14th February 2012, 08:25 PM
chaitali bose

From which website to get the UGC NET paper? Difference between paper 2 and 3?

from the website of ugc,i have come to know that the 3rd paper of ugc net will be objective type.then what will be the difference between paper 2 & paper 3?i am student of home science..can you give any idea about the model question?

16th February 2012, 04:59 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From which website to get the UGC NET paper? Difference between paper 2 and 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitali bose View Post
from the website of ugc,i have come to know that the 3rd paper of ugc net will be objective type.then what will be the difference between paper 2 & paper 3?i am student of home science..can you give any idea about the model question?
Since the change in the format of National Eligibility Test will be effective from the upcoming June 2012 exam, its difficult to provide any idea regarding the difference in paper II and paper III, as both of them will be of objective type.
Earlier Paper I and Paper II were of objective type in which Paper I was common for everyone and comprised of reasoning ability, comprehension, general awareness etc. and Paper II was based on the subject opted by the candidate.
Both the Format and the syllabus of Paper I and Paper II will remain unchanged even in the upcoming exam.
In case of Paper III, there will be 75 questions of objective type, each carrying 2 marks but the syllabus for this paper is supposed to be remain unchanged and as a result, the questions might be based on:
  • Reasoning Ability
  • Ability to Understand
  • Critical thinking

Since there will be no change in the syllabus and your subject is Home Science, Click here for complete syllabus of the subject.
17th February 2012, 03:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From which website to get the UGC NET paper? Difference between paper 2 and 3?

Quote:
UGC Conducts the NET Examination, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET Examination.

~~ If you are Interested in NET Examination and need previous year papers of NET Examination, then please visit the official website and download directly from there and keep practice.

But, From this year, NET Examination paper will changed, And from this year there are 3 papers and all are Objective.

No Descriptive papers from this year and no Negative marking also.

The examination is Conducted in same day in 2 session, There are 2 papers in 1st session and only 1 paper in Last session.

~~ There will be 60 questions in 1st paper and out of which 50 questions are to be attempted

~~ In 2nd paper, there are 50 questions and all are compulsory

~~ In Last paper there will be 70 questions and all are compulsory.

The duration of 1st and 2nd paper is 1¼ Hours and Last paper will be of 2½ Hours.

You have to choose the subjects in NET on the basis of your Post graduation Only. The list of subjects is already availiable in the official website.

So, please check the official website for complete Information :

http://ugcnetonline.in

Download Papers : Click Here
16th May 2012, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

i am preparing ugc net 2012.is the paper 3 in discriptive or essay.please give the clarification.
26th May 2012, 05:17 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
I have attached some papers of NET...hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip home science papers.zip(1.77 MB, 44 views)
24th January 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know which is better for me net or jrf for life long i did pg in ma history
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?