30th March 2010, 05:20 PM
ppu

What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

Hello,

My friend"s daughter is going for 10th std in June. Pl let us know after 10th which stream is good for her. she likes history and geography. she has disliking for maths. she gets 70% on everage. she has liking for biology. now we are in confusion. if she takes science-biology. she can go for microbiology. what is the scope for whare it is useful in long run. and if she takes arts which line she can choose. pl guide us.

thanks. PPU

31st March 2010, 09:46 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

it is little confusing...
as she likes biology and has disliking on math then it is better for her to do a career in medical line..
because there is more scope for her career..
microbiology is promising but medical is better in any way..
so go for it...
good luck...
1st April 2010, 04:07 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.

Well,
It is well known that science has the large scope and also has hard labor and art is the good but it depends on your choice that in which subject you will do better.
but in my view take biology as carrier makes better.
thanks and best of luck
1st April 2010, 11:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear frien,
i will suggest you just go for acccording to your
interest, if she likes history and geography,
then you can choose arts after 10th............
because arts has also very wide scope and
great demand in future.............

best of luck..........
6th April 2010, 10:54 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

you should according to the interest of your daughter if she is interested in geography and history then let her take arts and dont think that there will no good future for her if she go for arts as in present commerce and arts is in more demand than of science.....
8th April 2010, 01:12 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

as she is not interested in math then its ok.
now tell her to chose biology,
because in this subjects there is more carrier option than arts,
o k
all the best
11th April 2010, 05:00 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I personally think that there is scope in everything. So dont think that whether there is scope in this or not. Just follow you interest and success will follow you

I have an idea for you. You said she dislikes Maths so dont consider Engineering. Now Biology and history Geography left right?

So what she can do is that she can give an Aptitude test. She already has an interest in both but aptitude is also important if you wanna be successful.

So chose the one she has aptitude in Medical or Arts...Both have immense scope if you really work hard and top in that field
11th April 2010, 06:04 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
you must know that success story of any person lies behind his/her in area of intrest. both sream has their own importance in their respective area. if she is willing to do hard labour then tell her to opt for biology as a main subject which has a wide scope. but mind it it requires a lot of hard labour after that only she can become a doctor. little bit less than that arts stream woul be best as it will become easy for her to crack general competition in future now it depends on her what she will opt
o.k. all the best
12th April 2010, 08:08 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

biology is definitely an great option to take ,but there is not only biology ,there is also physics and to be strong in physics you should be good in mths,as she is having an disliking for maths i would advice her to take arts,as there are many options even for an arts students also
all the best to her
12th April 2010, 11:41 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

according to me you should leave the decision on your daughter as she know much better than you all that in which field she has interest.......

at present commerce and arts field is growing very fast so if she has interest in this field then let her do that...as now this field has much better future in long run as compared to doing microbiology and engineering......
13th April 2010, 07:31 PM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

let me make one thing clear,if see hates maths its an not good idea for her to take maths in inter,
between medical and arts there is lot of difference,medical field is really exciting and once you become an doctor you can earn really a lot but thats not the case with arts stream,
so i will advice to take medical
all the best to her
14th April 2010, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

I have choosen biology in 11th standard.What extra courses can I do right now for my better future?
16th April 2010, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of medicl stream. if i take medical stream then how many fields are there for me after 12th?
17th April 2010, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

hello..i have interest in science stream & i had an interest in biology.well, i m little confused
to select science or commerce,& also i dont like maths.. my avergae % is 75 to 80%
pl.guide me
19th April 2010, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

my sister had appeared for 10th board exam from maharashtra.would you please help to suggest how would be the nursing course for her
20th April 2010, 02:39 PM
edward
Top Answerer

i depend upon the interest of your daughter...........if she is interested in science then let she opt for science stream and if she is interested in commerce or arts then let her opt fot it............

at present all the stream is having a very good scope............but commerce is having very long lasting future........so if she is interested in this then let her do this........
20th April 2010, 03:44 PM
kumar rahul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppu View Post
Hello,

My friend"s daughter is going for 10th std in June. Pl let us know after 10th which stream is good for her. she likes history and geography. she has disliking for maths. she gets 70% on everage. she has liking for biology. now we are in confusion. if she takes science-biology. she can go for microbiology. what is the scope for whare it is useful in long run. and if she takes arts which line she can choose. pl guide us.

thanks. PPU
It is a best time to chose a rigt path, either arts or microbiology have good scope but it depende on the strength and capability of the student that what she likes to study and get well result. If she good in history and geography then its better to go through arts and make her prepare for IAS or IPS.
Thanking You
20th April 2010, 04:20 PM
Harshita21

hello sir

As the girl has interest in history & science so take arts & make her career in Geography

If she has only interest in biology but science also contain Physicd & Chemistry also , If has command only in bio & looses interest in Chemistry & Physics than itis of no worth .

