10th February 2013, 01:53 AM
pggeology

What is the scope of geology in India?

scopes of geology in india...could u please give me the dtails for the same

10th February 2013, 11:18 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of geology in India?

Dear Friend

Yes,why not,there is wide and vast scope of geology in India as well as other countries.If you complete you bachelor's degree in geology ,you will have lots job option in the following departments:

1.Statistical department

2.Weather and forecasting

3.Oil and natural gas

4.Geological survey of India.

5.Research and teaching institutions: where there is need of geological experts.

If you are interested in government sector ,you can go for the Geologists exam conducted by the UPSC.

Some of the PSU are:

1.DRDO

2.ONGC

3.BAARC.

For any other details regarding geologists exam ,please visit :www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other query,kindly leave your message here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
15th February 2013, 04:16 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
Geology is a subject that studies the Earth's internal structure,chemical&physical process.It also deals with the materials,biological aspects of the earth.
Geology applies the principles of Physics,mathematics,biology and Chemistry along with the other aspects of environmental science as well as engineering.

As a Geologists you can find opportunities in various companies which deals with the mineral resources like
ONGC,Coal India Limited,Oil India Limited,NMDC,National Institute of Oceanography and there are good opportunities in private companies like Reliance Industries Limited etc.

There are many specializations in Geology like,

Petroleum Geology,Structural Geology,Economic Geology,Hydrogeology,Oceanography,Paleontology,Geo chemistry.

With the advanced technology and the research programmes for studying the earth's natural resources and various aspects of our planet,geology in the recent times have emerged as the favorites with numerous opportunities.

With a Master degree programme you can opt for the research field which has even more scopes.

Good Luck.
15th February 2013, 07:39 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

HELLO,

Geology is a subject that is considered by many Indian students.

Eligibility :

> > To join in geology, students need to have a graduate level degree in geophysics or geology.

> > For much better jobs they need to have a postgraduate level degree.

Many job opportunities are available for students of geology in various sectors
  • Meteorologists
  • Geographers
  • Geologists
  • Oceanographers

Employment opportunities are very high again in the field of exploration for natural raw materials.

Jobs in exploration for metallic ores are being offered in many countries and other career field includes :

• Geophysics
  • Environmental Education
  • Research
  • Petrology
  • Paleontology
  • Field Study

Increased processing of raw materials has come at a cost of increased pollution of water resources. Thus, the scope of employment of environmental geologists has increased many times.

In summary, jobs are galore in exploration geology. Geologists trained in communication — especially in English and computer graphics — and mathematical modelling are in the highest demand.

Institutes Offering Geology:

University of Delhi www.du.ac.in

Banaras Hindu University www.bhu.ac.in

Jadavpur University, Kolkata www.jadavpur.edu

Presidency College, Kolkata www.presidencyadmission.net

GOOD LUCK ..
15th February 2013, 09:57 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Perhaps not so much in India. But India does have a good reputation for scientists, engineers, and technicians. Being schooled / trained in geology in India is a very good start for anyone, male or female, for getting work outside of India or with the international companies working in India.
Like the rest of the world, dealing with fresh water is becoming more and more important. Getting trained in geology is a good start for working in this field. And as India continues growing (another great Asian tiger country) other fields will be making more jobs available for whoever is qualified, male or female. But I suspect you will find it easier to work for non-Indian companies.
15th February 2013, 09:59 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Smile Re: What is the scope of geology in India?

Perhaps not so much in India. But India does have a good reputation for scientists, engineers, and technicians. Being schooled / trained in geology in India is a very good start for anyone, male or female, for getting work outside of India or with the international companies working in India.
Like the rest of the world, dealing with fresh water is becoming more and more important. Getting trained in geology is a good start for working in this field. And as India continues growing (another great Asian tiger country) other fields will be making more jobs available for whoever is qualified, male or female. But I suspect you will find it easier to work for non-Indian companies.
15th February 2013, 10:44 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

There is good scope for Geology in India and you can apply for the following posts:

Meterologists

Geographers

Geologists

Oceanographers

There are good companies on different sectors where you can apply for various jobs.

In few of PSU’s also you can apply for the posts:

DRDO

ONGC

BAARC

Thank you,

All the best.
15th February 2013, 11:56 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggeology View Post
scopes of geology in india...could u please give me the dtails for the same

Dear Aspirant,

According to situation in the india.We cannot say that we have 100% recruitment in this field.

But we have job options in the Top colleges if you study there.

Also you can try for the universities outside the india.

That will be the best option for you.So i would suggest the abroad rather than the india in this case.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
1st June 2013, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

as m going on with my 12th present after 12th I want to do geology which college will be best in Mumbai or in abroad and which will be best job for me in geology
9th June 2013, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
as m going on with my 12th present after 12th I want to do geology which college will be best in Mumbai or in abroad and which will be best job for me in geology
dear friend,
the best college in india includes banaras hindu university, jadhav university, but looking at the current sight in mumbai, st xaviers college mumbai is best to go for as it ranks 2nd in india and good ambiance and new young profs being recruited with good knowledge, but its very tough to get in geology in xaviers as seats are limited 34 seats, and people who have high marks are only given geology in final year, i am proud to say i am from xaviers..hehe.did geology.
if you can live far from parents and not get homesick, then please opt for fergusson college, even it has good supporting faculty.
17th June 2013, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

atfter bsc in geology , which jobs are available, and where in maharashtra or oter
6th July 2013, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

I am getting admitted in Geology hons in Aushotosh college in kolkata?? What r my future prospects??
1st August 2014, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i am getting admitted in bsc hons geology in punjab university chandigarh. waht are my future prospects ?
12th August 2014, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my degree (Course : B,Com)
in PG i think to choose M.sc Geology.
Plz Give me some suggestions
13th September 2014, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got 98% marks in higher secondary exam.I want to study geology course.Is this a right course for me? Which is the best institution for me?
25th November 2014, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Can we do masters in geology wid PCM as main subject in ug level.? And. Pls suggest sum univeesities outside india
23rd May 2015, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have planed to give the exam of geologist after my pg in geology.But i am bit confused that,would i will be eligiable to sit in the exam after doing pg in earth science from du ?????????????
pls help me sir,i have to make a quick decision !!!
16th August 2015, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir I passed b.sc with sub (phy,math, geology) and I want to take admission in m.tek geology sir please give me knowledge about m.tek geology
18th May 2016, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I completed my 12th board from CBSE with science stream (biology) . I want to do bsc in geology and second option is bsc in life science can I get the admission in "DU" with this marks.
If yes than okk but if not than please tell me the other courses sir which have a scope in future. Please sir help me actually I m very confused about my future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?