18th March 2019, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

What should I study in Intermediate to become an Interior Designer?

Hi Sir/Madam, I have given the Board exam of 10th standard. My aim is to become an Interior Designer. I would like to know that what I should study in my Intermediate to achieve my aim? Please tell me immediately.

21st March 2019, 11:59 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Default Re: What should I study in Intermediate to become an Interior Designer?

To take up interior designer course the best stream which you can choose is science as taking up science stream will open up many options for you
You can select physics , math , chemistry as your main subjects in 12 standard
22nd March 2019, 07:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No particular subject is required to do interior designing.

Any streams students with any subject he/ she would have studied in class 12th can apply in Interior Designing course.

Eligibility criteria for interior designing course:-
The candidate should have passed 12th from a recognised board with at least 50% marks.

Some Institute conduct entrance exam for judging the aptitude for interior designing course.

Degree, Diploma and Certificate courses are available in Interior Designing course.
23rd March 2019, 11:55 AM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

You would need to have minimum education requirement for interior designers which is a bachelor's degree.
You can pursue bachelor of Interior designing which is of 4 years duration having 8 semesters.

You can pursue BACHELOR OF DESIGN (INTERIOR DESIGN): which is of 3 years duration. You can pursue BACHELOR OF ARTS (INTERIOR DESIGN)
Once you are awarded with BA (Interior Design) you will not be permitted to rejoin for B.Des. (Interior Design).

You must have pass in 10+2 or 3 years Diploma or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board / University, with minimum 50 % aggregate marks or equivalent to join any of the above courses.
28th March 2019, 05:59 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for Interior Designer
=======================

The candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with 50% marks.In this course you can do bachelor or diploma , its duration is 3 years.

Entrance exams are conducted by some institutes/colleges.
7th April 2019, 03:26 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Hi,

You study any stream in your intermediate. Neither it won't effect you nor it won't help you either because Interior designing course just required 10+2 students.

It doesn't demand any particular stream candidates. So study can stream you want to study after your 10th and then after completing your 12th class take admission to interior designing course and fulfill your aim.

Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?