8th February 2018, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Is is necessary to chose Mathematics in 11th to study Genetics later at Graduate and Masters level?

I am an 11th student I have chosen PCB subject combination, is it necessary to have Mathematics subject in order to study Genetics at graduate level? If not, than how much marks (minimum) are required to qualify for entrance exam and to get admission in good college to study Genetics?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become Human Geneticist? Should I study Biotechnology or MBSS at graduate level and than specialize in Human Genetics?
  2. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Whether University of Oxford offer BS in Genetics course?
  4. Can we study Genetics after MBBS course? Names of the universities offering the course? Is genetics available in AIIMS(Delhi)?
  5. Study genetics after completing MBBS?
  6. Can I do M.Sc in Maths after B.Tech Mechanical?
  7. Should I take Maths as an optional subject to study in 11th Commerce?
  8. Which stream to opt for in 11th to study Wedding Planning and Management? Which are the courses at graduate level?
  9. Which subject are to choose in school if one want to study aeronautic engineer?
  10. What are the career opportunities available in India after completing Masters in Forensic Genetics with Human Identification and Masters in Biomedical Genetics from University of Wolverhampton, UK?
  11. How to study Genetics after completing MBBS course?
  12. How to study Aeronautical Engineering at Masters level completing Graduation in Electrical Engineering?
  13. Preparation strategies to appear in IAS Exam after 10th Class with 97.08% marks
  14. Can a HSC with PCB without Mathematics study Genetic Engineering course? How can I apply for an education loan at Yes Bank?
  15. Which stream to opt for 11th or 12th class in order to study Photography courses at graduate level? -- [New]
  16. Requirements to be eligible for teaching Mathematics at Inter Level
  17. Can I study M.Sc(Mathematics) being a Bachelor of Arts graduate in Mathematics, Economics, & Public Administration?
  18. Scope and job opportunities of Masters in Microbiology and Genetics?
15th May 2018, 10:12 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is is necessary to chose Mathematics in 11th to study Genetics later at Graduate and Masters level?

Yes, it is mandatory to complete your 11th and 12th standard with PCMB combination (i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology) to apply for Genetics at Bachelor and Masters level.

Now a days, most of the reputed colleges admit students for Genetics only if they have studied from PCMB stream. So, you must opt for Mathematics also.
15th May 2018, 04:32 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is is necessary to chose Mathematics in 11th to study Genetics later at Graduate and Masters level?

No, Mathematics is not required in 12th standard to apply for the graduation degree in Genetics. Even, you must have PCB in 12th standard to apply for admission in any graduate degree in Genetics.
The cut off for admission varies every year hence you are suggested to work hard and try to obtain the maximum marks you can achieve. The best option to get good marks in entrance examination is to practice the previous year papers. The best institutes for pursuing the graduate degree in Genetics are listed below:

Natubhai V. Patel College of Pure and Applied Science - NVPAS, Anand

Bhavan's Vivekananda College of Science, Humanities, and Commerce, Hyderabad

Anupama College of Management Studies and Science, Bangalore

A.W.H. Special College, Kozhikode
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?