19th July 2010, 02:41 PM
arch.khogare

What is procedure for that & what is syllabus for CID exam?

When will CID exam held?What is procedure for that & what is syllabus for CID exam? Kindly provide information,I want to be a CID OFFICER.

20th July 2010, 04:51 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is procedure for that & what is syllabus for CID exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch.khogare View Post
When will CID exam held?What is procedure for that & what is syllabus for CID exam? Kindly provide information,I want to be a CID OFFICER.
Dear friend
Currently there is no such vacancy. The recruitment doesn't happen every year. Whenever the vacancy comes it will be notified in EMPLOYMENT NEWS and on the official website of UPSC ie. www.upsc.gov.in

You can get into these sector through state public services or civil services also.
No matter you are an IPS or a CID officer. You are doing the same job ie. Working for common people's interest.

Any further query is welcome
Thank You
20th July 2010, 04:58 PM
LOKESH RAJPUT

hello!
you have to do degree or post graduation in criminology.
if you are a degree holder then you have to do 1 year course in crimonology.
many indian universities provide this course.

for further details visit the websites
www.upsc.gov.in
www.mahacid.com
20th July 2010, 05:31 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

::: CID Entrance Test Details :::

The entrance exam dates are not fixed for every year , In 2008 they happened in june whereas in 2009 that happened in october so you need to keep yourself updated through employment news and daily newspaper .

:: Eligibility criteria's ::

The basic requirement for getting admission into an undergraduation course is passing of +2 in either science or arts and for post graduation one , you need to be graduate with either science or arts .

Many Indian universities offers both undergraduate and post graduate courses in criminology .

You can go for degree and post graduate courses in criminology and correctional management and forensic science which is offered by various institutes in India .

::: Syllabus :::

Complete syllabus for this can be viewed from official website http://www.upsc.gov.in and it generally includes Principles of criminology , Forensic science and medicine , Correctional Management , Rehabilitation of criminals , police administration , etc.

* Source = http://www.mahacid.com

Regards
~satish

Last edited by garg.satish0; 20th July 2010 at 05:40 PM.
20th July 2010, 06:18 PM
sharad3010

The entrance exam dates are not fixed for every year , In 2008 they happened in june whereas in 2009 that happened in october so you need to keep yourself updated through employment news and daily newspaper .

The basic requirement for getting admission into an undergraduation course is passing of +2 in either science or arts and for post graduation one , you need to be graduate with either science or arts .

Many Indian universities offers both undergraduate and post graduate courses in criminology .

You can go for degree and post graduate courses in criminology and correctional management and forensic science which is offered by various institutes in India .

Complete syllabus for this can be viewed from official website http://www.upsc.gov.in and it generally includes Principles of criminology , Forensic science and medicine , Correctional Management , Rehabilitation of criminals , police administration , etc.

20th July 2010, 07:27 PM
swati123

You have not made yourself clear...what is it you are talking of...are you looking for direct recruitment or are you speaking of special crime-/forensic science-related courses. Anyway, I'll try to answer you. CID is the Criminal/Crime Investigation Department of the Police and the recruitments are made from the State Police ranks instead of any specific exams. And if you are talking of Criminology/Correction Management/Forensic Science courses,then you can check with the following institutes/organisations:

Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Delhi
Dr.Harisingh Gour Vishwa Vidyalaya, Gour Nagar, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh - 470 003
Forensic Sciences Department, "Forensic House", 30-A, Kamarajar Salai, Mylapore, Chennai 600004
University of Delhi, Delhi 110007
Anna University, Chennai 600025
Institute of Criminology & Forensic Science, 4-E Jhandewalan Extn, Rani Jhansi Road, New Delhi 110056
University of Lucknow, Badshah Bagh, Lucknow- 226007
Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Hyderabad, CFIs Complex, Ramanathapur, Hyderabad 500013
Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Chandigarh, CFIs Complex, Sector 36A, Chandigarh 160036
Central Forensic Laboratory, Kolkata, CFIs Complex, 30 Gorachand Road, Kolkata 700014

For course-details, eligibility, etc. you will need to contect these individual institutes.
27th July 2010, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i want to know the dates of the CID exam? and i m graduate from BSC-IT is there any exam so we can direct go in this department or tarning such as?
30th July 2010, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i am want to a cid officer?so wath i do?
1st August 2010, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of diploma in imformation technology.i want to oin CID..this is my dream.how can i join in CID?????this is my final year...pls aware me..
9th August 2010, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

MY NAME IS RAVI KUMAR.MY EDUCATION QUALIFICATION IS 12th PASSED BY NON- MEDICAL.I AM 17 YEARS OLD AND HEIGHT IS 169cm.
MY DREAM IS TO BE A CID OFFICER .WHAT DO. CAN I DO.AND ALSO ME TELL ABOUT WHICH PLACE I BRING CID APPLICATION FORM.
11th August 2010, 08:26 PM

I AM EJAJ 9th PASSED - I AM 17 YEARS OLD AND HEIGHT IS 169cm.
MY DREAM IS TO BE A CID OFFICER .WHAT DO. CAN I DO.AND ALSO ME TELL ABOUT WHICH PLACE I BRING CID APPLICATION FORM.[/QUOTE]
13th August 2010, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

hi i am sanjay patel i want become cid officer in gujarat plz some idea
]
16th August 2010, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

hi i am lokesh Punjab,i am a student of diploma in computer.i want to in CID..this is my dream.how can i join in CID?????this is my final year...pls aware me..
21st August 2010, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Respected Iam pramod yengade at post golegaon , kandhar ,nanded studing in Msc1yr (physics)my feeling CID officer somethings about this Dept of idea
29th August 2010, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Hi iam gagandeep ,i am 20 year old.i am a student of BCA 1 year.my dream is be a cid officer, my feeling CID officer somethings about this Dept of idea
plz
30th August 2010, 03:02 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

the selection of the cid is done by the upsc as well as the ssc,

and for this the minimum qualification is graduation.

