28th November 2017, 12:00 AM
Nishanthab

What is the procedure followed to apply for B.Tech in REC or IIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Dear Sir/ Madam, My son has completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, he want to get admission in REC/IIT colleges for B.Tech/ Be courses please let us know is it possible and if it is possible what is the procedure. Awaiting to get your reply.
Regards
Rajesh

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to apply for RTO Sub Inspector exam after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  3. How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of three years diploma course in mechanical engineering?
  5. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  6. Procedure to get job in mechanical field after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Which company to apply for the job?
  7. For what type of job I can apply after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. What is the procedure followed to get educational loan right after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Can I get a seat in IIT after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?
  10. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  11. How to join IIT after passing diploma engineering in mechanical? Procedure for the same?
  12. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  13. Procedure to apply for CGPE exam after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Procedure to get admission for Marine Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  16. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  17. Is it possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion?
  18. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
29th November 2017, 08:44 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for B.Tech in REC or IIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

The admission in IIT is done on basis of Joint Entrance Examination.

Diploma candidates are eligible for JEE Advanced for getting admission in Indian Institute of Technology in Bachelor of Technology. Other than this, you can also apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in second year of engineering directly.

LEET is conducted by state government. For LEET exam, you should have at least 60% marks in diploma.
29th November 2017, 11:33 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for B.Tech in REC or IIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

There are two ways by which diploma candidates can get admission in Bachelor of Technology after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering. For admission in Bachelor of Technology in Indian Institute of Technology, you should apply for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced. This is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

Other than IIT, you can pursue Bachelor of Technology from state government engineering college, you need to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. But for this examination, you need to have at least 60% marks in diploma.
29th November 2017, 06:45 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, after the diploma, if you want to get into Engineering then there is a special examination for the diploma fellows named LEET.

LEET >>>> Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

If you qualify in the Test then you will be allotted a seat in the engineering college based on the rank in the examination and your diploma percentage.

You will be given the admission in directly in the 2nd year of engineering.
29th November 2017, 07:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The procedure is very simple. You need to apply for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced and crack it with good rank to get admission Indian Institute of Technology.

Diploma candidates are eligible for admission in IITs. The notification for JEE is yet to be released.
29th November 2017, 11:14 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To get admission into IIT or REC (now NITs), you will have to qualify JEE Main Exam and then JEE Advanced Exam, then only you will get admission.

For IITs, you will have to crack JEE Main exam followed by JEE Advanced Exam.

But for getting admission into RECs or NITs, you will have to crack JEE Main Exam only.

Admission will be only be granted if you secure decent rank in both of the exams.

After securing decent rank, you will have to apply for CCB Counseling and then choose your preferred branch.
29th November 2017, 11:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To apply for admission to B.Tech course in REC college, you should have secured at least 50% aggregate marks throughout all semesters of Diploma course. You can apply for admission to B.Tech course directly by submitting the application form at the college along with other relevant documents. Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in IIT because, NITs/ IITs doesn't offer lateral entry admission in B.Tec course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?