19th December 2010, 10:24 AM
sultan sakib

What to do after B.Tech ECE : M.Tech or MBA?

i am doing btech in ECE,what would be best for me mtech or mba?

19th December 2010, 02:40 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech ECE : M.Tech or MBA?

MBA is good for you because it is a management course. after this you can get a good job in a big company and you get a smart salary. so i advise you to do MBA . thanking you..
19th December 2010, 03:59 PM
sindhusweety

hey,
you can take MTECH it has great oppurtunities any way MBA is also ok but it should required some bussiness skills, but it is not link to your BTECH .
19th December 2010, 04:22 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
It is a question that have confused alomst every B.E/B.Tech holders going for higher studies.

I suggest you to compare them(M.TECH/MBA)interms of your interests, flair for your discipline, your responsibilities and Job opportunities for both degrees in the long run.

If you are passionated and interested more in your engineering discipline/specialization and want to have a career in your core discipline, M.Tech will be the better option.
The core companies in your chosen field of specialization would definitely give more chance for M.Tech holders,it being the higher qualification than B.Tech. It will also help you to make a career in the Research field like pursuing a PhD.

Whereas,MBA is completely different subject that demands more of leadership Qualities, Business and Management aptitude and an exemplary vocabulary skills. If you are interested in management which has nothing to do with your field of specialization, MBA would be a good option for you.
But getting an MBA degree form a reputed college will only help you and it will require little more effort to prepare for entrances.

So,take a decision after considering various aspects like your interests, your skills, the time that you can give for preparation.
19th December 2010, 04:31 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

it depends on your interest only. If you are looking to grow in your technical field then you should definitely go for M Tech from a good institute like IITs or NITs.
If you are more interested in managerial work then you can go for MBA in IT and Systems management. It will help you to develop the managerial skills to manage project effectively.
19th December 2010, 04:33 PM
ruchika4989

i think both are equally good .mtech will provide you with specilisation in your field while MBA will give your career a different direction i.e.administration ...so its you who have to decide what you want to do after 2 years of your post graduation
all the best
19th December 2010, 04:44 PM
Mohit Raj Saxena

Location: I live in Lucknow but presently pursuing B.Tech from NIT Durgapur.

Dear friend

First of all set your priorities whether you want to work in the field which you have known from past four years and have good knowledge about it or you want to enter in b world,choice is yours....but my friend MBA is such a field which can help you to reach at the top and achieve whatever you have always dreamt of and as far as salary is concerned you will earn huge huge money.....now comes mtech,with mtech also you can become a lecturer in universities,colleges or even can work in R&D sector ,life is really cool but money wont come as in MBA.....so choice is yours dude.....

Best of luck....!!!
19th December 2010, 05:01 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

I would suggest you to take the course in which you have more interest and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

My personal suggestion is to go for MBA. These people are having very good future in these days. Job prospects are very high.

The only reason for this is these people are good at technical knowledge and also in managerial skills.

There are various specializations available for you in MBA.
1.finance-marketing
2.hr-marketing

will be good options.

At the same time try to complete some ncfm certifications by NSE-national stock exchange.

Dont do mba for the sake of certificate.
Be good at corporate knowledge
market trends

and develop all kinds of soft skills and communication skills.

All the best
19th December 2010, 05:49 PM
nishant1110

It is better you do MBA if you want to go into the corporate sector. However, if you prefer to choose only engineering (suits best with mechanical & ECE), you can choose MTech. The choice is entirely yours, and it depends on your condition and your expectations.
19th December 2010, 06:43 PM
juniorravik1214
Banned

dear friend , i think you should go for M.Tech as most of the engineering students prefer M.Tech after b.tech. for your kind information i want to inform you that general or commerce students prefer M.B.A whereas b.tech students prefer m.tech mostly but there is no any restriction.
19th December 2010, 10:17 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see, if you are interested to work with your EC field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs,like in R&D cell, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

best of luck........
19th December 2010, 10:21 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

we can suggest you only one thing and that is It totally depends on you in which you have interest-------
1.)M.tech--if you want to go in your technical field this is best..
qualified exam-GATE
2,)MBA--if you want to go in management side or buisness side.
qualified exam-cat,mat..
19th December 2010, 11:11 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)If you want to Enter into the core field or Research field you can go for M.Tech in ECE, i think it is BE ECE check it out

