1st December 2010, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Tips on how to get placed in infosys?

sir,I have infosys in my college on last week of december for recruitment.can you please give answers for the following questions
1.Tel me about yourself?
2.why should i hire you?
Also please give me some useful tips for getting placed in infosys.

Thank you sir.

2nd December 2010, 05:55 AM
Sindhana.K

Default Re: Tips on how to get placed in infosys?

1. Tell me about yourself?
Please start with the present that is your course now. Don't try to mug up anything. Be casual. Prepare well before your interview. simply think that you are selling yourself before them. your answer should be related to their needs.

2. why should i hire you?
before answering this question, you should be aware of the company's needs and expectation. try to match up their needs and your qualification. Suppose they ask for a software engineer with java knowledge and if you have any certification on java courses, tell them that this is the reason.
2nd December 2010, 07:18 AM
ahamedyaseen

Thumbs up Re: Tips on how to get placed in infosys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,I have infosys in my college on last week of december for recruitment.can you please give answers for the following questions
1.Tel me about yourself?
2.why should i hire you?

Thank you sir.
1. A brief summary of your personal details: You have to give your name, where you are from and a brief review of your resume. You may also provide any other personal detail that you choose to provide.

2. Education: You should tell the interviewer about your educational qualifications and any relevant miscellaneous educational qualifications that you might have amassed.

3. Professional experience: Standard questions during a job interview are “tell me about your professional experience”. Depending on whether you are a novice or an experienced professional, you should share your previous job experiences. If you are a novice, then, you could tell anything that you think would be relevant for the job. You may provide a scope of your educational capabilities and strengths or any of your hobbies, etc.

4. What are Your weaknesses and strengths: One of the tricky interview questions that you might be asked is “tell me about your weaknesses and/or strengths”. Therefore, you should prepare for such questions. A common mistake is to take strength and present it as a weakness. You should be honest. You may share one-two of your weaknesses and the way you have (successfully) corrected or handled these weaknesses. On the other hand, do not boast your strengths. Tell about some of your strengths as having a positive impact on your professional capabilities.
2.While answering this question, remember that the answer should not come across to be egotistical or be completely unrealistic. You should focus on providing reasons to hire you over someone else in the best way you can.
The interviewer wants to hear – how you are going to create value. Therefor, focus on ‘value creation’ when answering.
The following are some points to consider:

1. One of the best ways to answer this question is to make a short list of all your advantages and create a paragraph that would point out the positive aspects that you would bring to the new job position.

2. One of the points that you can raise is the similarity of the job profile you are aiming for at the company to the job profile you enjoyed in your previous job.

3. You can also draw the interviewer’s attention to your key skills and strengths, namely – quick learning, excellent communication skills, etc.

4. In addition, your professional ambitions should be made clear – the motivation and dedication that you have for the profession and the opening position.

5. Make sure that your answers do not come out to be too much about yourself or that they come across as conceited.

6. Your body language when you answer the question is important too. For example, your body language should make it clear that you have thought it over and given a carefully worded answer, instead of coming up with a made up, contrived answer.

While answering, firstly, take one of the job requirements, then focus on one of your related strengths/skills AND give a concrete example (a success story) based on your past experiences to support your point. Break the job requirements into fragments and continue in this manner.
For the last sentence, a phrase that can be used is:
The job is tailored to my (or- I will bring my) experience, knowledge base and abilities and I believe I can maximize my skills for the benefit of the company.
2nd December 2010, 08:56 AM
vinchel

Well the first thing about recruitments is to leave one thing behind. Fear and underconfidence. Just feel that you are the perfect person for this job.

For the aptitude, just refer to Shakuntala Devi's puzzles and general aptitude. This should be not tough for the average person.

For the question Tell me about yourself just follow this format :
My name is XXX from (place).
Family (not sufficient).
Completed or doing my B.Tech in branch.
Your main project if completed or mini project or seminar.
Your achievements or hobbies
Finally, your career objective. Just be honest and free as possible.

2. Why should we hire you
Many answers are available on net but just reply about your strengths and comments like " I don't know about others but I have utmost confidence in my skills and promise to utilize my maximum potential to the company and I wont let u down." Some dialogues like that should impress the interviewer.
2nd December 2010, 09:24 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

Infosys mainly check the puzzle solving capabilities of a candidate as per my experience. You should be confident of what you speak. If you don't know, then say I can't recall it or simply I don't know if the thing is beyond your scope.

