19th April 2018, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

What is the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for CAT?

Can I take up CAT exam directly after 12th? I want to do my BBM and MBA in the IIM itself. So, is it possible to appear for CAT after 12th only or I need to appear for any other exam for graduation first?

26th April 2018, 11:40 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for CAT?

You can not appear for Common Aptitude Test after 12th board exams.

The basic academic qualification required is bachelor's degree from recognized university with minimum of 50% marks.

You can apply for entrance exam of IIM Indore for integrated BBA and MBA after 12th.

27th April 2018, 04:22 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for CAT?

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and this exam is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA college. Maximum no MBA college get admission through CAT exam.

Those candidate completed graduation degree with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidate this marks is reduced to 5%.

Selection process for CAT exam are Written exam, Group Discussion, Personal Interview.

For more detail about CAT exam, you can visit at www.catiim.in.

27th April 2018, 04:52 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The exam is mainly for the purpose of admission into IIMs for MBA course.

However CAT ranking is considered by various other Business schools.

Eligibility criteria for CAT:

You should have done graduation with at least 50% marks. You can be from any stream provided you have studied Maths at +2 level.

But it's not the end of story of admission. CAT ranking just give you percentile.

After the CAT percentile, colleges, call you for interview and group discussion.

It is the most crucial part, group discussion test your communication skills, general awareness about business Economics.

So to get through admission process, you have to prepare a extra mile beyond just CAT ranking.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?