31st May 2020, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum educational criteria and physical fitness required for joining Army?

Hello Sir, my name is Aakash, age :23, height :5.6, weight: 75kg, qualification: 10th and 12th from Open University, I am so much interested in serving Indian Army. Is there any opportunity for me?

2nd June 2020, 12:00 PM
Padmashree K S

Default Re: What is the minimum educational criteria and physical fitness required for joining Army?

The minimum qualification required to join army is that the candidate must have completed Higher secondary school with Diploma. If you have not got any diploma then the school credits are considerable.

The age limit is between 17 to 23 years.
Height should not be less than 60 inches or more than 80 inches and weight limit is 132 lbs for males.
2nd June 2020, 01:22 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum educational criteria and physical fitness required for joining Army?

--- The minimum educational qualification is class 10th pass with minimum 45% marks in aggregate and minimum 33% marks in each subject is the required educational qualification to join Indian Army GD.

--- The army GD age group of the candidate, must fall between 17.5 years to 21 years.

--- Candidate should be unmarried male.

Physical standards:

Height must be 167 CM and this Criterion can be relaxed according to the region of the candidates in mostly for Gorkha candidates.

Minimum chest of candidate after the expansion should not be less than 77 CM.
There must be a minimum expansion of 5 cm.

The weight of Candidate should not be less than 50 kg.

The candidate must be free from the communicable diseases and cardiovascular infections, surgeries etcetera.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?