11th January 2016, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

What can I do if I am not getting a job since last 4 months?

I have completed be in e&tc. I am a fresher and right now its not possible to do the any course am looking for job since 4 months then also i didn't get the job I have joined consultancies but they demand for money which is not possible for me. So plz tell me what can I do.

11th January 2016, 11:56 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What can I do if I am not getting a job since last 4 months?

Getting jobs is not easy, however it is not that difficult as well. All that one has to do is move in the right direction and find one. As you have stated that you are a B.Tech in ECE and are trying to get a job since the last 4 months. It is also evident that you have not been able to get a job till now and want to get placed asap. Some of the following things may be hindering you from getting placed:

Lack of domain knowledge, Lack of interest/initiative, Financial Constraints, Lack of jobs available in your local area and more.

However, if you are wanting to work then please be open and ready to move out of your home town and rather comfort zone. It is not easy.

I would suggest you two ways by which you can try to get jobs. It works most of the times:

1. AMCAT - This is an Employability test which basically tests the students on their different abilities such as quatitative, logical, english etc. It then gives you a score which you can use to get placed. There are many companies that are recruiting through AMCAT Score and you can simply register for its test as soon as possible.

The test is not considered very difficult however scoring the maximum in it can be the key. Some of the good companies that recruit through AMCAT at times are Accenture, Cognizant and more.

2. Elitmus is another similar exam that can be given for getting a job. It is a little on the tougher side but can be cracked with decent amount of preparations.

On a separate note, It is always wise to have a good CV Built and then uploaded on the job portals such as Monster, Timesjobs, Shine and Naukri. It is highly likely that the recruiters shortlist your profile on the basis of their requirements and call you for interviews.

Some of the interview tips include, having good communication skills is a must as far as cracking interviews goes. It is non negotiable and so develop it as much as you can. Analytical skills and good corporate skills would also serve as added benefits for you.

Thus, you have to spend a little amount on the above suggest exams post which you would definitely get a job within a month.
12th January 2016, 09:54 AM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What can I do if I am not getting a job since last 4 months?

Now a days the competition for the jobs are more and you must be the one with good knowledge in your core field or the one in which you are searching for jobs.

Present your self with all the knowledge you acquired or else as you are a fresher you can take up the courses in which you have interest either your core electronics or software related courses and get trained well on the subject and then appear for the interviews,then you can appear for the jobs.

There are many courses in which you can get trained such as the
  • Java
  • Oracle
  • C
  • C++
  • .Net,etc

Take up the coaching in any of these courses and then search for any of the related jobs and also post your resume in every MNC companies careers and then you will get the job updates check for latest vacancies and then appear for those interviews.
12th January 2016, 11:50 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What can I do if I am not getting a job since last 4 months?

You have completed E & T engineering & looking for job since 4 months. It's not too long period. So, don't worry about job. It's time to improve your knowledge & preparation for competitive exams & placement.

You should Improve knowledge in
- Digital Electronics
- Logic Design
- Fundamentals of Communication Engineering
- Electronic Circuits
- Signals and Systems
- Power Electronics
- Applied Electromagnetic Theory
- Integrated Circuits
- VLSI
- Control Systems

Core Subjects In E & T Engineering
- Electromagnetics
- Electronics
- Electrical circuits and machines
- Signals and systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Microprocessors and Embedded systems
- Communication systems
- Optical systems
- VLSI

Career Prospects
If you have a good knowledge in this field , then you will have chances to get job in Aviation , Manufacturing company , Telecommunication , Power Generation & Distribution company , Hospital and Electronics company.

Top Companies hiring E & T Engineers
- Wipro
- HCL
- TCS
- BSNL
- AIR
- BEL
- Siemens
- Philips
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?