11th & 12th standard Biology,Chemistry & Physics are very different & tuffer than 10th standard Science.

Geography & History are easier than these subjects.

You can select the subject on the basis of marks ehich she got in 10th standard

I know all suggested bio but please take in mind my suggestions & the interest of the girl who will take admission

Now Choice is up to you.
23rd April 2010, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

i just now finished my 12th & currently writing my entrance exams. my only loving subject is biology. i am a person who likes to research in medical field very much.so what should i study for that?
24th April 2010, 02:43 PM
azim sharif

i will suggest you

you should go through science with having biology subject
i mean to say

PCB
which meanS
PHYSICS, CHEMISTRYAND BIOLOGY
IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU
BEST OF LUCK
27th April 2010, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

What to choose after 10th board?and going for biology will bring what kind for options or is it has scope for me in future,if I can score upto
70% in science?
1st May 2010, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

hello,i completed my 10th,but i m very confused ti choose line.i dont like maths and medical line.i like desighning line.so which line i have to choose?
2nd May 2010, 01:45 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
you can probably choose fine arts as one of you subject in college.......

as you dont like maths and biology ......you ca either go for commerce or arts......

if you go for commerce then you will be eligible for fashion designing......

as you like drawing lines you might want to take a career out of it...by fashion designing....

best of luck...
2nd May 2010, 02:37 PM
tanmaybartarya1208

i would personally recommend of going for medical as it has a much larger scope than arts. One more advantage of taking up the science stream is that you can change ur stream even after 12th if you are a science student but you cannot do the same if you are an arts student. so even after completing 12th if she wants to change and do her graduation in arts she can do that.
2nd May 2010, 02:54 PM
bharati1983

Hello,

At present times both science as well as arts have good future prospect. but the main thing is interest. the student will do good in a subject only when he or she is interested in pursuing it. If your friend's daughter wants to take up science but does not like maths then she has the option of taking up Physics, Chemistry and Biology(in lieu of Maths). This will open doors for medical profession. Regarding Microbiology, yes it is a good branch and has good prospects.
2nd May 2010, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

what to choose after 10th board ? Maths or bio
2nd May 2010, 11:17 PM
nikitay

Smile Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

Hello Dear!
Today every stream has its own importance. Thus it only depends on the child's liking.If she opt for arts then except engg., medical and ca all other options are available like Law,though both arts and medical hav equal demands.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!
3rd May 2010, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Red face Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjit View Post
dear,
you can probably choose fine arts as one of you subject in college.......

as you dont like maths and biology ......you ca either go for commerce or arts......

if you go for commerce then you will be eligible for fashion designing......

as you like drawing lines you might want to take a career out of it...by fashion designing....

best of luck...
thanks.. but i dont want to leave away my 5 years in fine arts.Is there any 1 year cource of it? And i'm also bright student in study.people say that i have to take science but i feel that my maths is poor and medical line is also irritating 4 me.If there will in 12th std, i cant get more % then its risky.Am i right?is there more scops in commerce?is commerce right line 4 me?through commerce i can enter in desighning line?pls give me answer soon.......
3rd May 2010, 03:23 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
you can have three combination .....
you can choose only maths.....this make a combination...pcm...and so you will be eligible only for engineering and not any other field.....

if you choose biology ....the combination will be pcb....and you will be eligible for medical entrance exams........

if you choose maths and biology both then you will be eligible for almost all the entrance exams....like..NDA , engineering,medical.,etc.....

best of luck
3rd May 2010, 03:55 PM
sonal goel

Dear,
My personla opinion would be you should go for science wid biology as your main subject. THere is lot of scope in medical field. You can explore various sections in this and serve the people,which is bette than any other profession.
You shoul go for biology and prepare for various medical entrance exams along with your 11th and 12th. In this awy you will save your time and will get very well versed with basic concepts.
After your 12th exam you can appear for CPMT pre nad AIIMS and various others.

