24th May 2013, 05:32 PM
Prabudha Mishra

How to become an IAS officer? I am a 10th standard student

I want to become an IAS officer , right now I'm in 10th std. and scores till 70% , wants to opt. for commerece and wants to konw how to prepare for my IAS exams right now

21st April 2014, 12:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a 10th standard student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabudha Mishra View Post
I want to become an IAS officer , right now I'm in 10th std. and scores till 70% , wants to opt. for commerece and wants to konw how to prepare for my IAS exams right now
Being a 10th standard you’re ineligible to apply for IAS entrance examination. To become a IAS Officer then you have to complete Bachelor degree course in any discipline from recognized university.

IAS stands for ( Indian Administrative Service ). This Examination is Organized by Union Public Service Commission . it's one of the Famous Civil service Examination . To appear in this Examination you should satisfy the eligibility Criteria,

The Notification for this Examination is Published in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC for every year . You may apply for this Examination Online Mode by Visiting the Official website of upsc . The Costs of Examination Applicant form Rs.100/- for General candidates and 50 for sc/st candidates .

:::Eligibility Criteria for IAS Examination:::

Academic Qualification :-

The Applicant should be Qualified in Bachelor degree Course in any discipline from recognized University .
Final year candidate may also eligible to Participate in this Examination
The both the Male and Female Applicants are eligible to apply for this Examination
Pass Marks is Enough to apply for this Examination
There is no Minimum Percentage of marks require for the IPS Examination .

Age Criteria :-

The Applicant age should be 21 years to 30 years
Upper Age Relaxation will given for sc/st candidates and OBC candidates .

Physical Standards :-

The Applicant should be Physically as well as Mentally fit .

Nationality

The Applicant should be Citizen of India
22nd March 2015, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

iam interested to become a ias officer im in 7th std and percentage in 95 so please inform me that am I capable to appear ias officer exam or what are the steps to follow and become ias officer after completing my 12th or graduation should I do master graduation also or after that anything else.
23rd March 2015, 08:45 AM
sanspeur

Quote:
For becoming a IAS one should have perseverance and consistent study.
Though you are 10th pass out I would like to suggest to take your subject seriously and gain conceptual learning as many of the questions in the exams are asked from the NCERT books of class 6 to 12.
As you can opt for commerce stream in 12th so it would helpful in selecting optional paper at the time of exam.
For clearing upsc exam one should have proper routine study and paper newspaper reading habit should be developed.
Before starting preparation for this exam one should know the syllabus and pattern of the exam.
As follows:
CSAT
Paper1 general science
Paper 2 aptitude and analytical
Mains :
General science 1
General science 2
Optional paper
Essay writing
Language paper
Interview
23rd March 2015, 12:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Its good that you have set up your career goal at very early stage. Setting up goal or career objective at early stage plays a vital role in accomplishment of that goal.

Here is the requirements which you need to fulfill in order to become I.A.S officer:

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services. In order to join this services, you have to crack the most toughest entrance exam of India that is Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted once every year by the Union Public Service Commission. It has three stages:

>>Preliminary examination: This is the first stage and is of qualifying nature and you will have to clear this stage to enter into next stage. Marks of this stage is not added or taken into account for rank list.

>>Main Examinations: It is of subjective type.

>>After clearing both stage, you will have to appear for personal interview.

Depending upon your performance in mains and personal interview, you will get your rank in the list if you clear the minimum cut off set by the U.P.S.C for that particular year of exam.

To appear for this exam, you must be a graduate in any stream or in final year of graduation and your minimum age should be 21 years.The upper age limit for general category student is 30 years, for OBC candidates is 33 years and for SC/ST candidates is 35 years.

>>There is no percentage criteria in bachelor's degree in order to apply for Civil services exam.

The number of attempts is 4 for general, 7 for OBC and no limit in attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

Right now you are class tenth, so you have ample time left with you to prepare for the Civil Services exams.

>>Keeping the present study of subjects in 10th or in 10+2, you can prepare for it. I would suggest you to go through NCERT books of 6th to 10+2 of science , social studies as they form the fundamentals for the exam.

>>Focus on the current affairs, making a habit of reading newspapers prefer 'The Hindu'. Work on English grammar, aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning.

For any more details, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2015, 03:12 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAS officer, first of all you have to complete your graduation degree.

Civil Service Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS.

As you are in 10th class, so first of all complete your 12th class and then graduation degree from any recognised university in any discipline. There is no minimum percentage criteria for Civil Service Exam so you can start preparing for it in your graduation also.
Final year students are also eligible for applying in this exam.

