6th January 2012, 09:03 AM
sangeeeeeee

What to study between MSc, Microbiology and MBA? I have completed BSc Microbiology

hello sir i completed bsc microbiology i dont know what to study either msc micro or mba

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  2. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
  3. How to study through distance in MSc Microbiology? I have completed BSc Microbiology
  4. What is the scope of B.Sc in Microbiology? Which PG course should I do after that?
  5. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  6. Universities having centers in Delhi/NCR offering MSc in Microbiology? I have completed BSc in Microbiology
  7. Which are the courses available in MSc Microbiology? I have completed BSc Microbiology
  8. How to study MSc Microbiology through distance after completing BSc Microbiology in MG university Kerala
  9. Can I do M.Phil in Agricultural Microbiology after completing BSc Zoology and MSc Microbiology?
  10. After completing BSc MLT with 63% from Janardhan Rai Nagar Vidyapeeth Deemed University can I do MSc Medical Microbiology/Clinical Microbiology?
  11. M.Sc Chemistry or M.Sc Microbiology which one is better? -- [New]
  12. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is this possible to study MBA course having completed B.Sc in Microbiology?
  14. Which course should I take in MSc Medical Microbiology, MSc Clinical Microbiology and MSc Microbiology? Difference between the three?
  15. Can I go for MSc Human Anatomy after completing BSc Microbiology?
  16. How to join MSc Microbiology after completing BSc?
  17. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam for MSc Microbiology?
  18. Which course should I opt for between M.Sc in Clinical Microbiology and M.Sc in Clinical Biochemistry having completed B.Sc MLT?
4th July 2012, 06:20 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study between MSc, Microbiology and MBA? I have completed BSc Microbiology

It really depends of what do you want to do. Both options M.Sc in Micrbiology and MBA are quite rewarding. You should choose the course depending on yout career goal.

For example if you desire to go in field of research or education that M.Sc in Microbiology in the perfect option for you. However if management field suits and you want a responibilitylike a manager that MBA is the right option for you. I have summerised the options you have in both fields. You should go for whatever that looks attractive to you.

Since the career opportunities in microbiology are rising in India, there are various fields where you can pursue a Post Graduate course. These fields include:-

Aero microbiology

Agricultural Microbiology

Cellular Microbiology

Environmental Microbiology

Evolutionary Microbiology

Food microbiology

Generation Microbiology

Inam ur Rehman Microbiology

Industrial Microbiology

Medical Microbiology

Microbial Genetics

Microbial Physiology

Nano Microbiology

Pharmaceutical Microbiology

Soil Microbiology

Veterinary Microbiology

Water Microbiology

M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology)

M.Sc. (Hons.) (Microbiology)

M.Sc. (Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics)

M.Sc. (Microbiology)

Ph.D. (Microbiology)

After completing any of these courses you can get job places such as government hospitals, research organisations, private hospitals, Pharmaceutical Firms. Your salary would be in between the range of Rs 15000 to Rs 20,000 per month. However there is scope for better pay as you gain experience. Starting pay could also be better depending on your qualification, company and percentage of marks obtained in the post graduate course in Microbiology.

You can make a career as:-

Food Microbiologists

Biotechnologist

Environmental Microbiologists

Medical Microbiologists

Geneticists

Biochemist

Parasitologists

You can also choose the profession of teacher and research scientist following the Post Graduate course in Microbiology.

The second option for you is MBA degree after B.Sc in Microbiology. To get admission in MBA, you will have to perform resonably well in Common Admission Test (CAT) or Management Aptitude Test(MAT) entrance exam.

If passed these exams, you can opt for MBA in Life Science. The field of Life Science which is about study of life forms on Earth is of great value. The Life Science course will offer you job in various Pharmaceutical Industries and Government Hospitals as Manager Post.

The two management courses related to Life Science are

MBA in Pharmaceutical Management

MBA in Hospital Management
4th July 2012, 06:34 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study between MSc, Microbiology and MBA? I have completed BSc Microbiology

Ofcourse you should always go for M.Sc in microbiology if you have good marks at graduation level since the scope of microbiology is very good these days. After completing your post graduation course you can easily look for jobs in various sectors.

Following are the career opportunities for microbiologists in India:-

>Virologists
>Teachers

>Biotechnologist

>Biochemist

>Parasitologists

>Immunologists

>Protozoologists

>Mycologists

>Food Microbiologists

>Environmental Microbiologists

>Bacteriologists

>Medical Microbiologist

Top Colleges Offering M.Sc in Microbiology in India are:-

Punjab Agricultural University

Kurukshetra University

University of Delhi, Delhi

Dolphin Institute of Bio-Medical and Natural Sciences

Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology

Sardar Patel University

Osmania University, Faculty of Science

Maharshi Dayanand University
4th July 2012, 07:21 PM
DTDconsultancy

Hi sangeeeeeee,

You should go a head with Microbiology because this is one of the emerging field and you will get specialization in your field which will help you to grow long time in your field.
But you opt for MBA you can enter in the field of hospital management that will be a better option as well.
Now this is all depends on you what you think to get specialization or general education.
Besisde this if you are extrovert you can opt MBA and if you are introvert you can opt for MSc. Please feel free to ask more [email protected]
4th July 2012, 07:28 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
Well both course are good and have scope also.But its depnds on you in which you have more interest.
In my personal opinion you should do MSc,Microbiology,because for that your base is prepared and you will not face problems while doing MSc in microbiology.And you can get more and more knowledge in microbiology and make your future bright.After that you can do:
Food Microbiologist
Medical Microbiologist
and etc.

But if you are interested in management then you should o MBA.MBA fully based on management.You can go with MBA easily if you have more interest in management then microbiology.
Good Luck
27th October 2014, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir i am doing bsc from micribiology.i wanted to know its future in public as well as private sector.pls list the best colleges in india offering its pg.pls do rpl.
26th July 2015, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

what to study between Msc,microbiology and MBA? In which field scope is more and in which field we can earn more money?
8th February 2016, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have completed my M.Sc microbialogy. Since i did not get job after M.Sc now i am doing M.B.A. Marketing.vi know both are different field. Now my question to you what i do after MBA. I shall have both degrees after MBA. Which field would be better for me in terms of job in private sector i.e MBA or M.Sc
23rd October 2016, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

I had completed b.sc biochemistry...Now i'm confused either to do m.sc biochemistry or to do MBA in hospital management..can anyone guide me...which has the better future??? Which has high scope??
5th July 2017, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

To get the admission in MSc microbiology how much percentage should we have in graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?