13th November 2010, 08:10 PM
priyankah380

What Jobs are available after B.Tech with 63% in 12th?

i have 68.13 % in 10th n 63 % in +2, n 58.54 %in btech, i m a passout so kindly can u suggest me the company's were i can apply.
i m doing diploma in .net in NIIT at present.

13th November 2010, 10:14 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What Jobs are available after B.Tech with 63% in 12th?

hiiiiiiiii priyanka
congrats for your degree in engineering.......and coming to company's selection they mostly consider b.tech with 60% and even 12 th and 10th too.AND you have it for you 12th,10th but little less in b.tech but not to worry as you are doing diploma in NIIT you will get lot of opportunity through NIIT campus only so no need to worry.
ALL THE BEST. and when you get placed kindly post us
so that we will feel happy for you.
Regards
~~
13th November 2010, 11:23 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hi,,

U can easily go for walk-in interview for the software companies which don't consider 60% career..
Some good companies are Wipro,Tech-Mahindra etc.

Good luck
14th November 2010, 09:37 AM
malini k

Dear friend,
You can easily get jobs in companies which do not consider the 60% cut-off marks
You can also get jobs through NIIT also
You can go for entrepreneurship also i.e. try some thing new in the field and establish your own company
Don't be a job seeker ,be a job provider
Or better option is to go for higher studies like MBA, M TECH etc
Good luck friend
14th November 2010, 11:45 AM
Vikram Naik

Smile Re: What Jobs are available after B.Tech with 63% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyankah380 View Post
i have 68.13 % in 10th n 63 % in +2, n 58.54 %in btech, i m a passout so kindly can u suggest me the company's were i can apply.
Hi priyanka...
Here depends on what cource you have taken in btech.. If software then there are many companies where you can join by undergoing interviews like Infosys, wipro, TCS, HCL tecnologies, patni computer system, i-flex solutions.
You can even opt for small companies... find out in the internet for those and it would be easy for freshers.
There are lots of companies which come to college, you can try to enter any college which has ur brand of company coming for placement and just get in without hesitation and fear.
14th November 2010, 01:47 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: What Jobs are available after B.Tech with 63% in 12th?

dear friend,

As per your marks in all standards i would like to inform you that as you have no aggregate marks of 60% so some well known companies will not get you a chance for recruitment, some of these companies are:
IBM,TCS,Infosys,Accenture,CTS etc.

But you can try in other companies like Wipro,Tech Mahindra & a lot.

And it is better for you to enroll your resume to the job alert websites like:
www.naukri.com
www.freshersworld.com
www.timesjobs.com etc

These websites alert you the companies requirement as per your qualifications.

& go to the walking interview in the companies.

good luck.
14th November 2010, 03:37 PM
tirthak04

there are many career opportunities that you can look forward to even with a 63%... there are walk-in interviews conducted by WIPRO, HCL, COMPAQ... and yoo can even apply for M.tech if you want to do research in your field. good luck
14th November 2010, 04:10 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

today most of good companies needs at least 60% in your 12th and b.tech .but you have got less than 60% in your b.tech due to which you will definitely face problems in future .you will not be able to apply for the companies like -infosys and wipro .

but dont worry you are doing .net from NIIT which offers placements to its students . just focus on your studies and try to strengthen your .net. you will surely get job through NIIT.
but in case it doesn't happen then also don't worry you can still apply for the job in companies which do not need any percentage restriction . good luck
14th November 2010, 07:24 PM
Sneha1247

