6th October 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam after 12th for law? How to prepare for them?

Respected sir/ mam..
This is Asawari, completing 11th in Vashi, Navi Mumbai... And aiming to do law as soon as I complete 12th. I hereby want to know is there any entrance exam for law! And if so, what i have to prepare for it?? Please reply me soon all those details for this!! Thanking you!!

8th March 2012, 05:19 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam after 12th for law? How to prepare for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir/ mam..
This is Asawari, completing 11th in Vashi, Navi Mumbai... And aiming to do law as soon as I complete 12th. I hereby want to know is there any entrance exam for law! And if so, what i have to prepare for it?? Please reply me soon all those details for this!! Thanking you!!
Every University offering Integrated LLB program conducts entrance examination, however, in order to get into National Law Universities, you may appear for Common Law Admission Test. This test is conducted jointly by 14 National Law Universities of India and to be considered eligible for it, one must have qualified higher secondary level of examination with a minimum of 50% marks.
Candidates above 20 years of age are not considered eligible for the test, however, it is relaxed upto 2 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.

Pattern of Common Law Admission Test:
  • English including Comprehension-40 Marks
  • General Knowledge/ Current Affairs-50 Marks
  • Elementary Mathematics-20 Marks
  • Legal Aptitude-50 Marks
  • Logical Reasoning-40 Marks

The National Law Universities participating in the Common Law Admission Test are as follows:
  • National Law School of India University-Bangalore
  • NALSAR University of Law-Hyderabad
  • National Law Institute University-Bhopal
  • West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences-Kolkata
  • National Law University-Jodhpur
  • Hidayatullah National Law University-Raipur
  • Gujarat National Law University-Gandhinagar
  • Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University-Lucknow
  • Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law-Patiala
  • Chanakya National Law University-Patna
  • National University of Advanced Legal Studies-Kochi
  • National Law University-Orissa
  • National University of Study & Research in Law-Ranchi
  • National Law University & Judicial Academy-Assam.
9th March 2012, 03:05 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam after 12th for law? How to prepare for them?

You can apply for the Law course after completing 12th class. You can complete your 12th class in any subject area. You should score an aggregate of 50% marks in the 12th class level. There is an All India entrance exam which you need to attend. Based on the score that you secure in the entrance exam you can secure admission for the LLB course. The law course that you will pursue after your 12th class would be a 5 year integrated course.
29th March 2013, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

what are option of profession after doing law???
30th March 2013, 02:53 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Respected sir/ mam..
HI!
After passing 12th if you want to do law then you have to qualify the C.L.A.T exam.

COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST

ELIGIBILITY FOR C.A.T EXAM:-
> Pass 12th with any stream with minimum 45% marks.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 40% marks is require.
> Age should be in between 17-20 year
For ST/SC candidate 17-22 year.
> Only Indian can apply

For more detail log on to www.cla.ac.in

ALL THE BEST!
30th March 2013, 12:27 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Respected sir/ mam..

As you are in class 11 thus after completing your 10+2 education you will be eligible to get admission in Law course.After 10+2 you will have to take admission in BA LLB Course .For taking admission in this course you will have to appear in CLAT Exam.This a common entrance exam for taking admission in Law courses.

The colleges in which you will able to take admission are :-

Eligibility you will required to appear in this exam are :-

Educational qualification :-
~Should be passed out in 10+2/Pre final year appearing from recognized board.

Marks :-
~Minimum marks in 10+2 should be 50%.

~Age should not be above 22 years.

Syllabus and Pattern of CLAT Exam

~It will include questions from 5 sections.
~Total number of questions will be 200.
~Total marks will be 200.
~Total duration will be 2 hours.

• English Comprehension.
  • Numerical Ability.
  • Logical reasoning.
  • Legal Aptitude.
  • General Awareness.

30th March 2013, 03:04 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Is there any entrance exam after 12th for law? How to prepare for them?

Hi dear..

Every University conducts it's own entrance exam for admission into LLB or Integrated LLB program (5 years).

But if you want to get admitted to National Law Universities, then you have to appear for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test)

The eligibility is as follows :-

> You should have passed +2 from any recognized board/University.

> Candidate should have at least 45% marks. (Relaxation for reserved candidates, SC/ST 40% marks)

> You should be an Indian.

For more information and updated news please keep visiting their official site

http://www.cla.ac.in

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
6th April 2013, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

is it possible to do cs and law together?? give me some information about law as a profession??? income and other related things?
6th April 2013, 02:10 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes there is a entrance exam to take admission for law course after completing 12th. The name of the entrance exam is Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).

Common Law Admission Test is a national level entrance exam conducted for 14 National Law Universities of India. It is important to clear this entrance exam to take admission in most reputed law colleges in the country.

The course you will be applying for is integrated LLB course. The duration of this course is 5 years. The integrated LLB course means that it includes a bachelor course and LLB.

A couple of examples are BA LLB or BBA LLB course. This is considered more convineniant than first completing graduation and then applying for the 3 years LLB course.

CLAT Eligibility

1. It is important that you have completed 12th when applying.

2. You can complete 12th in any stream.

3. You should have passed with 45 percent marks or above.

4. The SC/ST students should have 40 percent marks in 12th exams.

5. Anyone above 20 years is not allowed to apply.

6. However SC and ST students can apply till 22 years.

7. No relaxation is given to OBC candidates.

Exam Pattern

English including Comprehension

Logical Reasoning

Elementary Mathematics

Legal Aptitude

General Knowledge/Current Affairs
3rd December 2014, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi,iam doing BA english under calicut university.I got above 90%marks for 2 i'd like to join for the integrated law course of 5 yrs at law college,calicut,kerala can i write the entrance exam next year?will they consider me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?