14th December 2011, 07:59 PM
sletviji

What are the qualifications for SLET entrance exam? Syllabus of the exam?

I am completed MCA with first class what are the qualification and syllabus for slet exam

23rd December 2011, 05:17 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications for SLET entrance exam? Syllabus of the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sletviji View Post
I am completed MCA with first class what are the qualification and syllabus for slet exam
SLET is the acronym for State Lecturer Eligibility Test and is conducted on state level and qualifying this test from a particular state makes a candidate eligible to get appointed as lecturer in universities and colleges situated in the same particular state.
To be eligible for SLET, candidate must have qualified masters degree program with a minimum of 55% marks, which is relaxed upto 5% for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.
As far as the syllabus is concerned, it is similar to the National Eligibility Test in lectureship.
To go through the syllabus, click here.
5th May 2012, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the qualifications for SLET entrance exam? Syllabus of the exam?

I completed master degree with mathematics
but I secured 48% in 2002 with that I completed mphil with 52% from correspondence course.
am I eligible for the slet or not.
9th July 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir! i have completed Mca in 2011 with a aggregate 78% from jntu can i eligible to SLET , i want to become lecturer in govt colleges.kindly send a solution .
s.supriya(tirupathi)
18th August 2012, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

I have completed mphil (costume design and fashion) with 68% from coimbatore PSG College.i want to become lecturer in govt colleges.
22nd September 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

what is the qualification for slet
17th December 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus and qualification for m.a.english
17th December 2012, 11:04 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: What are the qualifications for SLET entrance exam? Syllabus of the exam?

Hi Friend,

SLET is stand for State Lecturer Eligibility Test.
It is conducted on state level and qualifying this test from a particular state makes a candidate eligible to get appointed as lecturer in universities and colleges situated in the same particular state.

Eligibility Criteria :
1.Candidate must have qualified masters degree program with a minimum of 55% marks.

As far as the syllabus is concerned, it is similar to the National Eligibility Test in lectureship.

For more details visit
http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html
Cool Thanks...
28th January 2013, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

i have complete my UG in regular and PG in distance education, am eligible for writing slet exam and could i join as a lecturer in engineerin college
28th January 2013, 07:58 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed Master of Computer Applications you are eligible for the State Eligibility Test (SET). The State Eligibility Test is conducted by each state separately. There is no common entrance exam.

If you have completed MCA with first class then there should be no issue in appearing for the State Eligibility Test. You will have to check for the dates of SET entrance exam for the state in which you want to apply.

Eligibility

1. The candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. Candidate should have post graduation degree.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. The SC and ST need 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students are also eligible to apply.

6. But Final year students will have to submit their PG degree in 2 years.

7. Your NET subject will be Computer Science and Application.

8. There is no restriction on number of attempts.

Age Limit

1. The age limit is 28 years for JRF.

2. Upto 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. There is 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.

4. There is no age limit for college lectureship.

The syllabus for the exam could vary from the state to state. However you can still check the syllabus on the UGC-NET official website - http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html
5th April 2016, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I had completed PG in English from Idolgu in 2014.my percentage was 54.5%.I repeated 2 papers again in 2015.And now my percentage is 55.5%.Am i eligible for SLET or NET?
11th March 2018, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

I finished my MSc in Biotechnology in Andhra Pradesh. I did my PhD in Madurai Kamaraj University and got settled in Madurai. Can I write SLET exam in Tamil Nadu and work in here colleges?
11th July 2018, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Does an MBA degree with 60% from Sikkim Manipal University (correspondence course) eligible for appearing for SLET ?
24th November 2018, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Can under graduate student apply this SLET examination? Or is there another examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?