14th September 2011, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between technical university and FH?

i want to know what is diff. between technical uni and fh?
i have completed engineering in computer. i want to do do master in germany.
and after that i want to do p.hd or related job to my study..
so in which better for me? fh or university?

14th February 2017, 11:19 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the difference between technical university and FH?

FH is a German word which means Fachhochschule. In Germany universities are famous in the name of "Fachhochschule ". Basically FH is an University in German for the course of "Applied Science" and this course have many option in field of "Engineering, Technology or Business" whereas in Indian those University which have technical courses like B.Tech, Bio.Tech etc are well known as "Technical Univerity". In India almost every states have their own technical University. Some of the famous Technical universities in India are "Anna University", "Delhi Technical University", "Indra Prashtha University", UPTU, RTU, PTU etc. Also there are some private technical Universities like Symbiosis University, Hindustan University, Amity University, NSIT etc.

But when it comes to the quality of education then FH is more oriented towards the practical use of theoretical knowledge and in Technical University Theoretical Paper have same importance as Practical things . So if you wants to get more practical knowledge then “Fachhochschule” might be the right place for you to study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?