and if you want the syllabus of the exams,

then you can get it from the websites...

www.upsc.gov.in
31st August 2010, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

is there no any organization who give cid jobs for 10th pass children?
plz reply this in my email id [ [email protected]].
16th September 2010, 11:25 AM
rksamy007

Sir i did complete my post graduation in successfully.i would like to join defence force.i need more information regarding exam,syllabus and procedure.my post graduation degree is MBA.
30th September 2010, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

hi,i am eshu datta. I am a law graduate now doing P.G.D.in cyber law and information security.I want to know in CID is there any special feild which deals with cyber crimes?
30th September 2010, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am Eshu Datta. I am law graduate now doing P.G.D.in cyber law and information security.I want to know is there any special field in CID which deals with cyber crimes?
30th September 2010, 11:25 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

::: CID Entrance Test Details :::

1st October 2010, 12:52 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to appear in CID examination you must be graduate. recently there is no such notification for CID examination. go through the leading newspaper to know the notification when it will be published. also you may visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in/ to know all the details and syllabus for CID examination.
1st October 2010, 04:20 PM
yuvraj anand

anyone wid his clever mind having a graduate degrreee can go fr cid
4th October 2010, 06:52 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The recruitment in the CID doesn't happen often. On occasion, the vacancy comes; it will be notified in the EMPLOYMENT NEWS and on the official website of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) along with the syllabus. http://www.upsc.gov.in/ A one year course in criminology has to be done by you if you are a degree holder. Many universities in India offer this course and it commonly includes Correctional Management, Forensic science and Medicine, Principles of Criminology, Police Administration, Rehabilitation of Criminals etc.
2nd November 2010, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

I wanna be a CID Officer and for that what i will do?
Pls replay the answer to my email address- [email protected]
12th November 2010, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

My name is Phani i have completed my B.Tech in Bio-Medical Engineering .
My Age is 27 i am interested in CID so i can apply r not if so what r the things i have to do give me sugesstion to
my id is [email protected]
17th November 2010, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

hi i am sanjay kumar i want become cid officer in bokaro plz some idea
] My Age is 21 i am interested in CID so i can apply r not if so what r the things i have to do give me sugesstion to
my am is CID officer.I have passed my Bcom part-II Office Management & Sectrial Practice From Bokaro Jharkhand .
24th November 2010, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi! i'm sanjeev.r.y , so i want to become a cid officer. my age 25. now i am 5th sem Engineering, what are the procedure to do that please sugest me.
5th December 2010, 07:56 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

The recruitment is done rarely since there is no vacany for these posts now a days.
The details will be notified in Employment news.So,please go through the Employment news so that you get full information regarding this.

Since UPSC board conducts this exams which is basically of a one year course in criminology/forensic science/correction management/police administration.

all the best
5th December 2010, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

what is the one step in cid exams
1st April 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I Join CID, I have done my Graduation in Computer Application with first divison & I have passed My 10 2 with PCM.......
----Norat Choudhary
Mo. 919929897098
E-mail : [email protected]
15th May 2011, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, I am tina, I have complete my B.A. L.L.B, I am interested to Join as a C.I.D Officer, please give me the details and Examination procedure and also vacant post.
30th June 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

me complet MSC biotechnology in 2010,now want to joint CID,is became posible for me?
1st September 2011, 10:29 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

Cid is the branch of police department known as crime investigation department.after 10 and 12 stds it is neccessary to do graduation and postgraduation in criminology or after a degree in law one can do a year or a two year post graduation diploma in criminology.u can appear for upsc or state level exams also conducted by the govt.of india.u have to be very brilliant and physically fit
22nd September 2011, 06:21 PM
bhavin solanki

Thumbs up Re: What is procedure for that & what is syllabus for CID exam?

When will CID exam held?What is procedure for that & what is syllabus for CID exam? Kindly provide information,I want to be a CID OFFICER
24th September 2011, 08:24 AM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

cid is a branch of police department and there are a different levels at which people can go to this department .some from the police department can get into branch on deputation..the basic qualification of cid is 10+2.
syllabus:
complete syllabus for this is from the viewed offical website
www.upsc.gon.in
26th October 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

please give me date of entrances of cid
31st October 2011, 03:00 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

Currently there is no such vacancy. The recruitment doesn't happen every year. Whenever the vacancy comes it will be notified in EMPLOYMENT NEWS and on the official website of UPSC ie. www.upsc.gov.in

You can get into these sector through state public services or civil services also.
No matter you are an IPS or a CID officer. You are doing the same job ie. Working for common people's interest.

Any further query is welcome
20th November 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i am raghav saxena sir i am 12th pass and i am prep. for cid yes/no
11th February 2012, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

hello. sir my name is monika singh and my height is 5.5".. i have done graduation in 2009 by sociology and i have also diploma in computer application. so i want to know that can i prepare the exam of c.i.d. officer? i m 23 years old. sir please reply me . i m waiting for your answer.........
10th August 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

how can i preaper for cbi or cid
11th April 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

hello. sir my name is prafull sontakke and my height is 5.7".. i have done graduation and i have hardware & networking computer. so i want to know that can i prepare the exam of c.i.d. officer? i m 23 years old. sir please reply me . i m waiting for your answer.........
7th June 2014, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

i have done dimploma in information technology i want to know that can i prepare the cid job in this section
26th October 2014, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a cid officer,I m studying engineering, tell me the correct procedure to become a cid officer
29th December 2014, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I join CID after B.sc ? If yes then what should I do to join CID
Please reply me on 9922053692 ,thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?