5th January 2013, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a student of B.Tech Biotechnology

sir i am student of B.Tech (biotechnology) can i give the exam of ies in my papper .

5th January 2013, 08:00 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a student of B.Tech Biotechnology

IES - Indian Engineering Service conducted by UPSC once every year for appointment of young engineers in the top technical post under different Dept. of Central Govt.

Eligibility of IES:-

-The candidate must be an Indian national
-Should have either appeared for the final B.Tech. Engineering Degree or passed from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate aspiring for IES should have to write in any of the branch from Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Electronics & Telecommunication.

Hence as a B.Tech. Graduate in Biotechnology, you can appear for IES but have to write in any of the branch mentioned above.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th January 2013, 09:03 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a student of B.Tech Biotechnology

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year for apportionment of top technical persons in the Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics & Telecommunication engineering Dept. under Central Govt.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech.Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation fro reserved candidate.

As a student of B.Tech. Biotechnology, after completion of which you can apply for IES, but you should have to write in the exam any of the branches from Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gopv.in
5th January 2013, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am student of B.Tech (biotechnology) can i give the exam of ies in my papper .

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

The eligible Engineering streams are given below -

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

You are from Bio Technology department so you are not eligible for IES Exam .

The applicant age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

For more information , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
5th January 2013, 12:56 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

IES that is Indian Engineering services entrance examination is designed for recruitment of Engineers in Government services. It is conducted once every year by UPSC. The notifications are published in major newspaper and employment news in January/ February & examination is conducted in June/ July every year.

Educational Qualification:
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Communication Engineering/ Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/ Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical or Bachelor of engineering in Computer

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments, you are eligible for IES examination:
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering

Msc degree equivalent with wireless communication, electronics, radio physics or radio engineering are applicable for IES examination.

Nationality: A candidate must be either a citizen of India/ a subject of Nepal/ a subject of Bhutan/ a Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Age Limits:
1. A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.
2. Up to maximum of five(5) years if a candidate belongs to a SC/ST
3. Up to maximum of three(3) years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes/ OBC.

Number of attempts:
1. General candidates: four(4) attempts.
2. SC/ST candidates: No restriction and Other Backward Classes/OBC: seven(7) attempts.
5th January 2013, 12:56 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a student of B.Tech Biotechnology

Quote:

Eligibility For IES

The Engineering Services Exam is conducted by the UPSC every year..

Candidates applying for the exam must comply with the following conditions :-

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years, 21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST..

>> Candidate must have completed his/her B.E/B.Tech in any of the following streams :-
> Mechanical engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Electronics and Communications Engineering
>> Civil Engineering

I am really sorry but Biotech students are not eligible to apply for this exam..

You can however apply for IAS or GATE Exams if you wish to..

You can also verify this information by visiting http://upsc.gov.in

all the best for your future

With Warm Regards
Nitz
5th January 2013, 02:13 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IES exam because your branch is Biotechnology and only few branch candidate are eligible for this exam and that is

Mechanical
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

Eligibility Criteria for IES
Should be completed degree or diploma in engineering & technology (branch detail is given above)

Age Limit

General 21 to 30 year
OBC 21 to 33 year
SC/ST 21 to 35 year

Nationality- must be Indian
5th January 2013, 02:33 PM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear ies exam is conducted every year by the upsc.it is conducted for the recruitment of various engineering students in the government sector.
But sorry to say that you are not eligible for ies exam.as only four branches are eligible for ies exam.
Four branches are as follows.
Civil engineering
electrical engineering
mechanical engineering
electronics and communication engineering
best of luck
5th January 2013, 04:45 PM
amahajan

Quote:
Minimum Educational Qualification:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have—

(a) obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or

(b) passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or

(c) obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or

(d) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or

(e) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

(f) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group 'A' in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-

M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

Sorry dear.. you are not eligible for appearing for IES Exam.
5th January 2013, 08:21 PM
beheras

HI,

There are some eligibility for IES entrance exam------------------

1.The candidate must be appeared for the final B.Tech. Engineering Degree or passed from a recognised University
2.A candidate must be a citizen of India
3.Your age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs
4.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Hope the information helps you,
all the best..............
5th January 2013, 10:05 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

IES exams is conducted by UPSC every year.
Recruitments are made to 4 categories through the IES exams.
Categories to which recruitments are made are :
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering

Eligibility For ESE :

Age limit :

General Category-21-30yrs on 1st August of year of exam
OBC-21-33yrs
SC/ST-21-35yrs

Educational Qualification :

A Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Equivalent.
Final year appearing or appeared candidates can also apply on provision.

Since you are a B.tech graduate you can also apply for IES exams.
But you have to appear in the papers of the above 4 categories
to which recruitments are made.

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
To apply online visit www.upsconline.nic.in

Engineering Services Exam Notifictaion-16.03.2013
Last Date of Applications-15.04.2013
Engineering Services Exam-28.06.2013
5th January 2013, 11:47 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Services exam.

First of all, I would like to tell you sorry that a biotech student cannot eligible for this examination.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts this examination every year in four categories are mentioned as below:-

* Mechanical engineering.

* Electrical engineering.

* Civil engineering.

* Electronics and telecommunication engineering.

The eligibility criteria required for this examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of B.E/B.Tech in any stream from any recognised board.

* Age limit- 21-30 for general, 21-33 for OBC and 21-35 for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
6th January 2013, 08:36 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services.

The IES Exam is taken by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

The Qualifications that you require for this exam are :

* you must have completed your B.Tech/B.E. in any of the following streams :

a) Civil Engineering

b) Electronics & Electrical Engineering

c) Electronics & Communication Engineering

d) Mechanical Engineering

* your age must lie in between 21-30 years.

* Relaxation in age is also given to Reserved Category Candidates as per the Govt. Rules.

Now as your are currently pursuing B.Tech in Biotechnology , then you are not eligible for the IES Exam.

this is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
16th April 2013, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

B.tech engineering physics student can give UPSC IES exam in mechanical engineering
30th November 2013, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

can a msc tech student apply for IES?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?