23rd October 2016, 04:21 PM
tapankumarr

What is the procedure and eligibility criteria required to join technical soldier in Indian Army?

Respected Sir/Mam,

Sir my age 22 I have completed diploma in mechanical engg branch. Now b-tech in 7 semi continue. I am interest join technical solider in Indian army.
Plz ans sir? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon on this as I am not sure about the steps currently.

7th November 2016, 08:18 PM
rajneesh kumar18212

Default Re: What is the procedure and eligibility criteria required to join technical soldier in Indian Army?

You are in the final year of engineering.
Then you can join the Indian Army through the University Entry Schemes.

You can also join the Indian Army Through the Combined Defense Services Exam.
8th November 2016, 05:52 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Default Re: What is the procedure and eligibility criteria required to join technical soldier in Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapankumarr View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

Sir my age 22 I have completed diploma in mechanical engg branch. Now b-tech in 7 semi continue. I am interest join technical solider in Indian army.
Plz ans sir? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon on this as I am not sure about the steps currently.
You can enter in Indian Army through NDA, CDS, UES, SSC schemes.

1) NDA (National Defense Academy):- For the NDA exam candidate must have minimum qualification of intermediate with any branch. For Indian Navy and Air force jobs candidate must have passed his intermediate with science subjects. Minimum age for the NDA exam is 16.5 years and the maximum age for the exam is 19.5 years. Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal. Only unmarried Candidates are eligible.

2) CDS (Combined Defense Service):- For the CDS exam candidate must have complete his graduation or bachelor's degree course. The age limit for the exam is from 18 to 23 years. Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal. And only unmarried candidates are eligible.

3) UES (University Entry Scheme):- In this mode the Army Selectors visit your campus and final year students are eligible for this scheme. They will take an interview round and select some candidates for the 5 day training round from all over the college from India. In this scheme the age limit is from 18 years to 23 years. And the candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal. The Selected Candidate will get a Lieutenant rank.

4) SSC (Short Service Selection Control board):- In this mode the candidate can directly apply for the Indian army through online mode. They can fill their qualification and on the basis of merit list candidate will short-list for 5 days training. For this candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal. In this type of job the candidate will only take a job for the 14 years period (10 years mandatory + 4 year extra). The candidate can apply for the resign during those 4 extra years’ time period.
18th April 2017, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my Diploma in mechanical engineering course and i want to join Indian army as a technical soldier. Am I eligible for it ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?