14th July 2013, 01:01 AM
mpgs

What is the scope of B.Tech IT in Indian railways? What is the procedure to become railways engineer

sir what is the scope of B.TECH IT students in indian railways....what is the procedure for becoming railway engineer for b.tech it students after passing their btech or m.tech..........do their selection is done on the basis of gate examination?????????????
plj answers my question at my id as:
[email protected]
THANKS................

15th July 2016, 02:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of B.Tech IT in Indian railways? What is the procedure to become railways engineer

Being B.tech degree holder for becoming railway engineer you will need to qualify RRB entrance examination.

RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board and the same entrance examination is held by different RRBs following a pattern for recruitment of Junior engineer and Senior engineer in Indian Railways.

*** For appearing in the same examination you will need to satisfy the criteria given here under :-

--> For the post of Junior Engineer :-

* Your must have the nationality of India along with your age lying within 18 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have at least completed your diploma in engineering degree course from a recognized university.

--> For the post of Senior Engineer :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying between 20 years to 34 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor of engineering degree course from a recognized university.

For further details regarding the same examination you can refer to the link www.rrb.gov.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?