For first ques you should tell them about your background and your special achievements.
For second, you should quantify your skills and knowledge required in the software field and force your interest on them with confidence.
2nd December 2010, 09:51 AM
pst

Mostly it will be based on the marks scored by you right from 10th standard and you need not worry about the other parts, which may not be a burden to you I think. If you have a good marks rights from schooling, it will do much to you. Good luck to get placed at Infosys.
2nd December 2010, 10:01 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Be ready with following stuff and

Material Needed :
1. Infosys Previous Papers(Very Very Important) ? Prepare as much as u can
2. Shakuntala devi puzzles ? 2 books ( Avoid fig. Problems) ? 4 days
3. Puzzles by Ravi narula - 1 day (Avoid lengthy questions)
4. George summers ( Just u lookout for the logic of how to solve the problem, don?t mind if u get the wrong answer because infy puzzles would be easier than this. )
5. Puzzles from brainteasers.com (prepare as much as u can)
6. If possible u can read RS Agarwal Reasoning. ( for 8 marks).
7. GRE Old edition book (for 8 marks ) ? logical reasoning
8. U can also see the probability and the combination problems.
9. puzzles by Mahesh (Interview puzzles would also comes from this book)

and coming to tell me about yourself should be about your engineering degree to your life......they just see your communication skills ...and
why should i hire you ??
you can say that i am looking for long term relationship where my services can
be utilized and i can grow along with the organization.
2nd December 2010, 10:31 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Infosys is a well-known software company. So the first and most important is you should have full knowledge about software designing and important programming languages. Don’t try to show yourself because it always creates negative effect.
I have attached model paper s of Infosys . so look at them.
Attached Files
File Type: docx infosys.docx(14.4 KB, 464 views)
2nd December 2010, 11:56 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

tips to get placed in infosys:-

1. try to clear some basic knowledge of your subject.
2. try to study one subject with more care. and tell that subject as your favorite subject.
3. try to do some programing and clear basic knowledge on programing.
4. improve your communication skill so that communication can not create any problem
5. be prepare for some common question like express yourself, your strength weakness etc.

now to get this type of question and answer and also some other question and also some question which asked by infosys visit the website www.allinterview.com.

from this website you will get a good idea on interview and also it will help you to be prepare for interview.

best wishes.
2nd December 2010, 12:10 PM
anjanidn88

infosys is one of the best it company in india.it takes a simple test exam relating to class11 and 12.it mainly focuses on personality and way of speaking.so try to develop your personality and improve your speaking skills.also it gives a difficult training.so prepare for it with best wishes
2nd December 2010, 12:17 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

hi friends
basic Aptitude and c and c++ is very important to clear the exam, my friends so many of them are working there only, prepare the Basic Grammar and Reasoning you can able to clear the exam, most of the question are taken from this website only, it will be very much helpful for you, practice regularly you can clear this easly
www.indiabix.com
very much helpfull for you
Best of luck
2nd December 2010, 01:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

To get a job in Infosys Company is a dream of every Person.

Infosys, Conducts a campus Interview on Manny good colleges And recruited a persons according to his/her technical skills.

The selection in Infosys is depends upon the written test, if you able to clear the written test, it means that he or she is eligible for the job.

If you are short listed in the written test then you will be selected in the interview. So, Mostly Infosys will select all candidates who did perform well in the written test.

So, please Concentrate on the written test and get the job in Infosys.
2nd December 2010, 03:21 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Quote:
1.Tel me about yourself?
2.why should i hire you?

Thank you sir.
Check the attechment,i think those would be helpful for you...
Best of Luck...
Attached Files
File Type: doc Infosys.doc(36.0 KB, 289 views)
2nd December 2010, 04:30 PM
Himani Gulati

Hi
1.Tel me about yourself?
For this u can answer like this
-I am xyz .
-My hometown is xyz .
-I have secured 98% in 10th ,97% in 12 th and 96% in Btech. .
-Regarding my technical skills i have a deep knowledge about c,sql,.net and my area of interest is networking .
-College project if any
-Besides studies i have a keen interest in sports and other co-curricular activities .I won the Chess Championship consecutively for 4 years in college and my paper presentation on the topic fuzzy logic was selected at national level.
-My strengths are : i am hardworking , a good team member and a quick learner .
-Weakness
- Hobbies
-Family background
Whenever this question is asked u should answer in the order i mentioned above .
2.why should i hire you?

