28th March 2019, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to study MBBS and become a Doctor after completion of Matriculation?

Hi, I have passed my 10th exams now and want to become a Doctor. So, waht should I study now in order to become a Doctor with MBBS degree? Do I need to completed Intermediate also or can I take direct admission in MBBS in any colleges in India?

31st March 2019, 08:44 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study MBBS and become a Doctor after completion of Matriculation?

You are not eligible to get admission in MBBS course after 10th. MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery. Candidates are eligible to get admission in MBBS course after qualifying in NEET.

The common eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper.

So, you have to pursue PCB in 12th to get admission in MBBS course.
31st March 2019, 10:23 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study MBBS and become a Doctor after completion of Matriculation?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The admission to MBBS course is done through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is conducted by NTA every year for admission in MBBS and BDS course.

The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NEET exam is 12th passed from a recognized board with PCB subjects. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th board examination is required.
31st March 2019, 10:48 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course and it is a professional degree course of five and a half years after completing which one head towards becoming a doctor.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue the same degree course is Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category ) from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 10th to become a doctor, you need to opt for Science stream with PCB group subjects as main in order to pursue MBBS degree course and therefore to become a doctor later.
31st March 2019, 01:30 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> First of all, you are not eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course after completing your 10th class.

=> In order to study Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course, the candidate should have passed 12th class with PCB subjects from a recognized board.

=> My suggestion to you is that you should go for the science stream with PCB subjects in your 11th and 12th class.

=> After completing your 12th class, you have to appear in the NEET examination to secure MBBS admission in Good govt medical college.

=> The duration of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course is 5 and 1/2 years.
31st March 2019, 01:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

2. The qualification required for MBBS course is 12th passed from a recognized board with PCB subjects.

3. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

4. Apply for NTA NEET exam and secure good rank for admission in MBBS course.
31st March 2019, 03:40 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course.

Eligibility criteria for MBBS course:

~~Qualification required is 12th passed from a recognized board with PCB as compulsory subjects.

~~Minimum percentage of marks required is 50%.

You must have good NEET rank to get admission in good medical college for MBBS course.
31st March 2019, 05:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue MBBS course after 12th then you have to pursue 12th in PCB and have to qualify in NEET.

NEET is National Eligibility Entrance Test. It is conducted for admission in MBBS or other medical course. The common eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB.

The minimum required aggregate in 12th is 50%. So, you must have to do smart and hard work to qualify in the examination.
31st March 2019, 07:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

After matriculation, you must pursue 12th in science stream from a recognized board. In science stream, you need to select Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

The minimum age criteria is 17 years.

Then you need to apply for NTA NEET exam for admission in MBBS course.
31st March 2019, 08:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

One can pursue MBBS course after qualifying in NEET, AIIMS MBBS or JIPMER.

The common examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB.

So, you have to pursue 12th in PCB after 10th. You are not eligible to get direct admission in MBBS after 10th.
31st March 2019, 09:08 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you are certainly required to pursue intermediate degree course after your Class 10th to pursue MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Sugery ) degree course as there is no direct enroute from Class 10th to MBBS degree course.

Further, to pursue MBBS degree course, you are required to opt for Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects for your intermediate studies.

Also, to pursue MBBS degree from any medical college in India, you need to qualify NEET, AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
31st March 2019, 09:36 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery. It is five year course.

To get admission in the course you have to appear and qualify in NEET.

The eligibility is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have PCB in 12th.

Passed candidate must have scored minimum 50% aggregate.

So, if you have the required qualification then you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission and not eligible to get admission directly after 10th.
31st March 2019, 10:25 PM
KITE RUNNER

HI, Happy to hear you that you have completed your matriculation!
Well to be real with you, you have to complete your intermediate with physics, chemistry, and biology as a subject. if you clear your intermediate examination you will be directed to sit in competitive examination so be prepare while you are in intermediate or you can take the break for the preparation.Well if you clear the NEET examination with good result you will get the desired college for doing the MBBS.
31st March 2019, 10:29 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Doctor profession is a nobel one. They are regarded as second to god because of their effort and service to humans and mankind.

A tenth passed candidate needs to pursue 12th with Biology stream. You must select PCB subject for NEET exam.

Candidate's NEET rank decided government or private college for admission in MBBS course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?