15th December 2018, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Whether B.Tech students can become Collector or not?

Sir, I'm studying B.Tech (ECE) 1st year and I want to become Collector. Is that possible? If possible after B.Tech then how can I apply for it? I heard I will have to write entrance exam a well. So, can anybody provide my that exam details as well?

31st December 2018, 02:58 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether B.Tech students can become Collector or not?

You are not eligible to appear for Civil Service as per your present qualification. The minimum required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year of bachelor degree. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, till you become eligible to appear for examination you must do better preparation for examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2018, 03:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you will become eligible to appear for examination while appearing for final year examination. The examination is conducted in three stages. To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2018, 05:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates with B.Tech qualification are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination but after completion or while pursuing in the final year.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, if you want to qualify in the examination you can start the preparation as it is among the toughest examination.

There are three stages of examination.
2nd January 2019, 11:18 PM
Meg24

Hello
Yes Btech students can become collector.
Infact anyone who clears the Upsc exams and ends in the top spot can become a collector.

Coming to the details of becoming a collector,
You have to appear for the civil service examination conducted by UPSC annually.
The only criteria for the exam is that any citizen above the age of 21 and with a graduation degree from a recognised Indian University can apply for the cse examination.

The age limit is 32 for general candidates with reservation for the other castes.
The exam.is divided into following levels:
Prelims
Mains
Interview

The first exam.is a qualifying objective analytical paper
The second level is subjective paper and the final one is the interview.

As you are in the first year of your degree you have ample amount of time so start with the basic books like ncerts.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?