2)If you thinking for Manager level in Any company or Business then you can go for MBA

3)I think core field will be very interesting, and another thing is that you finished B>tech then go for One year Appernties Training and then do Higher studies thin your knowledge will be improved more, you know the Meaning of what you study, that is most important,because so many of them don't knew the basic

Best of luck
20th December 2010, 03:31 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

M.tech and MBA is totally different. M.Tech is study on technology whereas MBA is study on management subject.

if you like technology if you like your B.Tech electronics and communication subject then obviously M.Tech is a better option for you. the job opportunity and scope is god. to do M.Tech you have to appear in the GATE examination to take admission in good institution.

but if you don't like technical subject and now you want to study in management field then go for MBA. the salary scale is high for MBA than M.tech. if you want to study MBA then you have to appear in CAT/MAT these entrance examination. the B.Tech technical knowledge will be less required if you go for MBA.

now decide which one is better for you according to your interest.

best wishes.
20th December 2010, 03:48 PM
canitesh

Smile Re: What to do after B.Tech ECE : M.Tech or MBA?

Dear,
As per my point of view it is better to go MCA. because this area will provide you specialization in the particular field.
20th December 2010, 04:02 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: What to do after B.Tech ECE : M.Tech or MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan sakib View Post
Dear friend,
I think M.tech would be more suitable for you,because you are a techni9cal student...
20th December 2010, 04:06 PM
babydoll

Hi!
These are two different field for the master degree. The choice is totally dependent on you because if you want to do research or lecturership job then go for M.Tech and if you want to go for management field then MBA is better for you.
If you go for MBA degrees then after completion of the course you will get the smart salaries so better to go for MBA.
20th December 2010, 04:57 PM
bani_7

As MBA and M.TECH are two different fields you should see to it that which field interests tou more.
Both of the fields have high future. But specilization in one field is more helpful so M.Tech will be much helbful in your case.
So clear the M.TECH ENTRANCE EXAMINATION(GATE) and get admission to a good university.
All the best and good luck.
20th December 2010, 05:27 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

hi!

Both MBA & MTech offers bright career prospects with handsome pay package, high promotional prospects & an opportunity for career growth & advancement. You can choose either of the two depending up on your interest, skill, knowledge & your potential to excel in a particular field.

If you are interested in research & development & wants to work in engineering domain only then you should do MTech.

But if you are interested in management field & want to work in wide & varied field then you should opt for MBA for higher studies. MBA offers a no. of electives to choose from. You can choose any elective depending upon your interest.
20th December 2010, 06:24 PM
Ranu

hello friend ...
if you like your electronics related subject then M.Tech is a better option or if you want to go in business field then you should go for MBA. its totally depend on your interest.
20th December 2010, 06:26 PM
rahul kumar chaurasia

deped on the person doing B TECH, can go to M tech if he is strong in his area.
but if he want to chose another path like enter in the corporate area then it would be better for him to make himself prepare with good institution for cat/mat
20th December 2010, 08:20 PM
varmagaru007

hi iam doing ece final year and i am interested in mba telecom.pleaase tell me was it is an wise decission or not?
20th December 2010, 08:31 PM
jitendradagrt

MBA is best after B.Tech because MBA is a management course and there is a good scope in management field with good specialization
21st December 2010, 07:45 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
to do after B.Tech ECE : M.Tech or MBA
it depends on your interest only. If you are looking to grow in your technical field then you should definitely go for M Tech from a good institute like IITs or NITs.
If you are more interested in managerial work then you can go for MBA in IT and Systems management. It will help you to develop the managerial skills to manage project effectively.

good luck.....
21st December 2010, 07:17 PM
kailash420

You will have good knowledge and intrest in technical field than you will apply for M.tech or ME otherwise you will join mba field. No doubt both field are batter.
21st December 2010, 10:19 PM
bikenindia

hi,
according to my opinion, Go for MTech as you come from technical line so continue in technical line itself.
you can do MBA in later stage also....

