17th July 2019, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

What should be the minimum qualification to become a College Lecturer?

My graduation is with 37% & post graduation is with 59%. I want to become a College Lecturer. So, is this qualification enough? Or, do I need any further qualification? What should I study further?

20th July 2019, 02:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the minimum qualification to become a College Lecturer?

You are eligible to become lecturer in government college. The required minimum educational qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for the recruitment examination is that candidate must have scored minimum 55% aggregate in the master degree.

No age limit to appear for the recruitment as lecturer.

Examination is conducted by UGC as NET and by state government as SET.
20th July 2019, 09:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the minimum qualification to become a College Lecturer?

To be a lecturer in any recognized college, you are required to qualify entrance examinations such as NET(National Eligibility Test)/SET (State Eligibility Test) conducted by concerned examination body.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in NET/SET is a Master's degree in concerned paper with at least 55% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates from SC/ST or PH category.

So, having completed your post graduation degree course wiith 59% marks, you are certainly qualified enough to become a college lecturer by qualifying NET/SET examination in your concerned paper.
20th July 2019, 10:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To become lecturer in government college candidates have to appear and qualify in the NET or SET.

The required minimum educational qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate. There is no age limit to appear for the examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination as per your educational qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?