7th January 2020, 05:31 PM
Priyanka punia

What would be best to study at Master's level after B.Sc Mathematics?

I am doing B.Sc. Mathematics Hons. from Hindu College, Delhi University. Now I am in the second year. I am very confused now about future. Please tell me all the options what I can do after graduation and what will be the best option for me?

9th January 2020, 09:11 PM
Afna Sulaiman

Default Re: What would be best to study at Master's level after B.Sc Mathematics?

Hi Priyanka,If you are truly interested in studying mathematics ,the best option is to continue this stream,you can go for Masters after completing the graduation.Or you can opt for statistics after graduation.There are plenty of options you can go for after graduation on mathematics,You can do Masters in business administration,If you are interested in literature you can go for that!There are so many competitive exams you can attempt for after completing graduation.The most important thing that determines your future is solely your interests and aspirations.
10th January 2020, 01:41 PM
anaspeer

Default Re: What would be best to study at Master's level after B.Sc Mathematics?

You have taken a field that has many options to go through.

You can go to teaching / banking / government / business and many fields.

If you want to pursue higher studies, first you have to decide which field are you interested in.

If you want teaching field, you have to do M.Sc in mathematics & apply for teaching jobs.

If related to business, you can do MBA in finance and go ahead for additional certifications like Chartered Financial Analyst / Certified Financial Planner and you could go really a higher position in a good company.

For Goverment jobs, you can apply for all public sectors as they consider B.Sc. Mathematics.
10th January 2020, 08:42 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

After B.Sc (Mathematics), you can pursue higher studies or apply for job depends on your career goals and interest. If you have an interest in mathematics and want to make a career in teaching profession or research sector, then you should pursue advanced courses in mathematics such as M.Sc (Mathematics) and then M.Phil (Mathematics) and Ph.D (Mathematics).

Job Sectors After B.Sc (Mathematics)
- Banks
- Financial Institutions
- IT Firms
- Research Firms
- Consultancies
- Government Organizations
10th January 2020, 10:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Studies after B.Sc. Mathematics:

The best option is you can go for MSc in mathematics.

If you have interest in Computer Science, then you can go for MCA.

If you have interest in IT field, then you can of MSc in information technology.

You can also go for MBA if you have interest in business.

Career Opportunities:

You can apply in these sectors:

Software, Insurance, market research, banking sector
10th January 2020, 10:52 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Personally I would like to suggest you to go for MSc in mathematics after completion of Bsc in mathematics because then you will have a fruitful future ahead as you are going to have masters degree in your subject.

However, depending upon your interest you can choose MBA, MCA etc.

There are also Jobs available for these graduates in government sector. Various exams are conducted by UPSC every year for recruiting these graduates to several posts.
Some of the exams are:

Tax Assistant Exam

Statistical Investigator Exam

Combined Graduate Level exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?