16th January 2018, 06:39 PM
Aarthe uthiran

Is there a scope in Indian Foreign Service for a candidate holding a Bachelor in Zoology?

I'm holding a Bachelor degree in Zoology. Is it acceptable for Indian Foreign Services? What is the future of Zoology in current market scenario of India? If I'm not eligible for Indian Foreign Service with this degree than what should I do further to get into Indian Foreign Service?

20th January 2018, 08:45 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there a scope in Indian Foreign Service for a candidate holding a Bachelor in Zoology?

First thing I would like to let you know that to join Indian Foreign Service you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further as far as you are concerned about having any scope in Indian Foreign Service having completed bachelor degree in Zoology then I would like to let you know that you can certainly apply for Civil Services examination to join Indian Foreign Service as per your educational qualification since there is no requirement of a particular stream/subject in academics for joining Indian Foreign Service.

For details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in .
20th January 2018, 10:32 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Is there a scope in Indian Foreign Service for a candidate holding a Bachelor in Zoology?

Yes, you are eligible for Indian Forest Services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Eligibility criteria for Indian Forest Services :

- One must have degree in Zoology, Botany, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Geology etc from a recognised university.

- Applicants age should lie between 21 and 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable as per guidelines by government ie. 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

- IFS examination is a three stage process :

- Preliminary Examination

- Mains Examination

- Interview/ Personality test
20th January 2018, 01:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination. A candidate who qualifies for Civil Service examination is eligible to join I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Service examination is that candidate must have passed the bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in all stage will become eligible for final selection.

For detail information about the syllabus of examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?