12th February 2010, 12:33 PM
salint

What's the difference in exams of civil service and the customs department? How can I prepare for the exam and interviews for better result? How may I know about the career development in customs sector?

Sir,
I did my MCA with first class,but i would like to boom my carrier in customs.
Kindly clear my some doubts regarding this sector.
What is the difference in exams of civil service and the customs department?..give me more about the carrier development in this sector.
How can i prepare for the exam and interviews for better result?

I will be grateful with your answer

Thanking You

25th February 2012, 11:52 AM
uthara kiran sahu

Default Re: What's the difference in exams of civil service and the customs department? How can I prepare for the exam and interviews for better result? How may I know about the career development in customs sector?

thanks for your interest in all india services. Inorder to join customs you have to go through upsc civil service exams. since customs is coming under IRS a part in the IAS exam, You have to clear the process of preliminary, main and interview for selection, based on the score and option out of the 28 group1 posts in the service you will be posted as appraising officer in any customs house / if you get a higher score in the IAS exam you will be posted directly in the rank of Assisitant Commissioner of Customs. Best of luck prepare throughly for the UPSC Civil Service exam 2013, advertisement comes in the last week of December in leading news paper / employment news. please apply and get sucess.
24th December 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What's the difference in exams of civil service and the customs department? How can I prepare for the exam and interviews for better result? How may I know about the career development in customs sector?

Hi i want to become a CUSTOMS officer in IRS, i am from electrical engineering, please help me how to start for CSAT and achieve my goal.i want a plan, a strategy which makes a path to my goal.
please help me out.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?