Civil Service Exam :

It consists of two stages :

Preliminary Examination
Main Examination

Preliminary exam consists of two papers, General Knowledge and other one is optional. Question will be objective type.
General knowledge consists of 150 marks and Optional Subject consists of 300 marks.

Candidate can choose optional subject from the following subjects :
Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Geology, Indian History, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Electrical Engineering, Sociology, Statistics and Zoology

Time duration for each paper is 2 hours.

Candidates who have passed Preliminary Exam are eligible for Main Examination.

Main exam is descriptive type exam. It consists nine papers. Each paper is of three hours.

English Paper : 300 marks
Indian Language : 300 marks
General Essay : 300 marks
General Studies : 300 marks
Two option paper : 300 marks ( each )

After clearing Main exam candidate will be called for personal interview. Candidates selected in Interview round will be called for Medical test.
23rd March 2015, 06:47 PM
unique99

If your motto to be an IAS Officer then you must follow the procedures how you are to proceed after 10th standard.

Step no 1.Complete your 12th standard having your preferable subjects.

" 2.Next you complete your Graduate degree successfully from the recognized
University.

After these steps you are capable for IAS entrance examination.

IAS Eligibility:-

1.IAS(Indian Administrative services)entrance examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

2.According to UPSC a final year degree candidate or a graduate from the recognized
university is capable to write IAS entrance examination.

3.AGE: General: 21-32 years, OBC: 21-35 years, S/C S/T: 21-37 years.

4.Every candidate must be the citizen of India.

5.Attempts: General: 06 chances, OBC: 09 chances,S/C S/T: No limit.

To get the IAS post candidates have to clear:-

1.Preliminary(CSAT) exam.

2.Mains exam.

3.Interview.

At appropriate time must not forget to visit http://www.upsc.gov.in to know current
rules regarding to submit IAS online application.
23rd March 2015, 08:57 PM
varam09

Quote:
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Services,firstly to become an IAS Officer, one has to give the Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).To give Civil services exam, one has to be a graduate from recognized University.The minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age is 30 years, this is applicable for general category candidates.However, there is age relaxation for reserved category candidates as 3 years for OBC,5 years for SC/ST,10 Years for PWD Category.

As you are a 10th student, you are not eligible to give this exam now, but you can appear for it, once you complete your graduation,as you are interested towards IAS you can start your preparation from your graduation itself, after completion of your graduation you can join good training institute, which boosts your preparation as there is limit on the number of attempts for this exam as 6 attempts are allowed for general category, 9 attempts are allowed for OBC Category and no limit for SC/ST Category.

The exam pattern is Prelims, Mains, followed by Personal Interview, you are also supposed to satisfy the physical standards fixed by the selection committee.
24th March 2015, 10:34 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

How to become an IAS officer? I am a 10th standard student

To become an IAS officer you need to satisfy the eligibility conditions framed for it by writing the IAS exam. You cannot apply for the exam at this stage by just completing 10th.

You are not satisfying the eligibility conditions framed for the IAS exam which includes such as:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Education Qualification

-> The nationality standard states that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India

-> The age limit needed is 21-30 years

-> For SC/ST candidates it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

-> The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university in any stream of education

The candidate who satisfies all these above criteria's is eligible for applying. Candidates are selected through 3 stages:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

It is better that you continue your studies and finish graduation in any stream prepare for the IAS exam and apply.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th October 2015, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer for 11th standard student with commerce stream.
13th October 2015, 11:25 PM
RRAL

IAS stands for the Indian administration services. This is basically a Post which can be given after clearing the civil service examination.

This exam is conducted by the Upsc every year. To be eligible for this exam, it is must to have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university with good percentages.

The students who wish to appear in this exam their age must be in between from 21 years to 32 years. The relaxation for the reserved category as 5 years for the SC/ST and 3 years for the Obc category students.
7th June 2018, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Which course is best for IAS if i am a student of maths. And which coaching is best.
10th March 2019, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

which group want to take in10 th standard to became an ias officer?
13th March 2019, 09:49 AM
Meg24

It is great to know that you are starting at such a young age.
To become an ias you need to clear the upsc conducted Cse examination.
The exam consists of 3 levels namely prelims mains and interview.
Upsc only mentions that a candidate who has completed graduation in any Field is eligible for the recruitment process provided he /she is of 21 years .

Coming to the selection of stream,if you really want to try for Upsc I suggest you to go for the arts stream as it has many subjects overlapping with the Upsc syllabus.
Start reading the Ncerts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?