18th November 2010, 08:14 PM
NIDHI AGARWAL

What to do to take up Hotel Management as a career?

hey,i am in class 10 right now.i want to take up hotel management as my carrier,so what should i take up after 10..commerce or arts..please help.

Related Questions:
22nd November 2010, 07:27 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do to take up Hotel Management as a career?

Hey Nidhi,
It will not matter that what you choose either commerce or arts as the minimum eligibility is a 12th pass certificate for the entrance exam of Hotel management.But you must be physical fit as it is also compulsory for the students.The details are as under-
Minimum qualification for admission is a pass certificate in the final examination of 10+2 system or its equivalent. You must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination. Those appearing in 10+2 final or equivalent examination can also appear in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for being considered on the provisional basis.
The list of Qualifying Examination is given below:

1. Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary examination of any recognised Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi and Council for India School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
2, Intermediate or two-year Pre University Examination conducted by a recognised Board/University.
Physical Fitness for Hotel Management Course:
All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate form a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format given in the Information Brochure of the Council. Admission at the allotted Institute will be granted only if you are declared physically fit for pursuing the course of study.
15th December 2010, 04:34 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What to do to take up Hotel Management as a career?

hello friend

your interest towards hotel management is appreciable

you can join in any one of the hotel management college after your 12th

in 12th you can take up commerce so that it will be helpful further in the hotel management course

all the best

!~aditya~
17th December 2010, 05:52 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: What to do to take up Hotel Management as a career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIDHI AGARWAL View Post
hey,i am in class 10 right now.i want to take up hotel management as my carrier,so what should i take up after 10..commerce or arts..please help.
Dear friend,
i think commerce willbe more efficient than arts,but its not matter,after 12th just go and take admission on a good college,after that join in some wgere for job...
8th January 2011, 07:15 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

hello friend,its better you take up arts if you choose hotel management as your course for further studies and since it seems that you are very much interested in doing this course,it will be easy for you to take this course and will be able to do well...therefore best of luck..
15th January 2011, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

ive injured my one eye...with partial blindness.can i still take up hotel management???
1st February 2011, 06:40 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

hi NIDHI,
its good to hear that you are quite concern about your career and have decided what to do in future.Its appreciable to have aims for future so that you will work hard accordingly to it and when it comes to taking what course to be taken after your 10th standard then there is nothing to choose between commerce or arts.Both courses are equally recommended for you to take up and the most is your interest of subject you like.Both the courses are equally eligible for opting hotel management.Therefore don't worry you can make it and work hard accordingly to your goals.
best of luck.
1st February 2011, 06:53 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIDHI AGARWAL View Post
Hello,

You can take any stream either its science or commerce or arts. Because students of any stream can do hotel management. If you are poor in science then i would advice you to go for arts stream since it is much easier when compared to science or commerce.

Good luck
5th February 2011, 01:22 AM
Ankur agrawal

doesn't matter what do u take to read but if u take commerce know how to create business but not req. for the particular course........
8th February 2011, 07:27 AM
Unregistered

After complet my bbm i wanna do a mba in hospitality management pls tell me the scope of hospitality management and it was best for career option in india
9th February 2011, 05:29 PM
Sachin Narayan

commerce will be the right choice as this industry is completely commercial.
By possessing commerce you will be much aware of the industry and working and will be able to handle the things with agility.

Rest you can persue Hotel Management either with arts or commerce it depends on your interest.
15th February 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends i am confuse can any one tell me if i do graduation alongwith hotelmanagement is any problem
11th March 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I passed 10th and failed 2pu but i wanna too study hotel management after 10th is it possible to do hotel management course after 10th
4th April 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

hi ;
dis is shivi i hv just compeleted class 10th and waiting f4 my result ?
but im little bit confused btw two streams MASS COMMUNICATION AND HOTEL MANEGMENT i just wanna ask u dat vich of dis is better stream spiecally f4 girls (i mean savfer f4 girls ) and wat subjects to take further?
12th April 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

What are the pros and cons of taking hotel management as a career?
13th May 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

after 10 i wnt to do a hotel managemanet
27th May 2011, 04:51 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

after 10th class you can take the science stream or the commerce stream if you want to do the hotel management courses and then you have to score a minimum of the 55% of the marks for the eligibility of the hotel management courses

various Institutes Offering hotel management courses:::

Several institutes offer Hotel Management courses in the country. Some names are given below. State Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Tiruchirapalli; Delhi Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi; Government Institute of Hotel management and Catering, Dehra Dun and Almora; Maharashtra State Institutes of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Pune and Nagpur; Institute of Hotel management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Gangtok; Indian institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad; Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Management, Manipal.

you have to give the entrance exam of these colleges to get admission
19th June 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

i am in 11 now....and i do want to take up tourism and hospitality management after 12 .....can i do this by taking commerce as my stream in 2.....and if yes then can anyone give me the names of the best colleges regarding this and how to contact this institutionss plzzzzzzzzzz
28th June 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

That is best to do hotel management after s.s.c.
29th June 2011, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

i have done engineering...i scored 50% of marks...but i have interest in cooking can u please tell me details of colleges and course in hotel managment ......am i eligible to do this course.....and how many years for the course it will be do i want to give any enterance test for joining if yes can u please sujest the books to refer
4th November 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Hii,
this is Harshit from Mumbai,19yrs
I am studying 2nd year B.com,can i do Hotel Management?
can u tell me all proper detail step by step,eg:any enterance exams,then what 2 do and more in detail
Pls help me...
4th November 2011, 08:04 PM
dravid999

hi dear,

in 12th you can take up commerce so that it will be helpful further in the hotel management course

thanks
5th November 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Can students passed from open school do hotel management?
7th November 2011, 11:34 AM
samspat

hi sir

all the best
21st May 2012, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

HI...My name is Basit
i am student of 12th in technical training institute-DIU..
this is my last year so i have interest in hotel management ..
so i kindly want a help ..
plz help me which college i have to join?
plz help me...
12th July 2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

i am complete my graduation and i am interested to join master degree in hotel management and tourism plz friend give me some idea about hotel management and tourism.
3rd October 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

what exams should i pass so as to get admission in hotel management colleges??
28th December 2012, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

what is meant by physical fitness
24th January 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

hii.. i'm persuing 12th wd art's from an open school. and i'm vry mch intrstd to do hotel management. so cn u plz help me and tell me each and every prosigure step by step dt what shud I do to make a bright carrier in hotel management. plz help me and clear out my all doubts by giving me a brief description....
13th April 2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

I'm really interested in doing hotel management.. i'm average in studies.. can I still do it....? If yes wats the cut off % to take up hotel management...?
21st November 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Presently I m doing bsc nursing ...bt I didn't lyk it so I wnt to go for hotel management.?? Can u suggest me hotel management is goodor bsc nursing
20th March 2014, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

hey friends i am wearing spax with normal power then i do hotel mamangement or not
21st January 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

i m in class 12th i wanna apply for hm what should i do... i don't know anything about hotel management... can any 1 guide me... i m texting my fb id plz guide me... https://www.facebook.com/rishabh.cool.31
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?