For this you should mention your strengths like good team member and quick learner and if you have good academic record then u can say that i have got good academic record and if you hire me i wont disappoint you and i will work hard to fulfill the organization goal as well as my personal goals.
- - if they ask you about your personal goal then you can say each day i will increase my knowledge which will useful for me as i will increase my knowledge and also for the organization as that knowledge i will use in day to day work in the company

All the best these are just sample answers i have provided you you can mould them according to you .
Best Regards
Himani
2nd December 2010, 04:38 PM
Pranjal Srivastav

Hi

Iam giving you the tips that by which you can the placement in infosys at first you have to make the focus that you have to enter in infosys even my brother is also selected in infosys he is placed in hydrabad but there is criteria of infosys you should be more then 60% marks in 10,12,and if you are graduate or btech there they ask mathmetical questions and gramer and reasoning and you should also take care of your grooming that is your persnol behaviour. if you are ful filling those criteria then you can able to enter in infosys.IT works
2nd December 2010, 04:38 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Tips on how to get placed in infosys
1. try to clear some basic knowledge of your subject.
2. try to study one subject with more care. and tell that subject as your favorite subject.
3. try to do some programing and clear basic knowledge on programing.
4. improve your communication skill so that communication can not create any problem
5. be prepare for some common question like express yourself, your strength weakness etc.

now to get this type of question and answer and also some other question and also some question which asked by infosys visit the website www.allinterview.com.

good luck.
2nd December 2010, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

why u want to get selected in Infosys? I quit Infy and IT after 4.5 years and moved in to SBI as PO,, currently working in SBI as a PO... picture is not that glossy as it looks from outside... u know the system better once u enter it and i have known in and out of Infy in last 4.5 years... IT and Infy gave no salary hike n promotion in 2009.. minimum salary hike and few promotions in 2010... Obama is after outsourcing to prevent jobs from American... Ohio state in US banned outsourcing for all govt projects... Visa fee hiked by US for us.. US economy and european economy growing -ve or mere 1% growth. 60% of Infy and IT comes from US and 35% from Europe,,, only 2% from growing economy like India and rest 3 % from other countries... so they r highly dependent on US n europe which r under high debt.. Infy and IT showing profits because they r cutting cost by avoiding salary hikes n promotions nad similar other measures.. Situation will continue until they diversify heavily in developing countries like India china Brazil SA etc... u can decide ur fate
2nd December 2010, 05:09 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

First tell them what subjects you have learned and your projects.
then tell how your acquired skills would be helpful for their company.
they also take note of commmunication skills , so to avoid hesitation , try to speak about the topics which are clear to you.
2nd December 2010, 07:59 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello friend,

for getting placed in infosys , you should hv above 60% carrer.
if you satisfiying the criteria then you can follow these steps
1.can prepaired all the reasoning and aptitude papers
2.can prepaired for improving your talking style as well as speaking capability
3.you should improve your technical knowledge

you may follow previous year papers of infosys to crack the written test.

good luck....
2nd December 2010, 09:06 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

first you allot the time for every question according to the section Aptitude, Reasoning,English and Technical,

for you solve the Aptitude question , if you have good knowledge in Maths means go to Reasoning verbal and non verbal

last you go for English because in that you should read the paragraph and answer it will take more time, Technical is from Basic of c c++ and java

Best of luck prepare accordingly
2nd December 2010, 10:26 PM
saranarayanan

As for as infosys is concerned,the campus recruitment consists of 2 stages only they are
1) written test
2) direct interview
note: no group discussion (gd) in infosys
so it is easy to get placed by note the following points
1) Be thorough in aptitude (for this prefer book named GENERAL APTITUDE BY R.S.AGGARWAL)
2) Read English newspaper daily especially "the Hindu" for improve Ur communication skill and to know more new words..
3)Be thorough in fundamentals for programming like c,c++
4)Try to improve Ur communication skill (for this many software is available but it is too expensive),if it is brought in Ur institution pleas utilize it properly....

pls remember this two points before choosing infosys for ur carrier option.it contains two rules...
1) u should not attend any interview after getting placed in infosys
2) even though u placed there was regular monitoring in the company to test ur knowledge...and there was continuous assessment,if u failed in any test u will be thrown out....so think and then do....wish u all the best...
3rd December 2010, 05:51 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
you must be good at aptitude and problem solving..so practice the problems everyday...
have deep knowledge about the subject in which you are interested in..work on your communication skills..this will help you in getting through infosys

good luck
4th December 2010, 07:48 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

When they ask about yourself then try to give your complete details so that they get satisfied by your answer.Tell your name first and then where do you come from,your family,schooling and other such educational details,Your strengths and weakness,your hobbies,you are inspired of..

If you give him the above details then its more than enough.

When they ask you that why should they select you then tell him your ability to complete tasks,Your interest towards the job and even tell him that you will never let the company down.

