30th September 2018, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to make career in Marine after completing 12th PCM?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am preparing for the Board exam of 12th with PCM stream. I don't know what to do after my Intermediate. I want to make my career in Marine. So, please let me know what should I do?

2nd October 2018, 12:05 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to make career in Marine after completing 12th PCM?

If you are looking for making your career in Marine, then you can do anyone of the following bachelor course.
  • B.E or B.Tech in Marine Engineering,
  • B.Sc Nautical Science
  • B.E Harbor and Ocean Engineering

As you have done 12th from PCM stream, so you are eligible for pursuing anyone of the above bachelor course.

Some of the top colleges in India from where you can pursue these courses are listed below:
  • Institute of Technology & Marine Engineering (ITME) Kolkata
  • B.P. Marine Academy Navi Mumbai
  • TS Rahaman Mumbai
  • Indian Maritime University (IMU) Chennai
  • Coimbatore Marine College (CMC) Coimbatore
  • Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)
  • Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai
  • International Maritime Institute (IMI) Delhi
  • Vels Academy of Maritime Studies Chennai
  • Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET) Pune
2nd October 2018, 09:47 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to make career in Marine after completing 12th PCM?

The minimum educational qualifications for pursuing a bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering or nautical science is plus two or equivalent with higher percentage of marks in Science subjects such as physics, chemistry and mathematics.
These courses are offered year duration.

Entrance Tests:

AICET

MERI

GATE

IMU CET

IIT JEE
2nd October 2018, 09:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to join Marine engineering Degree Course of 4 years duration after completing your 12th standard with PCM you have to qualify one of the entrance test given below:

AICET

MERI

GATE

IIT JEE

IMU CET
2nd October 2018, 09:56 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The qualification is only 12th pass out or equivalent.

You need to get good marks in 12th, but some colleges have management quota as well.

TS Chanakya, Mumbai, and the Marine Engineering Research Institute, Calcutta are the two main training centres for Marine Engineers. Other institutes entrance exams are held in the month of May every year at various centres all over India followed by Viva - voice and medical examination .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?