25th June 2010, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Why is IIT so popular?

can u tell me about iit &what we do after this.why it is very popular? i want to know about man air hostess.

25th June 2010, 05:01 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why is IIT so popular?

Dear friend

IIT is popular because they providing quality education in science and technology and these college is one of the top colleges of India and the environment in these institution is highly conducive and IIT is a great institution a lot of hardwork is needed to enter in IIT because they will provide admission on the basis of Joint entrance examination, after clear this exams, you will get enter in IIT........
25th June 2010, 05:58 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello dear ,
first of all we do not say 'man air hostess' . for man we have 'flying stuart' and for woman we have 'air hostess' .you may apply after twelfth for flying stuart.
IIT is indian institute of technology thus is a b.tech program . It takes entrance exams in which all over India students give exams we have in all twelve institutes of IIT thus we have to secure under 10000 rank to get success it's superior among all examinations because of it's high reasonable quality questions with promptness , placements are wonderful .It prepares high quality technitions IITIANS get good job with awsome salary all this made it so popular.
25th June 2010, 07:47 PM
pinnache

the iit are best in india.
they are best in global performa.
their entrances are most hardest in india like iitjee.
25th June 2010, 08:13 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

IIT or Indian Institute Of Technology are the most prestigious and highly esteemed engineering institutes, providing bachelor's degree , Master's degree and more higher degrees in different engineering trends.

IITs provide best technical academic environment along with research programs. After graduating from IIT ,one can join as fellow researcher in ISRO or DRDO.

Sorry, man cant become air hostess, but can become Flight Purser.

A flight purser, male counterpart of the airhostess has to be a graduate below 26 years, and have a minimum height of 163 cm.

Good luck!
25th June 2010, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

basically IIT is related to courses related to technology.those students who have done the IIT courses will become self dependent as early as possible within a short time period and with lesser fees.
25th June 2010, 10:11 PM
sandy B

hello friend,according to my view the infrastracture,lab equipment,teaching,teacher etc are very high quality.so it is reputated all over the world..
28th June 2010, 01:01 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
this paper is very tough and those student quailified it so your life is better.because forien student also get admission in iit but mostly student can be selected every year.my advised only those candidate do hard work in 10+2 with pcm group so you can easily qualified iit exam.
28th June 2010, 07:44 PM
siddharthkathuria

Talking Re: Why is IIT so popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can u tell me about iit &what we do after this.why it is very popular? i want to know about man air hostess.
hi,
first of all, it is not 'man air hostess', it is flying stuart. it has a good career.
secondly, iits are popular as they provide the quality education on world basis. they are the best engineering colleges in india
30th June 2010, 09:26 PM
drdo99
Banned

friend,they are primer institutuions of learning.
also they come in world ranking.
1st July 2010, 12:44 AM
mathursaab

IIT is so popular because its entrance exam is the toughest paper in India and it provide quality education in science and technology.
1st July 2010, 01:27 PM
Dkiran

hello friend,IIT is popular is because the subjects in IIT course take you into deep core knoeledge of it.where in normal engineering you will be taught of something like "Earth"
they will explain how it is now and thats it, but where as in IIT About Earth They will taught as "Why cant the earth look in different way".
In B.Tech students will be focused in only one direction whereas in IIT studentd will be focused in multiple direction.so, friend this why IIT is so popular.
1st July 2010, 01:52 PM
vamsi_1

Thumbs up Re: Why is IIT so popular?

IIT's are so popular because the INDIAN government is prestageously provides the latest updated labs and excellent teaching faculty
23rd July 2010, 11:00 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hi Friend
All IITs are autonomous universities that provides there own crriculam they are members of LAOTSE, an international network of universities in Europe and Asia.

All IIT's also provides different courses in different fields that are considered among the best in India.

The IIT's have the best or you say the latest technology,which are used to teach the students.

The various research programes are also run in the IIT's.and llots more.........

These are the basic factors why IIT's are popular in India.Hope that you got it.
10th August 2010, 05:12 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
IITs have best in every aspect.
just like ....
BEST FACULTYES
BEST INFRASTRUCTURE
BEST LABS
BEST PLACEMENTS
and not last but the least BEST STUDENTS.....
i think now you can understand that why IITs are so popular...
all the best.
10th August 2010, 06:09 PM
prathamesh22

IT is indian institute of technology
they have good teacher
resources
machine and equipment
13th August 2010, 07:28 PM
Sathishkannan

IIT is so popular because they having good infrastucture,environment,talented faculty and lot which gives rich education.
15th August 2010, 07:40 PM
bholag

dear friend,
IIT is one of the prestigious exam in INDIA.It has to much value all over the world.To get admission to IITs you have to give an entrance exam named IITJEE
Their is limited seats in it.
while during campus most the multi national companies come to IIT colleges and they give high package
15th August 2010, 09:53 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Indian Institute Of Technology are the most prestigious and highly

esteemed engineering institutes, providing bachelor's degree , Master's

degree and more higher degrees in different engineering trends.

