3rd May 2010, 01:06 AM
sandeshsaxena

What do scientists do? How can I become one?

what is the work of scientists. How can i will become scientists?

3rd May 2010, 07:07 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What do scientists do? How can I become one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeshsaxena View Post
Nice but typical question to answer.

Inovation and Inventions are the key factors for running the world today.This Inovations and inventions are carried out by Scientists.Scientists are also linked with "Politics".Politicians feel the need of developing Missile for defending the country, Scientists are appointed Dr.Kalam had carried out research works in Labs,onsites etc. and developed "Brahmos" series cruise missiles.

But here we should remember that niether science nor scientist are work or money dependent.If scientist would be wage slaves or order exceptor then Newton- would never formulates "Laws of Motion", Aryabhatta would never formulate some mathematical constants like PIE and so on.

So, we can say the major work of a scientist is to carring out research in various field, and develop the more Advantageous things (Inventions) for making human life for comfortable.

So, a scienctists works are mainly depend upon Research factors, which involves carring out research in there respective field, Lab works, Onshore, Offshore, Onsite works, testing, applying etc.

But getting scientist designation is not child play, you must qualities like Inovations, Conception etc.Acquiring P.hd degree is not enough for becoming scientist.

First of all find your area of interest,persue P.hd in that subject, get into some organisations or NGO or Institution carry research work there made a remarkable observation or Inovation or Invention or Application.

Remember Newton never studied for becomeing scientist nor he persued P.hd for inventing (Laws of Motion).He formulated his theory and laws of Motion when he was B.sc student, but he put forward this theory much later.

For becoming scientist Inventing something is not neccessary one can become scientist even working as a researcher in Labs and making some remarkable thing.

I have seen Md.Jamaluddin he was one of SET topper of West Bengal acquired P.hd (Physics) he belongs from very poor family and even after getting research offer from Russia He is teaching as a Physics Labs teacher (class-11&12) at Alia University.There one day he "Lited up a Small Bulb From a Potato" and then what he get sponsership from Government for carring research, now he is one of the Researcher at Newton's Laws of Motion and still there at AU.

So, the thing I want to make you understand is that no one can make you scientist, you have to search for it in yourself.

Best of Luck
3rd May 2010, 10:56 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
It usually depends the research topic they are indulged say for example: if they try to discover new drug for AIDS they must know the currently available drugs and he has to research the same and must innovately search some new trends in the same drug (ie) he must try to reduce the side-effects of the same drug or else he must try to give new ways of administration of the same drug. if u need to be a scientist, u must try to do Ph.D in any of streams u are interested
17th May 2010, 12:47 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

hiiiiiiiiiii,
for becoming a scientist you have to give a exam of the isro after 12th class with non-medical................
15th June 2010, 12:32 PM
pinnache

UGC, university grants commission takes students on the basis of NET results for its various posts in varsities.
They have a series of subjects from arts to psychology.
8th July 2010, 01:36 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Scientists find new ways of doing things, put forward theories, bring out new observations, proving hypothesis and so on. Anyone can become a scientist whose major subjects Physics, Chemistry or Biology or even social science. It depends on the field one chooses.For eg: for a rocket scientist Chemistry, Computer Science are the main subjects. Consumer Scientists help companies in detecting their problems. He should be well versed with consumer science.
12th July 2010, 05:25 PM
Dkiran

hi friend,scientists are those persons who think differently than normal persons.for example i think you have watched "three idiots" film,in which Aamir Khan do things differently.those type of thinking make them different.

if you want to become scintist,you need to do some researches on your interested subject and find some thing which is not known to the world.
All The Best.
14th July 2010, 07:29 PM
drdo99
Banned

one who investigates science,is a scientist.
very fine,you are beginner scientist too,by asking this question too.
there are lots of scope primarily from enterprising core fields to r & d cell in it.
join organizations like
1.isro
2.nasa
3.udat,russia
4.isat
14th July 2010, 07:41 PM
drdo99
Banned

one who investigates science,is a scientist.
very fine,you are beginner scientist too,by asking this question too.
there are lots of scope primarily from enterprising core fields to r & d cell in it.
join organizations like
1.isro
2.nasa
3.udat,russia
4.isat
15th July 2010, 07:06 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

science is nothing but logic.it does not accept without logic.the moto of scientist is to discover some new or some thing different.

you can all so be an scientist.for be a scientist you have read science.and you have to do higher study.and you have to invent some thing different....

best of luck.........
16th July 2010, 09:47 PM
samratguha

hi friend.
scientists do research works on anything and modifying it accordingly to the latest technologies.they are not inventors.. they give thesis on any subject.so to become a good scientists you have love the world of science.
16th July 2010, 09:50 PM
samratguha

hi friend.
scientists do research works on anything and modifying it accordingly to the latest technologies.they are not inventors.. they give thesis on any subject.so to become a good scientists you have love the world of science.
27th January 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

What is ECE ?Tell me about this clearly.
27th January 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

What is ECE?Tell me about Clearly.
25th October 2011, 06:09 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hiii friend...here i can help you...
to become a scientist you should think innovatively and differently...........you should have some natural intelligence..........scientists concentrate on every thing in molecular level..........if you have above qualities you can become a scientist..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?