14th January 2018, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

What is difference between Group 1 of Civil Service and TNPSC?

What is the difference between the Civil Service Exam and The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 1 exam? Which one is more better in terms of career value?

16th January 2018, 06:16 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: What is difference between Group 1 of Civil Service and TNPSC?

Both the exams enable you to pursue your career as a civil servant.

Differences :

- TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission ) is a state level examination which is given by Tamil Nadu as per the requirements of officers.

-UPSC CSE (Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination) is a centre level examination taken by government of India.

- In TNPSC Services you cannot have the opportunity to serve with different departments under government of India, unless you are allotted IAS/IPS services after certain years of services.

- Promotion are pretty faster in CSE than TNPSC. However, initially both join as Deputy Collector/ Asst Collector, 5400 grade pay.

- There are many services like ITS (Indian Trade Services), IDAS (Indian Defence and Accounts Services), IRTS (Indian Railway Traffic Services) etc. which are only part of CSE not TNPSC.
17th January 2018, 02:15 PM
chikkykranthi619

Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a state level examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu government where as the Civil Service Exam is an examination conducted by the central government i.e UPSC for recruiting right and deserved candidates as IAS,IPS,IRS etc.which has a pay scale as per central government norms and conditions.
In terms of carrier value, Both the exams are equally important and comparatively civil services examination is of higher cadre.
If a candidate is recruited as group-1 officer then he will be given offer in that particular state only where as if candidate get's a job via civil service exam then he may be posted anywhere in India.
17th January 2018, 03:14 PM
Ramabai L

TNPSC Group Exams

-> TNPSC is conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.

-> There are 4 groups of exams from high to low.

-> Age limits required according to posts.For SC/ST candidates age relaxation is given.

-> Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts this exam only at the time of need of employees to TN government

-> Most important is this exam is State level only.

UPSC Exams (Indian Civil Service)

->The UPSC Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Service Exams.

->Candidate should complete required education qualification or a degree belongs to the post can apply for this exam.

->It's all about Central, State, and all over India.

->There are 3 levels of exam Preliminary, Main, and Interview.

->This exam is very toughest and prestigious one in our Nation.

->Totally more than 11 CSE exams conducted by UPSC.

->Post like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, IFS, IDAS, IRAS, IAAS, IP&TAFS, IRTS, IRPS, ITS.

->With required qualification and age limits, age relaxation is given to the particular candidates.

->No. of Attempts is given according to the post.

Thank You.

Last edited by Ramabai L; 30th January 2018 at 04:10 AM. Reason: i have to follow the guidelines
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?