10th September 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

How to join Army as a Doctor after the completion of MBBS?

How to join army as a doctor after completing mbbs?
my dream is to join army.

10th September 2011, 06:41 PM
archijaleel

Default Re: How to join Army as a Doctor after the completion of MBBS?

You have two options available. You can go through the Short Service Commission or AFMC Cadet Entry. The eligibility for both entries are different. In the SSC the applicant can be up to the age of 45 years and must acquire a medical certificate from a recognized university by the Medical council of India. Candidates are obliged to be registered with any of the Indian state council or its equivalent. As for the AFMS cadet entry, candidates must have a 10+2 with PCB with not less than 60% of marks. If you get admission to MBBS in AFMC, then it will be very easy to enter into the army as an MBBS doctor. Or else, if you are a student in other recognized college other than AFMC then you have to apply for vacant posts which will be advertised in the employment news for the army doctors post. Main criterion a candidate must keep in mind is to possess a medical qualification and to have a permanent registration from any State Medical Council.
4th October 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

i an doing mbbs ist year from pmch dhanbad jharkhand how can i join indian army after completion of mbbs from college to serve to the nation and for the country person.
12th December 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Respectd members, i m permenant resident of J and K ,i hv compltd my mbbs frm jammu and kashmir in 2010 sept n my internshp on 31st oct 2011,i hv compltd my al documets including degree,internshp certificates,state medical council,delhi medical council regstration,now i want to join indian army plz let me know the procedure.
27th January 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I'm an NCC cadet.Can I get any reservation seat for the AFMC entrance exam?
4th February 2012, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

sir ,in 1 year how many times we get chance to enter defence as a medical officer after completing or while doing internship?
4th February 2012, 04:34 PM
rvidyasagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,I'm an NCC cadet.Can I get any reservation seat for the AFMC entrance exam?
Sorry! There is no such reservation for NCC cadets in the AFMC entrance exam.

Please do well in the normal quota.

All the best.
21st March 2012, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

how to join army ? can i apply now ? tell me details of exam how to join ?
24th August 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i completed my mbbs in china ,i came to india back because my goal is to join doctor in miltary ,can you please tell me what should i do now
25th August 2012, 03:02 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
if u join army doctor then u are obliged to be registered with any of the Indian state council or its equivalent. As for the AFMS cadet entry, candidates must have a 10+2 with PCB with not less than 60% of marks
or
you have to apply for vacant posts which will be advertised in the employment news for the army doctors post

good luck
3rd June 2015, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m an mbbs student currently in the eighth semesyer and looking forward to join Indian army after completion of my internship in the upcoming years. So will it be better for me to join the army afyer mbbs or after completing my mbbs and if I join army after mbbs will I be able to complete my pg from the Indian army schools..?
8th July 2015, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, I'm about to complete my internship in 2 months registered by mci , after getting into the army with an MBBS degree how can I pursue my further education?is their a Pg quota further to help us complete our pg
21st April 2021, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir after completing ssc in army can I be eligible for getting pg seat in afmc under priority 1
6th June 2021, 04:23 PM
Afreen0786

First of all, in order to join army, one who has completed MBBS must have passed National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - NEET PG entrance exam to pursue Masters of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD) or PG DIploma in AFMS PG medical admissions .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?