20th August 2011, 08:20 PM
neeraj 11

When can I give CDS exam after completing B.Tech in Mechanical?

sir
i was doing b.tech in mechanical and i am giving 7th semister exam in december .and 8th in june . when i can give cds exam?

21st August 2011, 09:30 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: When can I give CDS exam after completing B.Tech in Mechanical?

FOR CDSE = you have to be 19 half to 23 half years of age and must have passed graduation.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg.

For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.and for Indian Naval Academy you need to have a Degree in Engineering.similarly for Air Force Academy you need a Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
21st August 2011, 10:34 AM
ASHWANI42092

Default Re: When can I give CDS exam after completing B.Tech in Mechanical?

Dear friend,
CDSE stands for Combined defence service exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC
twice in a year .CDSE allows only those who have completed their graduation in any stream or a final year student of graduation can also apply for CDS.
1]Age limit for Army 19-24 yeras.
2]Age limit for Navy 19-22 years.
3]Age limit for Air force 19-23 years.
You have already missed one CDS application form
which was released in the month of May 2011. Next CDSE application form is going to releasein the month of October -November .For information you can login the official website that is www.upsc.gov.in and you can also refer employment newspaper .
Thank you .
21st August 2011, 06:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj 11 View Post
sir
i was doing b.tech in mechanical and i am giving 7th semister exam in december .and 8th in june . when i can give cds exam?
dear friend,

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university with any discipline are eligible for CDS exam.

But the age criteria from different sector are different.like

For army :-19 to 24 year.
For navy :-19 to 22 year.
For air force :-19 to 23 year.

Yes , you are eligible for CDS exam because you have completed your graduation.

For more information you can login the official website that is www.upsc.gov.in and you can also refer employment newspaper .

thanks
4th October 2012, 07:05 PM
ma_siddiqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj 11 View Post
sir
Since you have mised CDS II .... so you can give the CDS I next year .

It is going to be in may ..

So start preparing and do well

Good luck .. !!
26th February 2014, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir,

now i'm appearing 8th Semester and my Branch is Electronics & Communication Engineering. and one problem is there that now my age is 25 so can i give SSB Exam and CDS EXAM is not possible. So what is will do please sir tell me the way.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?