16th August 2019, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear for Defence exam after BBA?

My daughter is studying in BBA and she wants to join Defence. Is it possible? Please let me know. I read about CDS exam. And for this year she took admission commutative class after completing her study can she give exam?

21st August 2019, 06:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear for Defence exam after BBA?

Yes, she can appear for the CDS. CDS is conducted twice in a year by UPSC.

The examination is conducted for recruitment as an officer in IAF, IMA, INA and OTA.

She is eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in IMA or OTA.

The age limit is 19-25 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages. The two stages are :- Written and SSB.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
21st August 2019, 07:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CDS is Combined Defence Service. It is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for selection in defence service as an officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 19-24 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages. Compulsory to qualify in each stage for final selection.

For syllabus and other information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd August 2019, 01:48 AM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Yes you daughter will be eligible for CDS examination after completion of graduation. But her age must be below 23 years while she will have applied for the examination. This is the only way for your daughter to join defence.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?