IITs provide best technical academic environment along with research

programs.
17th August 2010, 02:13 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

"Indian Institute of Technology"
which is a Reputed and Autonomous Engineering and science and MBA Institute of India,(IIT madras has 5 years integrated MA Program also) which has been established by a special law enforcement of creating a world class institute like every country has one of its own kind. Likewise MIT is for Manchester, Harvard, Oxford etc. are there similarly IIT id for India.

The first IIT established in 1951 it was IIT, Kharaghpur. A famous British build Jail where many freedom fighter has prisoned was transformed into an aotunomous institute.

Slowly IIT strenght becomes to 8 and at present there are total 15 IIT's In India.

IIT's has excellent, Faculty, High-Tech Labs (lagre section of lab equipments are exported from Japan) placement, Best Minded Students, Innovators and all which makes it a World class Innstitute.

So, every Engineering Aspirant dreams of getting there. Every year LAcs of students appear for it entrance IITJEE, IITJAM etc. but only hanful able to crack it and get there.

Lets see what Other Eminent Personalities of World think about IIT.

"And it's hard to think of anything like IIT anywhere in the world. It is a very unique institution." (Bill Gates, Microsoft)

"Per capita, IIT has produced more millionaires than any other undergraduate institution." (Salon Magazine)

"The process for selection is absolutely draconian." (McKinsey)

Isn't its enough to understand why IIT is so famous......!

Regards
~Faiyaz~

17th August 2010, 04:39 AM
richa420
Banned

Quote:
friend
IIT is the india's most prestigious Technical institute.It provide bachalor nd master degree in Technology in various stream.
It is popular as after passing frm this coll a person will get jobs of higest package.There is no mail air hostess,inspite of this there is mail crew member who is called steward.To become a steward u hav to pass 10+2 in PCM then uhave to take training of steward from some aviation school i.e . AHA

thanks
17th August 2010, 06:43 AM
ashokv2989

Simple
iit's have all facilities what a student needs !!!!
17th August 2010, 08:55 AM
ravi6

hello dear,
IITs are the top engineering colleges in india. IITs have good infrastructure
and good study. you can go in highly multinational companies after do B.TECH in IIT.The placement in IITs are very good and top level.

ragards
ravi6
17th August 2010, 10:16 AM
varuniitkgp

IITs are popular because they have cream of country..
all the talent is introduced in IIT system through a tough IIT JEE Exam.
after that they are subjected to a fine education system where they groomed into a finest engineers of country. many IITians are ruling most of the companies all around the world.
17th August 2010, 10:52 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

hi frnd..iit is famous for it's education ,study,research and it's tough entrance xam..
17th August 2010, 11:44 AM
jainlove

Quote:
IIT- Indian institute of technology, you want to know why its so popular?
its the institute for engineering & technology ranked top in india & also having good rank all over the world, any engineer from these institutes are having awesome salary, knowledge & sharp mind. only some students across the india selected for these institute by an Entrance exam JEE.
for more information just see where are the IIT'ians?
17th August 2010, 11:45 AM
arpit.watercar

Quote:
because it is old and govt support it that why iit having fame even iit education is same like oother colleges even they have same labs only difference is govt provide fund to iit and other college is self fund even iit didnt have those tools which outside country university have so i suggest u to do engg from outside the country that buget is same what in india
17th August 2010, 11:55 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

IITs are so popular because they have world class infrasructure, faculties. it is autonomous body.they can change their syllabus according to need. they get lots of funds for development and research.

it has world class faculties.all faculties are phd holder.

their placements are 100%.all students get two or more placement offers with salary ranging between 6 to 10 lacks per annum.

you can join aviation field by doing course in flight steward.

best of luck.
17th August 2010, 12:27 PM
surendra_deore

Quote:
yaa,dear IITs are so popular because the quality and level of education these institutes provides in field of technology specially engineering!The main policy is to enhance and upgrade the technology for welfare of human beings through MHRD.these iits r raw brain of our research instiututes today!
17th August 2010, 03:27 PM
hsakapandit
Banned

Location: Vill. and Post Office Katrain, Near Shiv Temple, Distt. and Teh. Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) India

IIT is the institute of India and India has a lot of unemployment. Everyone want good job So IIT provides good job with good money! If you are good in studies. Given Details

