27th December 2011, 08:18 PM
sonali priyadarsoni

What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?

what i do after completing B.sc in physics
give me guidance on this.

28th December 2011, 01:40 PM
Davidvilla9

Smile Re: What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali priyadarsoni View Post
hello friend,

There are many scope for you after your bsc physics.

You can opt for MSC in Astrophysics (if interested). Astrophysics is very good field. you can also do phd in astrophysics after your msc and can join great research centers like ISRO,RAMAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE. as an scientist having high salary.

You can also go for MSC in oceanography, marine etc......

best of luck....

YHANKS....!!!!!!
27th June 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?

is bsc in physics honos a better option than bsc with phy chem maths for future career in astrophysics,also if bsc with phy maths and stas is better option over bsc with phy chem maths for msc in astrophysics
13th December 2012, 12:04 AM
Vikas hrc

Thumbs up Re: What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonali priyadarsoni View Post
Hello friend,

B.Sc Physics stands for Bachelor of Science in Physics.
This is an undergraduate course of 3 years duration which can be done after passing 12th from a recognised board.
There are many Colleges and Univeristies in India offering this course and the admission in most of the colleges is based
on the percentage obtained in Class 12th board exam.
However,there are some Colleges which conduct their entrance tests for admission in this course.

Well,the top 10 Colleges in India for B.Sc Physics are:-
1.St. Stephens College,Delhi University.
2.St. Xaviers College,Mumbai.
3.Loyola College,Chennai.
4.St. Xaviers College,Kolkata.
5.Presidency College,Kolkata.
6.Christ College,Bangalore.
7.Hans Raj College,Delhi University.
8.Fergusson College,Pune.
9.Madras Christian College,Chennai.
10.Hindu College,Delhi University.

After you complete this course,you have options to go for:-
1.Higher Studies.
2.Job.
3.Research.

Regarding higher studies,you can go for M.Sc or MBA as per your interests.There are many streams in M.Sc which you can opt like:-
1.M.Sc in Physics.
2.M.Sc in Geophysics.
3.M.Sc in Medical Physics.
4.M.Sc in Applied Physics.
5.M.Sc in Bio Physics.
6.M.Sc in Engineering Physics.

After you complete M.Sc,you can appear for NET (National Eligibility Test) and can do P.hd.

Now talking about employment opportunities,you can get a job in both private as well as public sector enterprises.
The main employment areas for a Physics graduate are:-
1.Aviation Industry.
2.Construction Firms.
3.Research Institutes.
4.Laboratories and Institutes.
5.Educational Institutes.
6.Power Generating Companies.
7.Hospitals.

So,from the above,you can see that there are lots of scopes of B.Sc Physics.

I hope you found the information satisfactory.

Thanks.

With Regards-
Vikas.

Quote:
Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better.
23rd June 2023, 06:08 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?

After completing a B.Sc in Physics, you have several options to consider for your career or further education. Here are some potential paths you can explore:

Higher Education: You can pursue a Master's degree (M.Sc) in Physics or a related field to deepen your knowledge and specialize in a particular area of interest. A Master's degree can open up more advanced career opportunities and research positions.

Research and Academia: If you have a passion for research, you can consider joining a research institution or university as a research assistant or associate. This will allow you to work on cutting-edge projects, contribute to scientific advancements, and potentially pursue a Ph.D. in Physics for further specialization.

Teaching: If you enjoy sharing knowledge and have a passion for education, you can pursue a career in teaching. You can become a lecturer or professor at colleges, universities, or educational institutions. You may need to obtain additional qualifications such as a teaching degree or certification to pursue teaching roles.

Industrial and Applied Physics: Physics graduates are in demand in various industries, including technology, engineering, energy, healthcare, aerospace, and telecommunications. You can explore job opportunities in research and development, data analysis, engineering, technical consulting, or scientific instrumentation.

Science Communication and Journalism: If you have strong communication skills and enjoy popularizing science, you can consider a career in science communication. You can work as a science writer, science journalist, or engage in science outreach and education programs to make science accessible to the public.

Government Jobs: Government organizations and agencies employ physicists for roles related to research, policy-making, and regulation. Examples include national laboratories, space agencies, defense organizations, and environmental agencies.

Entrepreneurship: If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you can start your own business or venture related to physics-based technologies, scientific consulting, or innovation in the field.

Interdisciplinary Fields: Physics knowledge can be applied to various interdisciplinary fields such as biophysics, computational physics, materials science, and environmental science. You can explore opportunities in these areas and collaborate with experts from other disciplines.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?