2nd June 2012, 11:52 AM
snehamehta

What will be the duration to become an IAS? Exam pattern and syllabus to prepare for this Exam?

good morning sir,
I want to ask the duration to become IAS and also what is pattern of exam and what syllabus and all details about the IAS.please give me duration first.

6th June 2012, 02:49 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be the duration to become an IAS? Exam pattern and syllabus to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snehamehta View Post
good morning sir,
I want to ask the duration to become IAS and also what is pattern of exam and what syllabus and all details about the IAS.please give me duration first.
One can become IAS (Indian Administrative Services) Officer by qualifying the following stages:
  • Bachelors Degree Program in any stream from a recognized university.
  • Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
As soon you qualify all these stages, you will be eligible to join the Indian Administrative Services as an Officer. Now, as far as the Civil Service Examination is concerned, it is conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission and comprise of two stages of written examination and an Interview. The first stage of the Civil Service Service Examination is called Preliminary Exam and the second stage is known as Main Exam.

Format of the Examination

Preliminary Exam:
General Studies- 200 marks (Compulsory)
Civil Service Aptitude Test- 200 marks (Compulsory)

Main Exam:
One Indian Language- 300 marks
English- 300 marks
Essay- 200 marks
General Studies- 300 marks
Optional Paper:
Four Papers comprising of 300 marks each.

For more detail, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
6th June 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What will be the duration to become an IAS? Exam pattern and syllabus to prepare for this Exam?

sir,
give me idea about books and how to prepare for general studies and in aptitude test which subjects cover?
as student of IT engineering which subject need to taken from optional subject.
give me full scheme of all subject in detail.
10th July 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

What will be the duration become an IAS
5th December 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

what will be duration to complete ias course.
10th January 2013, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i want to know about the duration to become an IAS officer.
15th January 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

tell me about the duration to be the IAS officer
30th September 2013, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

what is the test duration of prelims and mains ?
30th September 2013, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

what is the test duration of prelims and mains ??
22nd April 2014, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the approximate interview (PT) time duration for a candidate in Civil services?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?