25th October 2019, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

What are the requirements to open Pathology Lab?

I have completed my M.Sc Microbiology. So, I am interested to open own pathology lab. What is the procedure for that and which license is required and how to proceed to get those legal license?

2nd November 2019, 05:38 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the requirements to open Pathology Lab?

If you are looking for opening a Pathology lab that can handle at least upto 100 patients a day, then you need to go through following procedure.
  • Firstly, you need to plan what kind of services your lab will offer that may include Hematology, Biochemistry, Serology, Cytopathology, etc. As per the services being offered, you will have to hire qualified personnel and decide their salaries on the basis of their experience.
  • Secondly, you will have to look for the infrasture for your lab. This will include waiting area, blood collection, storage, waste disposal, lab equipments, etc.
  • Regarding registration and license, you need to have legal identity of your lab in the form of proprietorship or partnership or a limited liability company. Also, you need to get registered through the Shops and Establishments Act, Clinical Establishment Act if that is implemented in your state. Other than this, registration in Local Biomedical Waste disposal body, Approval from waste generation from state pollution control board, Municipal NOC, Fire NOC are also required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?