17th June 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Tips to become an IAS Officer after completion of 10th Class?

hello ........
My dream is to become an IAS officer...i have just passed 10th std...please suggest me some tips.....

18th June 2012, 02:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips to become an IAS Officer after completion of 10th Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello ........
My dream is to become an IAS officer...i have just passed 10th std...please suggest me some tips.....
You are not yet eligible for it
For becoming IAS officer you will have to give Civil service exam

Eligibility Criteria fir IAS exam

Age Limit- The candidate must have completed 21 years of age and should not be more than 30 years of age as on 1 july. Some relaxation is there in the upper limit for reserved categories.

Educational qualification - The candidate must have completed Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.

So after that you will be eligible for it. As for now you should concentrate on our NCERT books because they are the basis for the IAS exam

There will be papers on any indian language as chosen by you and English language these papers usually consist of Questions of matriculation level.
these papers will be of 300 marks each and a time of 3 hours will be alloted for these

the NCERT books form major portion of the General studies paper which is one of the qualifying paper It will be an objective paper of 200 marks and a time of 2 hours will be allotted for it.

you should also keep yourself updated about the currents affairs, about political news etc. these as are important from Civil service exam point of view. So you should start studying magazines and newspapers for these.

In the exam you will have to choose 2 optional subjects. there will be three papers of optional subject 1 which includes one objective prelim paper and other 2 main exam conventional papers. There will be 2 main exam conventional papers of optional subject 2.

So you can start the preparation of these subjects as per your choice from now on because these are the most important part of the examination.

You can also start practicing old papers of preliminary exam and main exam. There are some publications which provide last 10 years solve papers for IAS exam these are very important because these give you idea about your ability and preparation and also how to prepare for it.
26th November 2012, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 i want to be an IAS officer but i think i can do that side by side with my studies . What shall i do
27th November 2012, 05:19 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

You are not eligible for IAS exam right now. but when you are graduate then you can appear IAS exam. to become as IAS officer you must crack this exam.

Eligibility Criteria

There are minimum educational qualification is Graduate any stream from any recognized university.
final year candidate are also eligible for this exam

Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years

Age relaxation for OBC 3 year and SC/ST 5 years.

Attempts

For General 4
For OBC 7
For SC/ST No Limit
28th November 2012, 12:59 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Tips to become an IAS Officer after completion of 10th Class?

Quote:
hello ........
hi friend,

You are not eligible for IAS exam after 10th class

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service
  1. A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  2. Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:
  1. General category student:- 21-30 years.
  2. OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  3. SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
  1. General - max. 4
  2. OBC - max. 7.
  3. SC/ST - No limit.
Exam Pattern:
  1. Preliminary Exam.
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview
10th December 2012, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir I have completed my 10th and I didnt do my 12th. By moving to diplomo I have completed my bachelors in mechanical engineering.? Is it possible for me to do IAS exam
21st December 2012, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir i am in iit bombay and i want some tips to crack ias interview
22nd January 2013, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10th standard and do not know what to choose after it ... to be an IAS officer yet i know i can bring my concentration in any of the subjects either science or commerce .... but is there any important subject regarding IAS and ofcourse i want to know the physical requirement ( height..) needed for such
22nd January 2013, 04:46 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Tips to become an IAS Officer after completion of 10th Class?

Quote:
hello ........

hi friend,

You are not eligible for IAS exam after 10th class....

To become IAS officer you have most complete your graduation Degree in any Discipline with at lest 55% from recognise universities after you are eligible for this exam...........

Final year students are also applicable....

citizen of INDIA...

Age Limit :- 21-30 years..(+3 OBC , +5 SC/ST)

Exam Pattern:]

Preliminary Exam.
Main Exam
Interview

all the best......
22nd January 2013, 07:39 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

After 10th it is not possible to apply for IAS as the minimum academic qualification for IAS is Graduation. But you can start your preparation accordingly after 10th for IAS.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

The candidate has to prepare for Civil Service rigorously at least one year before sitting for the exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

I'V JST PASD 10TH & I WNT TO KNW WT SHUD I DO?IIT/JEE OR JST GRADUATION CZ I'V 5 YRS JST NW.........
23rd March 2013, 05:34 PM
vetrikarthik

Thumbs up Re: Tips to become an IAS Officer after completion of 10th Class?

hai friend,
You cant become an IAS officer after completion of tenth.
To become an IAS officer,you must hold any degree from any recongnized university.
IAS-Indian Administrative Service.
Some tips to become IAS officer:
* Go through the Syllabus.
* English and one essay paper are compulsory.So concentrate in English.
* Concentrate more on current affairs.
* Discuss with the seniors who have attended IAS examination.

