2nd July 2012, 01:18 PM
raghuram6461

What syllabus to prepare for RRB Common Entrance Exam? Model Question Papers for this Exam?

what is the syllabus for common entrance for rrb 2012?if available plz give model paper?

2nd July 2012, 05:34 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What syllabus to prepare for RRB Common Entrance Exam? Model Question Papers for this Exam?

RRB eligibility criteria:-

>To appy for this post you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

>You should also have the proficiency in local language.

Age limit for various posts:-

For assistant post :- 18-28 years

For scale I officer post :- 18-28 years

For scale II officer post :- 21-32 years

For scale III officer post :- 20-30 years.

There is age relaxation upto five years for the SC/ST candidates and upto three years for the OBC candidates.

Syllabus for the exam:-

1. General Awareness- Current Affairs, Major Financial/Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Sports, Books and Authors, Science - Inventions and Discoveries, Awards and Honours, Important Days, Abbreviations.

2. Analytical and quantitative skills-
A. Verbal:- Number Series, Alphabet Series, Test of Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding, Number Ranking, Arithmetical Reasoning, Analogy, Decision Making.
B. Non Verbal:- Mirror Images, Cubes and Dice, Grouping Identical Figures, Embedded Figures.

3. General Arithmetic:- Number System, HCF, LCM, Simplification, Decimal Fractions, Ratio and Proportions, Unitary Method, Percentage, Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Average, Algebra, Data Interpretation, Mensuration.

4. Language-general hindi/ general english

5. Technical questions which is your profession related and can be tricky.

Refer to the thumbnail for the exam pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IBPS_RRB_EXAM_SYLLABUS.JPG
Views:	5089
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	98614  
2nd July 2012, 08:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What syllabus to prepare for RRB Common Entrance Exam? Model Question Papers for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram6461 View Post
what is the syllabus for common entrance for rrb 2012?if available plz give model paper?
Syllabus and Question Paper of RRB Common Entrance Exam

RRB conduct so many exam so maximum exams have their own eligibility criteria.There are various post for 10th standard , 12th standard , ITI ,Diploma ,Graduate ,MBA ,CA .

Selection process for RRB exams are Written Test followed by Personal Interview.

I have attached the Syllabus and Question paper of RRB exam so please check it out.This papers are really helpful for you.Observe the pattern of these papers.

29th July 2012, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/madam
My name is Mathan. Now i am doing B.E third year (electronics and instrumentation engineering).I dont know i am eligible or not for the rrb exam at the final year of my graduation degree and is there any jobs related to my department related.If i am eligible means plz send the syllabus for exam and how many times the exam conduct per year and also tell me which type of book i want to refer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?