22nd July 2012, 06:11 PM
VBHUVANESWARI

What are the job opportunities in IAF after doing Aeronautical Engineering?

im doing my AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING. i want to know the job oppurtunities in IAF.being a women will i have a successful career i this field

Related Questions:
  1. Which exams do I have to give to become an Aeronautical Engineering? Job opportunities in Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  2. What are the job opportunities in Aeronautical Companies after studying Aeronautical Engineering?
  3. How can I apply for Job Opportunities being a candidate of pursuing Bachelor in Aeronautical Engineering? Can I get Job before completion of my course?
  4. What's the eligibility criteria to join IAF after completion B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering?
  5. Which are the best Aeronautical Engineering colleges in AP? How are the opportunities for girls in Aeronautical Engineering?
  6. Any job opportunities after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  7. Opportunities for aeronautical engineering graduates in private and public sector in india?
  8. Job opportunities for Aeronautical Engineer? Where to apply and requirements for job? -- [New]
  9. How to apply for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering? Opportunities after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  10. What are the opportunities for girls in Aeronautical engineering? Is there an entrance exam?
  11. How can i Join IAF as an officer? Where to get the application form to join IAF?
  12. Top colleges for Aeronautical Engineering for girls? Job opportunities after Aeronautical Engineering?
  13. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I join in IAF while pursuing diploma in aeronautical engineering?
  15. Colleges in India for Aeronatical Engineering course? Job opportunities in Aeronautical Engineering?
  16. Which course is better between Aeronautical Engineering and Avionics Engineering in terms of status, remuneration and Job Opportunities?
  17. Complete procedure of entry in IAF while doing Aeronautical Engineering(Mechanical Aeronautical Engineering)?
  18. How to study for Aeronautics or Pilot?
8th September 2012, 10:34 PM
nagaraj g m

Default Re: What are the job opportunities in IAF after doing Aeronautical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHUVANESWARI View Post
im doing my AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING. i want to know the job oppurtunities in IAF.being a women will i have a successful career i this field
dear friend,
yes offcourse, there are many job oppertunities in IAF,
like flying officer,squadan leader,etc. and you can get
higher post by writing exam also....many womens are working
in IAF now,and you will be,100% i will say you have best
career in this........ do well,work hard.............
all the best to your future.

thank you
9th September 2012, 09:44 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the job opportunities in IAF after doing Aeronautical Engineering?

After completing the Aeronautical Engineering course, you can apply for the Enginering jobs in technical branch of Indian Air Force. You should prepare for the Air Force Aeronautical Engineering Exam conducted every year by the Indian Air Force.

The Aeronautical Engineering has been divided into two branches:

Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical)

Aeronautical Engineering (Electrical)

You would be eligible for the Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical) branch since you have B.Tech degree in Aeronautical. The job of this branch is to keep the fighter jets of the Indian Air Force operational ready. What this means is that you would be responsible for the aircraft and its weapon system. Your job would include preventive maintenance aod servicing of the aircraft used by the Indian Air Force.

IAF Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical) Exams Eligibility Criteria

>> Candidate should be Indian citizen.

>> Age should be 18 to 28 years.

>> You should not be married at the time of applying. This rule applies to both genders.

>> A B.Tech/B.E. degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Production/Industrial

>> Must have passed B.Tech course in first division.

>> A valid GATE Score is also required.

Admission Procedure

The admission procedure for the IAF Aeronautical Engineering is quite tricky:

• Written Examination
• Physical Fitness Test
• Interview
• Conduct of Medical Examination
• Preparing All India Select List
• Undertaking Enrollment

Written Test:

There would be written tests for subjects like English, Maths and Physics. However the candidate would first require to pass the English written test to appear in other two tests.

Physical Fitness Test:

Those who would clear the written test would require to pass the Physical Fitness Test. In this test you would require to run 1.6 KM in less than 8 minutes.

Interview:

All the candidates who will pass the physical test would be called for Interview.

Conduct of Medical Examination:

After the interview process is completed, candidate would be sent for medical examination which would be conducted by the Medical Officer of the Armed Forces.

Preparing Select List:

After clearing all these examinations your name would feature in the list of selected candidate. Such candidates would receive a call letter to report to the Airmen Selection Center for enrollment.

Undertaking Enrollment:

The candidates who received call letter would be sent to Airmen Training School, Sambra (Belgaum) for 26 weeks of Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT). The last step of the traning would be to appear in Trade Aptitude Test (TAT).

Depending on the performance of the candidate in JBPT and TAT he/she would be assigned a trade. Then the candidate would be sent to traning center for its trade for further training.

After passing all the tests candidate would have to appear for the Officer Like Qualities’ (OLQ) Tests.
9th September 2012, 12:10 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What are the job opportunities in IAF after doing Aeronautical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHUVANESWARI View Post

IAF Stands for Indian Air Force
this exam is Conducted for joining Indian Army

>> After completing your Graduation Degree in Aeronautical Branch you are eligible for joining Indian Air Force.....

>> There are many job Opportunity for IAF.

FACE THE CHALLENGE BE AN AIR WARRIOR

You can get Different jobs in Flying Branch, Aeronautical Engineering Branch and Ground Duty.
your jobs is related to jets and jets engine, weapons, Other Machinery.......

YOU ARE WHERE THE ACTION IS

Qualification For IAF:

A candidate should have completed their Graduation Degree in Engineering Branch from Recognized Universities. Final Year student may also Applicable for this.

Age Should be between 21-30 years, there is some Relaxation Available for Reserved Category.

You can Visit at : http://careerairforce.nic.in/ for more information.......

With Regards....
Dharm27
22nd October 2012, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

what is the necessary gate score required for applying in IAF?
30th November 2012, 07:59 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

It has a good scope of going for higher studies and getting in to private and government organizations.
You can get in to,
Defense.
Air India.
Public and Private Air Lines.
Sahara Air Lines.
Pilot and more Opportunities in abroad.

jobs for Aeronautical Engineering

Airport Authority of Indian Ltd

NASA

BARC

SAIL

NTPC

BHEL

ONGC

IOCL

HPCL

BPCL

Radio Telephony Restricted Aeronautical

You can expect minimum of Rs. 30,000 per month and increases after gaining experience.
10th June 2015, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

I am studying aeronautical engineering,i am very intrested in joining IAF but i wear spex if there any problem in joining IAF
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?