All the best.
24th March 2013, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Is math a main subject in my goal iasp
31st March 2013, 08:51 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello ........My dream is to become an IAS officer...i have just passed 10th std...please suggest me some tips.
After completing 10th class you are not eligible for the IAS entrance examination. The minimum qualification is graduation in any stream from a recognize University.

Nice to see your interest in the field of the Civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC in every year. Indian Administrative Services (IAS) is the one of the famous and respected job of India. IAS entrance examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC once in every year.

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Examination :
Educational Qualification : pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year candidates can also apply for the Civil Services examination.

Age Criteria : The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible for the Civil service examination. For details and complete information regarding Civil Services examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th April 2013, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

which site in science will be useful for me if i am a systematic individual?
28th May 2013, 02:03 PM
a k 47

Smile Re: Tips to become an IAS Officer after completion of 10th Class?

To become an IAS officer one has to take Civil Services Exam, theminimum qualification for taking Civil Services Exam is graduation or equivalent. Thus after 10th you have to do +2 taking subject of your interest, After clearing +2 you have to join some degree college to get the necessary Bachelor’s degree to be eligible to take Civil Service Exam for IAS. After completion of graduation you have to follow the procedure given below:

Firstly, apply online/offline for UPSC Civil Services Exam held every year starting in the month of May.
Secondly, Take Civil Services Prilimanry Exam
Thirdly, If you are able to clear Civil Services Prilimanry Exam, take Civil Services Main Exam.
Finally, Once done with Main Exam you will be called by UPSC for Personality Test and Personal interview.

ALL THE BEST
30th May 2013, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

which book i follow for current affair???? reply fast
18th July 2013, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

i am in second year ...doing b.a. and i have history , political science and english literature as my subject. i want to prepare for civil services.....but i am in a great confusion,, whether to join coacing now or after my graduation...?
9th September 2013, 10:41 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend you are not eligible to apply IAS exam after completion of 10th Class.

For apply IAS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

For more information visit to:- http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best......
10th October 2013, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Is there is compulsory to take arts only for IAS ? it can be done by commerce also na please tell me
21st October 2013, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

How to plan daily shedule for preparation of IAS with preparation for 12th?
4th November 2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

hey i am in last year and interested in ias , and ips as i want to apply so can you say me the date month of filling
form in 2013
1st May 2014, 12:19 AM
pavithra kollegal

I am working as a govt staff nurse..I inspired to become IAS officer due to some reasons..my qualification.is diploma in nursing..but I completed BA in ksou mysore...can I do I A S
12th May 2014, 02:01 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have completed your 10th class and want to become IAS Officer.

It is a good move from you.

You have decided upon what you want to be and now the only thing that is left behind is to know the selection procedure or rout map to reach your destination.

Here it is,

In order to become IAS Officer, you should crack the following selection procedure

CSAT Exam
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream to apply for this Exam.

And this is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in all the civil services like
IAS
IPS
IFS
IRS etc.

So, I suggest you to opt for the stream in 12th class in accordance to your interest and Graduation also.

Make sure that at least one subject of optional subjects for Main Exam should be there in your academic levels.

Wish you all the best.
6th April 2018, 06:58 AM
Unregistered

Is there is any requirement of coaching institute for preparation of ias exam ?can one prepare at Home?
14th March 2019, 10:43 PM
Meg24

As you have just completed 10th I suggest you to first go through few Ncerts books which will help you get a strong basic for the subject.
Later on go for the arts stream as it will help you with the Upsc subject.
I suggest you to do B.A in any of the humanities background which will again help you with the subject.
31st March 2019, 08:56 AM
Quikri

As you have just passed 10th your next worry would be which stream to chose in 12th as it is the building blocks of your career.

When you have decided to go for UPSC ,you need to follow a path which will help you get through Upsc.
Coming to the official notification of Upsc website ,it mentions that any candidate having completed their graduation from a recognised Indian University is eligible for the post provided he is 21 years old.

You can see that the Upsc official notification mentions just a degree so you are free to pursue your passion and then go for Upsc and in case your only aim is Upsc ,I suggest you to go with the Arts stream as it will be helpful in the preparation of Upsc .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?