23rd February 2015, 09:10 PM
cmjoo

What is the scope of medical geography?

Explain Medical Geography?What are the scope of Medical Geography?

20th April 2015, 07:07 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the scope of medical geography?

Let us start with the book written definition of Medical geography which is as follows-

Medical geography studies the effects of locale and climate upon health. It aims to improve the understanding of the various factors which affect the health of populations and hence individuals. It is also called health geographic.

Now, talking of the present scenario in which medical geography plays an important role.
There are lots of applications of medical geography. Since the spatial distribution of disease is still a large matter of importance though, mapping plays a huge role in the field. Maps are created to show historic outbreaks of things like the 1918 influenza for example or current issues like the index of pain or Google Flu Trends across the United States.

- The CDC and WHO are major employers for medical geographers.
- Pharmaceutical companies,
- Research centers, and
- Public health agencies also recruit such graduates.
25th June 2020, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the scope of medical geography?

What is the scope of medical geography
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?