All the best.
Thank you.
9th January 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

doing the mba course after btech opens more job portals so if u r much seeker for job then go for mba and if you want to gather more knowlege about ur b.tech field subject then go for m.tech
19th January 2011, 05:12 PM
mychandru024

its preferred to go for M.tech over M.B.A because you are in technical side. But if you are intereseted in management its better you go for M.B.A. It depends on your interest.....
28th January 2011, 04:18 PM
diego
Banned

well M.Tech is a higher qualification in the engineering field itself
while doing an MBA would take you in management domain.... the answer to your question lies within yourself, ask yourself what do you like more technology or maybe that you have better managerial skills... natural leaders generally are better managers, where you have to tackle demanding and urgent situation ;needless to say it is a high pressure world, ... going directly for MBA you wont have time for learning about basic management... so it is better you go for mba after workex... i.e. if you do not choose M.Tech
In m.tech you'll get engineering jobs... so make a best choice.
regards diego
29th April 2011, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

CLEAR ADVICE SHOULD BE GIVEN TO STUDENTS WITH SOME SUPPORTING DATA
30th April 2011, 02:38 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Cool Re: What to do after B.Tech ECE : M.Tech or MBA?

I think after B.Tech you should go with MBA..... it is a management course it helps you in your carrier and it is based on you that what you want to do if you want to be in technical field then you should go for M.Tech......
30th April 2011, 03:21 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What to do after B.Tech ECE : M.Tech or MBA?

I think you should go for MBA it is good course and you will get high salary after it,........
12th May 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

which is the best salary option M.TECH OR MBA after b.tech ECE?
15th May 2011, 07:30 PM
ashishshekhar

Hi dear,
It is a question that have confused alomst every B.E/B.Tech holders going for higher studies.

I suggest you to compare them(M.TECH/MBA)interms of your interests, flair for your discipline, your responsibilities and Job opportunities for both degrees in the long run.

If you are passionated and interested more in your engineering discipline/specialization and want to have a career in your core discipline, M.Tech will be the better option.
The core companies in your chosen field of specialization would definitely give more chance for M.Tech holders,it being the higher qualification than B.Tech. It will also help you to make a career in the Research field like pursuing a PhD.

Whereas,MBA is completely different subject that demands more of leadership Qualities, Business and Management aptitude and an exemplary vocabulary skills. If you are interested in management which has nothing to do with your field of specialization, MBA would be a good option for you.
But getting an MBA degree form a reputed college will only help you and it will require little more effort to prepare for entrances.

So,take a decision after considering various aspects like your interests, your skills, the time that you can give for preparation.
Thanks
2nd June 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

What is the salary effet between b.tech and b.tech mba
5th July 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

i am final year ece student tell which one is the best whether mba or mtech?i am good at my communication skills...
5th July 2011, 10:15 PM
chauhan99

hi dear,

thanks
18th July 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

what is the starting salary for m-tech ece engineer in govt jobs?
31st July 2011, 10:47 AM
brijeshgzp123

Hi dear,

If you are passionated and inter

First of all set your priorities whether you want to work in the field which you have known from past four years and have good knowledge about it or you want to enter in b world,choice is yours....but my friend MBA is such a field which can help you to reach at the top and achieve whatever you have always dreamt of and as far as salary is concerned you will earn huge huge money.....now comes mtech,
15th August 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

i have completed btech in ece wid 58.8% from jntu. i would like to do mtech in ece but unable to decide which group to take nd i have written pgecet but not gate. in pgecet my rank is 3985 so plz suggst in which coll can i get my admn.
15th August 2011, 09:08 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

Thanks
15th August 2011, 09:49 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

Thanks
15th August 2011, 11:43 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: What to do after B.Tech ECE : M.Tech or MBA?

That depends totally on your interest. If you are interested in entering into engineering career you can do M.tech or if your interested in entering into the management field you can do MBA.
22nd January 2012, 04:58 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan sakib View Post
Hi,

It entirely depends on your interest.

Both are good choices in future they will have great demand.

If you are interested to become professor you go with m.tech through Gate.

Otherwise MBA is also well and good one.

All the very best..........
31st January 2012, 10:00 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

There are many streams availble in MBA.
You can go for Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations management, Supply chain management, Logistics, Human resources, Information technology.
You can for Sales or Marketing . A MBA in these branches can land you a highly paid job.
However select the branch based on your interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?