4th September 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it useful to do M.Tech after work experience?

i have just completed my btech
i have no preparation for gate but i want to do mtech
i just want to know is it useful (in terms of package hike) to do mtech after work exp.??

Related Questions:
  1. Should I go for M.Tech or Designing after completing Civil Engineering? What will be my salary if I do work in office?
  2. What should an ECE graduate choose between M.Tech or job after completion of B.Tech degree?
  3. Civil companies which offer training for Civil Engineers? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I go for M.Tech Embedded System? I am B.E EC student with 1 year work experience
  5. Should I go for M.Tech directly after completing MCA or after some work experience?
  6. Institutes which consider 2 years of Work experience and minimum cutoff for these institutes considering the work experience?
  7. What to do after M.Com in economic and financial management(eafm)?
  8. What kind of job or work experience is needed to go abroad to study MBA?
  9. Can I get any benefit to study MS in USA having a work experience?
  10. Possibility of pursuing Ph.D Civil Engineering in Chennai for M.Tech candidate who has 3 years of work experience?
  11. To become a CEO, what should an engineering student study after btech?
  12. Can I apply for Ph.D from USA after M.Sc from Nepal without any work experience?
  13. Can I apply in GMAT to pursue Management Studies in any foreign school without any work experience being a B.A. student?
  14. Should I leave the job after 2 years experience and do M.Tech or continue with the job and do part time M.Tech?
  15. What is the value of MCA degree through distance learning?
  16. Will the Indian Experience work abroad(In UK)? How to get work visa in UK?
  17. Work experience is good for MS in USA?
  18. Whether work experience is required to apply for an Internship in Google India? -- [New]
21st September 2011, 04:12 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is it useful to do M.Tech after work experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have just completed my btech
i have no preparation for gate but i want to do mtech
i just want to know is it useful (in terms of package hike) to do mtech after work exp.??
Always.. It will be fetching if you pursue and upgrade your degree with experience than as a fresher..

there are many case studies with me relating to this in my friend circle it self..

No don't do M.tech now .. its not suggestable if you don't have good knowledge of subject till now.. as you told you are not preparing for GATE entrance exam.. yet.. I hope this will effect your chances to get top rank..

you can do masters in normal colleges also but Its mere waste of time..
doing masters in normal colleges is real waste.
if you want to do masters
you should atleast aim for top 100 colleges in india.. then only there will be some value for your degree in the market..

I will explain you a case study.. of my two friends which is relating to your problem. only. have a keen reading

one friend is the one who has less attention towards studies completed b.tech after that he started working in a IT firm as programmer after a lot struggle in getting that job..

other friend who is very studious got the seat in a above average college of hyderabad for his masters in V.L.S.I

after 3 years.

my friend who is working with a Programmer job now is at the range of Executive HR with his talent and all. and simultaneously he completed MBA in HR. Now his pay is 75k basic..

The other friend who completed M.Tech in VlSI got a job again as a team leader with the salary of 23 K

See the difference.. its not the degree which matters but the talent. and experience .. after 6 months experience my first friend completed his M.B.A part time and while working he upgraded to a new company with the experience and he got a position of Executive HR.

I'm not criticizing M.tech but.. what I want to say is if you want to go for research kinda fields opt for M.Tech or else for doing a IT job there is no need of Doing M.tech Just with good initial job experience you can get into the good range in this field. if you later want to pursue then it will be good..

Hope you understood it positively..

Regards

~aditya~
21st September 2011, 07:30 PM
saugata2008

Default Re: Is it useful to do M.Tech after work experience?

I think theoretical knowledge matters up to a certain level ,after that which matters most is the practical knowledge .Practical knowledge helps to enhance your skills which is mostly needed in the industries .
So if you want to get a job in industries or companies then I don't think M.Tech is really helpful .
But if you want to go in teaching line then you have you do M.Tech.

Thank you
2nd November 2011, 11:59 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Is it useful to do M.Tech after work experience?