Name Short Name Year of Estblished City/Town State/UT
IIT Kharagpur IITKGP 1951 Kharagpur West Bengal
IIT Bombay IITB 1958 Mumbai Maharashtra
IIT Madras IITM 1959 Chennai Tamil Nadu
IIT Kanpur IITK 1959 Kanpur Uttar Pradesh
IIT Delhi IITD 1963 New Delhi New Delhi
IIT Guwahati IITG 1994 Guwahati Assam
IIT Roorkee IITR 2001 Roorkee Uttrakhand
IIT Ropar IITRPR 2008 Rupnagar Punjab
IIT Bhubaneshwar IITBBS 2008 Bhubaneshwar Orissa
IIT Hyderabad IITH 2008 Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh
IIT Gandhinagar IITGn 2008 Gandhinagar Gujarat
IIT Patna IITP 2008 Patna Bihar
IIT Rajasthan IITJ 2008 Jodhpur Rajasthan
IIT Indore IITI 2009 Indore Madhya Pradesh
IIT Mandi IIT Mandi 2009 Mandi Himachal Pradesh
17th August 2010, 04:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

IIT is the most prestigious institution in our country. They are famous for the quality education they provide. They also have excellent placement record. IITs have well experienced faculties. Candidates have to appear for JEE/CAT/GMAT exam for the various science and technological courses.
17th August 2010, 05:24 PM
danveer

Quote:
iit are famouse because they povide quality of education with practical knowledge.they provide high plcement packages in india .they are best in all things.
and man not be a air hostess
17th August 2010, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

so man you put a question about iit, that why is it so popular? hey do u know what is the monthly income of an iit teacher? its about 2 lakhs per month. once you top in the iit jee surely you will get reward. i mean to say that you will get a wonderfull job in the government as well as in private sector. and the job gautantee of a iit student is more than 95%. and the annual salary of a iit student is about 30-40 lakhs. so once u get the chance dont miss it. otherwise ask those students who has been suffered. so mind it buddy.
bye and wish u good luck for your future.
17th August 2010, 06:37 PM
lakshmiprasanna

Quote:
hi friend
first of all we have to know the full form of IIT-INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY.
we lern every thing by doing experiments
then we have an idea about what we learn.
even projects also do by our own.
17th August 2010, 08:52 PM
Senior Member+++

The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are a group of 15 autonomous engineering and technology-oriented institutes of higher education established and declared as Institutes of National Importance by the Parliament of India. The IITs were created to train scientists and engineers, with the aim of developing a skilled workforce to support the economic and social development of India after independence in 1947

following are the fifteen iit institutes :
IIT Kharagpur
IIT Bombay
IIT Madras
IIT Kanpur
IIT Delhi
IIT Guwahati
IIT Roorkee
IIT Ropar
IIT Bhubaneshwar
IIT Hyderabad
IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Patna
IIT Rajasthan
IIT Indore
IIT Mandi

Admission

Admission to undergraduate B. Tech and integrated M. Tech programs are through IIT-JEE (the Joint Entrance Examination) in which around 400,000 students appear annually out of which only 7,500 get selected. Admission to most postgraduate courses in IITs is granted through various written entrance examinations: GATE (for M.Tech.), JAM (for M.Sc.) and CEED (for M.Des.). The admission for Ph.D. program is based primarily on a personal interview, though candidates may also have to appear for written tests.
17th August 2010, 10:11 PM

Hi dear,
well, IIT that is Indian Institute Of Technology is popular because if u don't know then I would like to tell you that it is is the number one institute of India in the FIELD OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.....people say it is hard to think about IIT but this is partially true because in my view all you need is the best guidance n some exam tricks to qualify IIT okay so dont get worried at all....as far as I know kharagpur IIT is the best but IIT is the best after all ... a stamp of IIT and your hard work is enough to develop a quick and successful career in the field of engineering...
17th August 2010, 10:29 PM
prerna giri

iit is so populat because it is the leading institute in india which provides aquality education to students..you can be a part of this by appearing in the prestigeous iit-jee exam..for which the eligibilty criteria is a 60% marks at +2 level...
18th August 2010, 12:02 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

IIT are considered to be the best in the country and it produces very good students at the end which helps in building our country.

The IITs have a very good faculty and very good infrastructure too. The IITs are centrally governed and are funded by government.

So its all because of the students that IITs are so popular because their students are very intelligent and driven towards success
18th August 2010, 01:17 AM
shubham957

Smile Re: Why is IIT so popular?

