15th August 2019, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age criteria to join Indian Army as a Soldier?

My date of birth is 3rd June, 1996. Am I eligible to join Indian Army as a Soldier? What about Commando? What is the difference between a Soldier and a Commando?

19th August 2019, 11:51 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria to join Indian Army as a Soldier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My date of birth is 3rd June, 1996. Am I eligible to join Indian Army as a Soldier? What about Commando? What is the difference between a Soldier and a Commando?
Minimum age criteria to join Indian Army is 16.5 years to 19 years. Since, your DOB is 3rd June, 1996, so your age is around 23 years. Hence, you can join Indian Army through CDS Exam. To appear for CDS exam, you should have completed graduation in any stream.
Soldier and Commando are two different things. Soldier is a person who is serving his/her nation or motherland. While Commandos are also soldier but they are assigned some special task that only they can perform. They have better skills and equipment with them to tackle problem.
Note that every commando is a soldier but every soldier is not a commando.
20th August 2019, 07:39 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required to join Indian Army as a Solider is 16.5 years and you shouldn’t be more than 19.5 years of age.

You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board to be eligible to apply for UPSC NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
22nd August 2019, 01:44 AM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for Soldier GD post. After selecting as a soldier , the Indian Army will shortlist candidates for para commando. The shortlisted candidates will have to complete a tough physical and mental training. Commandos get a chance of operation to kill militants whether a soldier may not have the chance. And also commandos are selected for para gliding, parachute jumping etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?