Yeah sure you can gain some work experience and then do M Tech. What you would gain in this is that you would be an edge above the B Tech+ M Tech candidates who are fresher. Obviously companies look for higher educated professional, but a bit of work experience is of no harm.

The only this is that do be determined to get back to your studies, cause most people tend to get lost in the market with their issues of salary, promotion and start neglecting the thoughts of higher education. and later on this hinders their growth.

So I think ultimately yes, if you can remain determined and have a master plan well made, then you can work and gain experience as of now, n keep in touch with the studies and M Tech GATE preparations too. Not to forget that, competition is increasing day by day every year !

So now you can decide the best!

Take care.
10th November 2011, 11:17 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Good idea is to do any master degree after job experience
it enables you to understand our capability and how to manage the time
19th December 2011, 03:32 AM
Unregistered

I am working professional in an IT company, it's been 1.5 year now but I really wanted to do M.Tech , Its like a dream to me.
now I am this upcoming GATE exam and I am sure that I will make my score card worthy of a NIT at-least.
My dilemma is that since I will be having 2 years of work experience by then and will it be helpful after MTech ?
my profile till now is
BE 71
Work Ex 2 years (approx) in cmm level 5 company
age 23 years .
28th April 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

sir,i was a b.tech graduate with 56% in a normal college 2011 passed out,one year is completed no job,shall i do m.tech or to any small job,please understand my problem please give me reply to my mail [email protected]
5th May 2012, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

sir
i have just completed btech with cs and got 70%.sir what should i do .either go for job or else doing mtech or mba.and i am 19.5 years old only.please suggest me
27th June 2012, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have 3 years of work experience in IT industry and 2 years with a software giant in India. I have an offer from BITS Pilani for ME in SS.

Should I opt for that?
Would I be considered same as BE guys at the time of placements and later in the industry?
24th July 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

I am 2010 pass-out having 1.8 years experience in industry. is it really god idea to take gap and try for GATE?
28th December 2012, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

I Have 1 years of working experience in IT. Now I want to do my M.Tech and later want to persue my career in Academics . What shall I do? I have completed my Btech in ECE and working in IT. If I have to go for Mtech, Can I opt for any specialization in electronics or i have to have to select for IT?
17th June 2013, 03:26 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

If you want to pursue your career in Academics, the you should go for M.Tech without any doubt.
Generally work experience doesn't count in M.Tech.
Since you have done your graduation from ECE, you should appear for GATE with ECE subjects. you can take ECE specialization and then again can join IT firm at higher post with better salary.

There will be some course in M.Tech related to IT as well. If you want, you can go for that too. But the courses available differs from college to college.
Make sure to do M.Tech from best M.Tech colleges, like top IIT to increase your chance of getting placed.

All the best
1st July 2013, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I am currently working as a software Engineer for 18 months in a software company. I completed my MCA in 2011.My current salary in 24k/month and working on Java stream. But i am not satisfied with the current job and level of salary. I want to go for Mtech in CS from a good college to increase my value and get into R & D or likewise. Please suggest me, will it be feasible enough to go for Mtech at this stage.How it can help to have better future prospects than now. Thanks in advance.
10th November 2013, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Is it useful to do M.Tech after work experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am working professional in an IT company, it's been 1.5 year now but I really wanted to do M.Tech , Its like a dream to me.
now I am this upcoming GATE exam and I am sure that I will make my score card worthy of a NIT at-least.
My dilemma is that since I will be having 2 years of work experience by then and will it be helpful after MTech ?
my profile till now is
BE 71
Work Ex 2 years (approx) in cmm level 5 company
age 23 years .
I am currently working in a reputed service based company, currently having 8 months experience... but my great desire is to persue m.tech from a top tier college and i m preparing for Gate to achieve it.So, Is it good idea to leave this job and persue m.tech.What did you do in that time?
5th December 2013, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone suggest me whether it is worth to do M.tech after 5 years. I have completed B.TEch in 2009 and have 3.5 Yrs IT experience.After completing M.tech whether I will get job in MNC ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?