15th January 2018, 01:12 PM
sarathvk0

Whether foreign universities degrees are valid for appearing in UPSC exams or not?

I'm Indian by birth and studied in abroad. Therefore, I have all foreign degrees. So will my foreign degrees is acceptable for UPSC exam? Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exams having graduation from universities other than in India?

27th January 2018, 02:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether foreign universities degrees are valid for appearing in UPSC exams or not?

UPSC is Union Public Service Commission and it conducts entrance examination for recruitment in various services.

The most common entrance examination conducted by UPSC is Civil Service Examination. The common eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

So, a degree from a foreign university ( recognised ) is valid to appear in the entrance examination.

So, you can appear for the entrance examination but have to qualify in all stages for final recruitment. For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
16th June 2021, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Whether foreign universities degrees are valid for appearing in UPSC exams or not?

I'm looking forward to appearing for the UPSC examination after my graduation. Just wanted to know if I complete my graduation from King's College, London, or any college from the US in a course of political economy BA/Bsc, then will that make it difficult for me to appear for UPSC as compared to if I studied in Delhi University?

So is it preferable to do my undergrad from India for the UPSE examination?
13th April 2023, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my associates degree in health science from langara college. Should I eligible for ups. Exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?