Gud luck!!!!!!!!
3rd May 2010, 05:50 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppu View Post
Hello,

thanks. PPU
HI
It depends on what your favourite subjects are. If you like physics, chemistry, maths, you could go for science. If you like languages, history, geography, etc, go for arts. If you are good with numbers, go for commerce. These are the best choices.
In Arts-
B.A, B.F.A, B.A.LLB
Good luck
5th May 2010, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

hiiiii..I have given my 10th.i m bright in study.people say that i have to tke science,but i m poor in maths and i dont like also medical line.i like desighning.so can i choose commerce?is there more scopes in it?i dont want to do fine arts bcoz it is 5 yr cours and i dnt wnt to leave away my 5 yrs in it.is the commerce right line 4 me?can i enter in desighning line through commerce?which line is best 4 me??????pls give me ans soon.....
5th May 2010, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

hi i just apeared for my 10th boards i am not intrested in chemistry and physics but love biology and micro biology wat do u think is best option for me plzzzzzzzzz help me
5th May 2010, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Dear,
You are right and you should go for that field in which you are having your interest because it is you only who have to study.
You can go for commerce but you should take maths along with that because it opeans a wide variety of career after 12th..
if you are not good at maths then don't worry you can work hard and will achieve what you want.
further, for your designing course you can choose fine arts as your optional subject in class 11th and 12th and after that you can go for various designing courses available....

Good Luck!!!!!!
8th May 2010, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

what can i do after 10th fro U P board for doctor?
10th May 2010, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

hi iam kiran i feel maths very hard i just want to know that i gave my 10th and want to opt science i just want to know is there any need for maths
11th May 2010, 11:41 AM
nikitay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi iam kiran i feel maths very hard i just want to know that i gave my 10th and want to opt science i just want to know is there any need for maths
Hi!! Dear
If u r interested in taking science i.e.PCB then u do not need to take Maths..

All the Best!!
19th May 2010, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of medical
20th May 2010, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

hii...i have just passed 10th and want to go for fashion designing as my ambition...so which stream would be good for me if i hate maths...and don't want to go for fine arts....and if i chose commerce people say that accounts would be very hard for me as i m not good in maths....so plz let me know soon which stream would be perfect for me.....
24th May 2010, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

oh my dear there are so many fiels in medical like b.s.e., m.s.e., agricultural field
24th May 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

hello I HAVE GIVEN 10 EXAMS I DONT LIKE MATHS . I STUDY BIO WELL I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE SCOPE IN MEDICAL;.
24th May 2010, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Oh my dear if u have this probelm then leave the maths yaar , or take maths as optional subject, and go to medical field there is a lot of scope in medical like doctor, m.s.e. , b.s.e., agricultural ,research.
26th May 2010, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

hello im sangeetha..i, interested in doin fashion technology..but im not interested in maths physics n chemistry...whc group shld i take in 11th ??
27th May 2010, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiii.I just completed my 10th.Iam very much intrested in maths and science.can i take bio group or 1st group(physics ,chemistry,maths,computer)which one has good scope and job oppurtunities?pls guide me.
28th May 2010, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
this is mohit gupta here.
I passed 10th class with 62% from cbse school.
I am week in maths and i want to take biology in class 11th.
I got 60 marks in science.
so i want to ask that this percentage and marks are sufficent
to take biology or science in class 11th.

please co-operate me.
thank you,
mohit gupta
barwani(m.p.)
29th May 2010, 04:31 AM
drdo99
Banned

dear friend,
fine to hear from you.Man is a social creature.
Carrer is a part of the occupation,throgh which you survive the world.
So, its your thought how you give to your life.
medical to make you doctor,through arts passge to contemporary subjects.
1st June 2010, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

if we get above 60% in 10th which stream should i join
1st June 2010, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

is it good if we get 60% in 10th & to join arts if yes which college is good to join in pune?
2nd June 2010, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

hello..i've recently passed icse wid 85%..i wanna go for medical..i've a disliking for maths n wanted to quit it for 11th std..but my problem is tat i've an option between maths n hindi..in school i had taken assamese instead of hindi..i had hindi only for 3 years..n so m out of practice..i cant even take ip for, i had taken economics in school instead of computer..in the option between bio and computer, i'll be taking bio..i can't take hindi..but for tat will hve to take maths..m not quite acquainted wid the cbse 11th std subjects..is there any option between maths and bio???if yes then where??
7th June 2010, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

hello..
i appeared 4 10th std dis year...
i m horribly confused as what to choose....
i have intrest in physichs...maths....bio....i also lyk to communicate wid people....getting solutions to thier problems just as an entrepreneur........i love music....
as of now...i have an intrest for going into the medical field.....bt i m an average student scoring anywhere between 75%-80%....i wanna b a paedratic...but i am getting confused between medical and engeneering ..my parents think i m an arts student and also i can do engeneering.....so what to do now??
if i take science....den which subject shud i opt for....?? pcm??pcb?? or pcmb?? if i take pcmb...then would it b vry difficult for me to cope up wid dis??? pls..help me out!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?