Quote:
iit is the name of topmost engineering colleges of our country. they provide quality education. they are having the best faculties. best placements are available there. they give admission only on the basis of iit jee exam. there is very tough competition in that exam. every upcoming engineer of india is having a dream of studying in iit. that is why iit are so famous.
18th August 2010, 02:00 AM
jomson varghese

Quote:
dear friend,
IIT is the one of the topmost institution .IIT vision is to contribute to India and the world through excellence in scientific and technical education and research; to serve as a valuable resource for industry and society; and to remain a source of pride for all Indians.
STUDENTS LIFE OF CAMPUS
1 Halls of Residence
2 Student Affairs Council (SAC)
3 Academic Interaction Council (AIC)
4 Co-curricular Activities
5 The students’ Activity Centre
6 Students’ Canteens
7 Stationery Shop and Telephone Booth
8 Board for Recreational and Creative Activities (BRCA)
9 Sports and Games (BSA)
10 Board for Student Publications (BSP
11 Board for Student Welfare (BSW)
12 National Cadet Corps (NCC)
13 National Service Scheme (NSS) 47
14 National Sports Organization (NSO)
15 Student Counseling Service (SCS) 48
16 Departmental Professional Societies 48
17 Benevolent Fund Scheme
18 Insurance Policy
19 Medical Facilities
20 Conduct and Discipline
21 Honour Code
22 Student-Teacher Interactions 50
23 Alumni Association
.24 Institute Policy on Ragging

MAJOR CENTRAL FACILITIES
Computer Services Centre
Industrial Research and Development Unit
Central Workshop
Training and Placement Unit
Central Library
they give also scolarships for graduates and post graduates and 100% placements
SO IT IS SO POPULAR
SO IT IS SO PO
Other Facilities
18th August 2010, 03:38 AM
B.Sarath Chandra

when coming to education ,its not about the popularity, its about the quality education....
which is quite effectively and efficiently done by the iit's ...hence the 1st preference always stops at iits........
18th August 2010, 06:48 AM
Iranna

It is termed Indian Institute of Technology. Basically it came into picture few years back like IIM (Indian Institute of Management). IIT for specialist in Technology and IIM is famous for Management training. Both are famous for giving quality of education. To get seat from there one who is needed very much high percentage is needed may be near around 90%. Not even having high percentage is not enough, he/she need to get through eneterence exam, its again tougher. Thats for one who completes Technical or Management course from IIT or IIM he/she will get high paid jobs comparing to other university.
18th August 2010, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Me is not IIT'an but i am scientist in drdo any iit in drdo?
18th August 2010, 12:45 PM
sanjeev sadhu

Quote:
IIT is the only technical institution which provides quality education and it nourishes student to face the future.No institution has such type of studying environment or study materials which IIT provides.It has well-qualified and experienced faculties as well as a vast and best teaching methodology.
18th August 2010, 03:18 PM

In real IIT college provide the quality of technical aspects so that most of IITians are getting go career not only in india's giant organistaion but also in rest of the world.
18th August 2010, 06:51 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

as we all know that IITs are the most premier and prestigious technical institutes of India.

they are best because of their performance.

they provides

1.Good teaching staff

2.good labs. with more equipments

3.scope to apply your innovative ability

4.good hostel facilities

5.placement in world class companies

and many more.

all the best.
18th August 2010, 09:21 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
first i want to tell you that the rank of IIT is 59 in all over the world in the technical education either in graduation, master degree even doctorate degree also.
As many friend told that it is an autonomous university.
& IIT holds rank 1 in India in technical education, so it is very popular among student who want to do something in technical field.

As it is a very prestigioue institute so no doubt it has well infrastructure as well as has a group of very renowned faculties.

& its entrance exam standard is also very standard that only meritorious student can selected.

There are fifteen IITs running present time as:
IIT Kharagpur
IIT Bombay
IIT Madras
IIT Kanpur
IIT Delhi
IIT Guwahati
IIT Roorkee
IIT Ropar
IIT Bhubaneshwar
IIT Hyderabad
IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Patna
IIT Rajasthan
IIT Indore
IIT Mandi

some other IITs are also planning to open.
good luck.
19th August 2010, 12:36 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

IIT is so popular, due to

1.its infrastracture.

2.teaching & teachers quality.

3.good placement.

4.good enviornment for education.

all the best.........
19th August 2010, 01:38 AM
Raj333

dear friend...............
IIT is so popular because of its examination process ,it is also famous due to teachers quality as well as the students quality.IIT will providing best jobs to the student.IIT's providing good enviornment for education to the students.IIT
providing best opportunity to the student everywhere i.e in india or out of india.

best of luck................................
19th August 2010, 03:34 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

simply beacuse they produce the best engineers in the country,
the students of iit are class apart and are always good in there respective fields,
also the the environment of iit makes it dream destination for any student in India,
the government also gives much importance to them and take care of them very well
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?