28th September 2017, 09:08 PM
Sail.rahul

When first generation computer was developed? What type of content were used?

When first generation computer is developed and what type of content is used.? Can someone give me the details on this? I am just learning these answers to get prepared for my school exam. So, kindly give me the details soon. Thank you!

29th September 2017, 11:47 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: When first generation computer was developed? What type of content were used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail.rahul View Post
When first generation computer is developed and what type of content is used.? Can someone give me the details on this? I am just learning these answers to get prepared for my school exam. So, kindly give me the details soon. Thank you!

First generation of computer developed in 1940 and it’s time period is till 1959.

>> In first generation of computer vacuum tubes are basic circuitry components and megnatic drums are used for storage memory purpose.

>> In first generation of computer lot’s of tubes, electrical bulbs are used which produce lot of heat and fuse frequently so it has drawback of thermal run away.

>> First generation computer cannot be used for long time because it heats so much due to which system failure occurs.

>> First generation computer needs a whole AC to cool it down or to escape it from thermal runaway.

>> There are many drawbacks in first generation computer like it is very big in size, Very costly, Non profitable, Slower processing, Consume lot of electricity etc.

>> Some computers of fist generation are ENIAC, EDVAC, UNIVAC, IBM-701, IBM-650.
30th September 2017, 07:18 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When first generation computer was developed? What type of content were used?

The first generation computers were developed during the period of 1940-1955. It started from Universal Automatic Computer. They were developed by Mauchly and Echert.

The contents used for first generation computers were vacuum tubes and magnetic drums. The examples of First generation computer is UNIVAC and ENIVAC.
30th September 2017, 04:54 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

First Generation Computers were built between 1940-1956.

Vacuum tubes were widely in this generation of computers for manufacturing of computers.

For construction of memory, magnetic drums were used in this age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?