2nd June 2018, 11:19 PM
Eeishu

What to opt in Higher Secondary in order to study and become Interior Designer?

Which stream should I opt for my Higher Secondary if I want to become an Interior Designer? Can I take MPC stream (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) to become an Interior Designer?

4th June 2018, 05:56 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to opt in Higher Secondary in order to study and become Interior Designer?

There are a large number of institutes in India offering different courses to help build a career in this field.
Candidates who wish to pursue post graduate degree in Interior Designing course should either be qualified engineers in the field of architecture and design or a bachelor's degree in interior designing or a professional diploma degree in design. Admission in most of the institutes is through a written exam and interview.

There is no restriction that you have to choose any particular stream hence you can choose the stream in which you are interested and thereafter you can choose interior designing as a career after 12th.

Entrance Exam:

Common Entrance Exam for Design(CEED)

NIFT

AIEED

UCEED

Pearl Academy

NATA
4th June 2018, 10:41 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to opt in Higher Secondary in order to study and become Interior Designer?

For becoming interior designer you need to study graduation level degree in interior designing.

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in Interior Designing is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 3 years.

The eligibility required for studying this course is a 10+2 or its equivalent education in any stream with minimum 50% from any recognized board.

So, you can choose any stream in higher secondary education and complete it with good percentage.
There are few universities which conduct entrance exam for giving admissions into their university and few universities give direct admission based on the previous years performance.
5th June 2018, 06:09 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Any particular stream is not declared in Intermediate that is why you can pursue Intermediate from any of the stream.
But after completing Intermediate you need to clear NIFT entrance test and then select Interior Designing as stream at the time of admission.
You can also get direct admission. You have both the option. You can choose any one of them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?