Hi!!!!
Don't you worry, you have better marks in 10th and 12th and less in B.Tech actually writenow IT Professional are needed in software companies but they are not getting targeted professionals. If you have good skills and talent than there is no need to worry and also you are learning .net from NIIT thats really good for your career cause writenow .not and linux professionals are really needed so give all your efforts so that you can make a better future.
These are some websites to log on and post your resume and profile:
www.naukri.com
www.shine.com
www.indeedjobs.in
www.freshersone.com

after posting resume you will find job offers on your mail
with best wishes!!!!
14th November 2010, 09:09 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
it depends on the branch from which you have don your engineering,
like if you have don your graduation from civil then you can easily get job just if you have cleared your subjects were as if you are from software field then it would be really tough for you to get job,
in that case i think you should think of changing your field,like going to management or some thing of that kind
all the best
14th November 2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

sir, but i want apply off campus, so kindly name me the company's which i can apply through.
15th November 2010, 07:08 AM
neethubobby

hi
for off campus you first have to register with the company website.
you can go in for Wipro,Cognizant,hcl etc
for cognizant pls register with www.careers.cognizant.com
15th November 2010, 11:20 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
There are good opportunities after btech, even though you might miss out some opportunities in govt sector and some MNCs because most of them ask for 60%.Companies like Infosys,CTS,Wipro etc go for 60% but as you will have an added advantage in the form of NIIT ,the course you are pursuing from.There might be options even in this companies.

There are lots of walk-in interviews being conducted every now and then,you can attend it,which you can check in various job portals like Naukri.com,freshersworld.com,careerage.com etc.
15th November 2010, 09:22 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyankah380 View Post
So many companies are there who are taking students 55% in aggregate.So do not worry.wait for advertishment.
1st December 2010, 11:12 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
try for offcampus ..for off campus you first have to register with the company website.
cts,cognizant,accenture,..

good luck
7th December 2010, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

hi guys...
am studying btech final year... am now with percentage of 62%... and my 10th and 12th percentages are 85% and 89%...
am i eligible for campus placements... can u guys please say me the general cut off for attending interviews...
thanking u ppl...

chinni
8th December 2010, 06:14 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello priyanka

your track record is ok

but subject knowledge only determines your job and position in the market so increase your subject knowledge and general skill which you are doing now apply for all the top mnc's and also try to do your masters then you'll have better chances than now

and also try all the exams like IES BSNL ECIL etc. all the top govt sectors are looking best stuff in the market

all the best

~aditya~
11th December 2010, 02:27 PM
Swaminathan077

dear,

since you have more than 60% in 12 than you can have good opportunities

in many companies like:

hcl
wipro
tcs
and many more...................

these mainly focuses on your technical knowledge if you are good then you can grab a position in them

good day
3rd January 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 79.33% in 10th,84.17% in 2 .Engineering aggregate of 60%(F.E.,S.E.,T.E.) with not even a single backlog but an unfortunate gap of 5yrs between third year and final year B.E...hence not eligible for companies with criteria of no gap...wer do i apply?now in final year of E&TC
24th January 2011, 06:34 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
visit the link -
www.naukri.com
www.freshersworld.com
www.timesjobs.com
Thanks.
7th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

yes i have a query regards In ssc i got 55% and other acadamic qualifications like (Intermediate,BBM&MBA) i got 60% above but i am not eligible for work in wipro, TCS and Infosys because their requirment is 60% must in acadamic qualification.why this type of companies prefer
60% in all acadamic qualifications? Any alternative is their to enter into this type companies and face an interview and get a job.
14th March 2011, 07:52 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes i have a query regards In ssc i got 55% and other acadamic qualifications like (Intermediate,BBM&MBA) i got 60% above but i am not eligible for work in wipro, TCS and Infosys because their requirment is 60% must in acadamic qualification.why this type of companies prefer
60% in all acadamic qualifications? Any alternative is their to enter into this type companies and face an interview and get a job.
hello friend...

Am sorry,it is very hard to take when they have 60 % as eligibility for campus palcements... there is no other way for a FRESHER to get inside TCS and Infosys other than campus placements... but you dont have to worry there are many small companies which offer job for students based on performance and not with marks so try to get inside those companies work for sometime and gain some good experience... then you can jump into TCS or Infosys with the experience in hand.... so cheer up work hard and am sure you will shine in your future...

If you want to check soem interview and walk-ins in small companies CLICK HERE...

All the Best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?