Try to be as truthful as possible.All the best.
6th December 2010, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

sir can you plz tell me the english level of infosys written papers ?
13th December 2010, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

infosys is offering with no history of arrears or with no current arrear
14th January 2011, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

hi sir, i hav 77% in 10th n 70% in BE but i hav 53% in 12th ... can i eligible t attend infosys intrview...
2nd February 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,I am k.srilatha.persuing B.tech 4-2 in IIET,SIDDIPET.10ht-87%,inter-91%,B.tech in EEE-80.how can i get job in infosys directly.mymail [email protected] give me details.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
4th February 2011, 07:44 AM
vinchel

Infosys either keeps 60% for 10th,12th,B.Tech for their mega recruitments and also by employee referrals. But when they visit colleges, they are known to put around 70% for B.Tech and excellent academic record, meaning around 70-80 in 10th and 12th.
3rd June 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

sir , i have 96% in 10, 90% in 12, continuing b tech.
my extra certificates
1.c c n a
2.c , c
3.java, .net
.how can i get job in infosys directly.mymail [email protected] give me details.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
15th June 2011, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

sir, on 17 june, i have an intrview in infosys for accounting and finance process, i want to know how to prepare for the aptitude test and what kind of questions will be asked?
15th June 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

sir, on 17 june, i have an intrview in infosys for accounting and finance process, i want to know how to prepare for the aptitude test and what kind of questions will be asked? Anisha
24th June 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

is aptitude skill plays major role??????????????
18th July 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

i am b.tech student and i have 70% in 10th,63% in 12th & (63.54 in b.tech during 5th sem.).....am i eligible for infosys..........
21st July 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

i am b.tech student there is no infosys recruitment program in our college so i want to get placed in infosys from outside
can you tell me how many rounds i have to face if i approch like that
and tell me what are tips to get placed in infosys
2nd August 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I GOT 58% IN 10th class and 60% in 12th class and now i doing enggnieering from computer science branch so i am able to give interview in infosys what more reqrement is left to full fill in getting job in infosys
6th August 2011, 07:37 PM
arunjoival

Quote:
1.Tel me about yourself?
2.why should i hire you?

Thank you sir.
I m doing final year "cse" ..my qualification is
10th i have 63%
Diploma i have 87%
BE i have 72% upto 5th sem but i have one arrear in my 6th sem.infosys conduct campus on in our college sir...i m eligible or not
7th August 2011, 03:09 AM
nbnazreen

its very useful 4 me to see u ppl tips abt the question...thank u......
8th August 2011, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

use full to me
8th August 2011, 10:14 PM
sg1991

To get placed in TCS, you should be very confident during the intervierw. Your communication skills should be excellent. you should have good presentation skills. You should have a sound knowledge of your project work.

Gather some information about the company.

How to introduce yourself???
Tell your full name and your course. No need to tell about your family. Tell them about your interests, ambition, plus points. Avoid negative points. Do not tell anything false.

Reason for hiring you???
Keep knowledge of company's needs and answer according to that.
15th August 2011, 08:19 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

1. A brief summary of your personal details: You have to give your name, where you are from and a brief review of your resume. You may also provide any other personal detail that you choose to provide.

2. Education: You should tell the interviewer about your educational qualifications and any relevant miscellaneous educational qualifications that you might have amassed.

3. Professional experience: Standard questions during a job interview are “tell me about your professional experience”. Depending on whether you are a novice or an experienced professional, you should share your previous job experiences. If you are a novice, then, you could tell anything that you think would be relevant for the job. You may provide a scope of your educational capabilities and strengths or any of your hobbies, etc.

4. What are Your weaknesses and strengths: One of the tricky interview questions that you might be asked is “tell me about your weaknesses and/or strengths”. Therefore, you should prepare for such questions. A common mistake is to take strength and present it as a weakness. You should be honest. You may share one-two of your weaknesses and the way you have (successfully) corrected or handled these weaknesses. On the other hand, do not boast your strengths. Tell about some of your strengths as having a positive impact on your professional capabilities.
2.While answering this question, remember that the answer should not come across to be egotistical or be completely unrealistic. You should focus on providing reasons to hire you over someone else in the best way you can.
The interviewer wants to hear – how you are going to create value. Therefor, focus on ‘value creation’ when answering.
The following are some points to consider:

1. One of the best ways to answer this question is to make a short list of all your advantages and create a paragraph that would point out the positive aspects that you would bring to the new job position.

2. One of the points that you can raise is the similarity of the job profile you are aiming for at the company to the job profile you enjoyed in your previous job.

3. You can also draw the interviewer’s attention to your key skills and strengths, namely – quick learning, excellent communication skills, etc.

