13th January 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of industrial engineering? I am doing 1st year industrial engineering

im pavithran doing 1st year industrial engg pls tell about scope of that industrial engg

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope of industrial engineering? I am doing 1st year industrial engineering
  2. Scope of Industrial Engineering in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Information about M.E? Which course has more scope in industrial field?
  4. Jobs after ME industrial engineering
  5. Industrial Training in Summer for B.Tech(Industrial Engineering) 3rd year student?
  6. What should I opt for my B.Tech either civil engineering or industrial engineering? Which one field have better scopes in future among them?
  7. Which course is better between EIE, Industrial Engineering, ECE, and EEE after Diploma in Industrial Electronics?
  8. Companies offering Industrial Training for Engineering Students in Maharashtra?
  9. Companies ofering one year industrial training for Mechanical engineering students? -- [New]
  10. How to prepare for PSU? I did my B.E in industrial engineering
  11. List of industries which offer Industrial Training to B.Tech(Industrial Engineering) 3rd year student?
  12. Contact details of companies or institutes for Industrial Training in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Which branch should I get in KIIT with a rank of 7706?
  14. How to prepare for IAS while in B.Tech 1st year of Industrial and Production Engineering?
  15. Can I pursue any marine courses after engineering? Can Industrial Production Engineering Students get into Marine Courses?
  16. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  17. Which companies offer industrial training summer?
  18. Can I do MA in Automotive Engineering from Germany after B.Tech in Production & Industrial engineering?
7th May 2012, 06:52 PM
edr_fdr

Default Re: What is the scope of industrial engineering? I am doing 1st year industrial engineering

Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that concerns the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, material and process. Industrial engineering draws upon the principles and methods of engineering analysis and synthesis, as well as mathematical, physical and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems. In lean manufacturing systems, Industrial engineers work to eliminate wastes of time, money, materials, energy, and other resources.

Industrial engineering is also known as operations management, systems engineering, production engineering, manufacturing engineering or manufacturing systems engineering; a distinction that seems to depend on the viewpoint or motives of the user. Recruiters or educational establishments use the names to differentiate themselves from others. In healthcare, industrial engineers are more commonly known as management engineers, engineering management, or even health systems engineers.

Where as most engineering disciplines apply skills to very specific areas, industrial engineering is applied in virtually every industry. Examples of where industrial engineering might be used include shortening lines (or queues) at a theme park, streamlining an operating room, distributing products worldwide (also referred to as Supply Chain Management), and manufacturing cheaper and more reliable automobiles. Industrial engineers typically use computer simulation, especially discrete event simulation, for system analysis and evaluation.

The name "industrial engineer" can be misleading. While the term originally applied to manufacturing, it has grown to encompass services and other industries as well. Similar fields include Operations Research, Management Science, Financial Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, Ergonomics, Process Engineering, Value Engineering and Quality Engineering.

There are a number of things industrial engineers do in their work to make processes more efficient, to make products more manufacturable and consistent in their quality, and to increase productivity.
Source(s):
en.wikipedia.org
7th May 2012, 06:54 PM
rati23dec

Default Re: What is the scope of industrial engineering? I am doing 1st year industrial engineering

Industrial engineering is also known as operations management, systems engineering, production engineering, manufacturing engineering or manufacturing systems engineering; a distinction that seems to depend on the viewpoint or motives of the user. Recruiters or educational establishments use the names to differentiate themselves from others. In healthcare, industrial engineers are more commonly known as management engineers, engineering management, or even health systems engineers.

Where as most engineering disciplines apply skills to very specific areas, industrial engineering is applied in virtually every industry. Examples of where industrial engineering might be used include shortening lines (or queues) at a theme park, streamlining an operating room, distributing products worldwide (also referred to as Supply Chain Management), and manufacturing cheaper and more reliable automobiles. Industrial engineers typically use computer simulation, especially discrete event simulation, for system analysis and evaluation.
6th June 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

is there any scope for industrial engineeringmanegement and industrial production
4th September 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

what will be the salary
23rd May 2014, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

iam first year student of industrial and production engineering, can girls get job in companies...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?