3rd June 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a cadet? I have passed HSC with 55%

Sir i have pass hsc with 55 % but 48 in pcm can i do deck cadet if yes wat should i do n if no that what should i do to become cadet i want to join cadet only plz sir its my dream what should i do?

6th June 2012, 06:17 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a cadet? I have passed HSC with 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i have pass hsc with 55 % but 48 in pcm can i do deck cadet if yes wat should i do n if no that what should i do to become cadet i want to join cadet only plz sir its my dream what should i do?
There are basically two ways to join Merchant Navy after qualifying +2 level of examination with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
You may either apply for the position of Deck Cadet in shipping companies or you may pursue B.Sc in Nautical Science.
Now, in order to pursue B.Sc/B.Tech in Nautical Science, one must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in the +2 level of examination. However, for candidates belonging to SC/ST category, the required percentage of marks is relaxed upto 5%. Since you have scored 55% in the qualifying examination with 48% in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, you will not be considered eligible to pursue the course from any recognized institute. As per the percentage of marks you have scored in the qualifying examination, it also won't be possible to pursue bachelors degree program in engineering discipline which might make you eligible to join Merchant Navy. So, try and approach good placement companies specializing in jobs in Merchant Ships in order to find a way to join the Merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?