4. In addition, your professional ambitions should be made clear – the motivation and dedication that you have for the profession and the opening position.

5. Make sure that your answers do not come out to be too much about yourself or that they come across as conceited.

6. Your body language when you answer the question is important too. For example, your body language should make it clear that you have thought it over and given a carefully worded answer, instead of coming up with a made up, contrived answer.

While answering, firstly, take one of the job requirements, then focus on one of your related strengths/skills AND give a concrete example (a success story) based on your past experiences to support your point. Break the job requirements into fragments and continue in this manner.
For the last sentence, a phrase that can be used is:
The job is tailored to my (or- I will bring my) experience, knowledge base and abilities and I believe I can maximize my skills for the benefit of the company.
Thanks
15th August 2011, 11:15 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
1.Tel me about yourself?
2.why should i hire you?

Thank you sir.
Mostly it will be based on the marks scored by you right from 10th standard and you need not worry about the other parts, which may not be a burden to you I think. If you have a good marks rights from schooling, it will do much to you. Good luck to get placed at Infosys.
16th August 2011, 12:07 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Unregistered;258648]sir,I have infosys in my college on last week of december for recruitment.can you please give answers for the following questions
1.Tel me about yourself?
2.why should i hire you?

Answer:-
1. Tell them about your self.Start with your name then your course,location.
Try to give simply introduction don't hesitate.Be cool and have faith in God.

2. For answering this question you have to know about company and their expectation from you and accordingly you can give answer of this question.Tell them truth and surely you get selected.
16th August 2011, 12:25 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your degree education then you get selected in
campus interview through Infosys company :-
Specially they see 60% career student then you go for procedure for that:-

Written exam
GD
PI

Sample papers:-
Attached Files
File Type: doc Infosys1.doc(30.0 KB, 212 views)
File Type: doc Infosys 2.doc(38.0 KB, 176 views)
File Type: doc Infosys 3.doc(24.5 KB, 164 views)
File Type: doc Infosys 4.doc(27.0 KB, 176 views)
16th August 2011, 12:36 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Tips on how to get placed in infosys?

Quote:
1.Tel me about yourself?
2.why should i hire you?

Thank you sir.
Details Of Infosys Experienced Interview

Hi all, I attended Infy Puzzle test for experienced on Sunday 27th at Bangalore.
The next day I had interview.
The interview was very simple.. they just look at your communication skills and they want to know whether u really worked or not...they dint stressed me much on technical concepts. they just asked me about the overview of how the work is organized. and how the work was delivered.

The Technical interview was conducted for 15 min and then I went for HR round.
The HR just discussed about the Salary things. and nothing much...
Anyways. Infy offered me less than What I get in my present company.. so i denied the offer.
11th October 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

sir , i got 54 % in 10th and 61% in diploma in c.s from kashipur and 65% in btech so i m able to give interview in infosis.
6th November 2011, 04:01 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Infosys is a top company, and its very particular about hiring and discarding people.

So you be prepared fully for the interview and its results.

Firstly, talk about yourself, what you are, what interest you the most, your motto's etc.

Then you try to be casual, yet smart and confidence also plays a very vital role in deciding the result of your interview.

Anyways, next tell them about your key skills , x factor that no body else has got. You have to convince them, that you are the right candidate for them.

Never lie about anything, be honest and true.

All the best
12th February 2012, 09:44 PM
puchu007

Well the first thing about recruitments is to leave one thing behind. Fear and underconfidence. Just feel that you are the perfect person for this job.

For the aptitude, just refer to Shakuntala Devi's puzzles and general aptitude. This should be not tough for the average person.

For the question Tell me about yourself just follow this format :
My name is XXX from (place).
Family (not sufficient).
Completed or doing my B.Tech in branch.
Your main project if completed or mini project or seminar.
Your achievements or hobbies
Finally, your career objective. Just be honest and free as possible.

2. Why should we hire you
Many answers are available on net but just reply about your strengths and comments like " I don't know about others but I have utmost confidence in my skills and promise to utilize my maximum potential to the company and I wont let u down." Some dialogues like that should impress the interviewer.
31st March 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

I am afinal year B.Tech I T student.Passingout in 2012.Am i eligible to attend the nfosys interview?
31st March 2012, 09:32 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in INFOSYS
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria first

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR INFOSYS :

1.You must have minimum 60% marks thorughout your academic career
2.You should not have any pending backlogs

I think you have all these criteria

You can also follow these books :

24th June 2012, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
Can you plz tel me that now i am doing BBM so can i apply for infosys when i wil complete my graduation and what all written test will be conducted and should we have to write all papers or there must be option for it
Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?