10th April 2019, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

What should be the minimum qualification and experience required for Bank Manager post of Government Banks?

Hi, I'm a B.Com qualified candidate and currently working in a private bank as a Cashier. I wanted to know about the minimum education required and practical experience requirement for the post of Bank Managers or Government banks?

14th April 2019, 07:15 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should be the minimum qualification and experience required for Bank Manager post of Government Banks?

You will not directly become a bank manager, the entry channel is bank PO (Probationary Officer). To become a bank PO in any of the government bank in India you have to appear for any of two following entrance examinations:
1) I.B.P.S PO
2) S.B.I PO
If you clear the PO exam you will join as Assistant manager (Scale 1 Officer). After one promotion you will become manager.

The minimum educational requirement to apply for bank PO is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
No experience is required to apply for bank PO. Freshers are eligible.
14th April 2019, 07:17 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should be the minimum qualification and experience required for Bank Manager post of Government Banks?

You will not directly become a bank manager, the entry channel is bank PO (Probationary Officer). To become a bank PO in any of the government bank in India you have to appear for any of two following entrance examinations:
1) I.B.P.S PO
2) S.B.I PO
If you clear the PO exam you will join as Assistant manager (Scale 1 Officer). After one promotion you will become manager.

The minimum educational requirement to apply for bank PO is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

No experience is required to apply for bank PO. Freshers are eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?